PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Justin Bouse

gazza99
10-18-2001, 11:57 PM
This is posted on the "making a living as teacher" thread.- Please respond to this one Justin...if you havent already to the other thread.

Good to see you here, however you come on to defend conjecture and hearsay about someone, yet you yourself beleive what comes through the grapevine and insist on not clarifing with the source. Why is that? You insist people here clarify information heard at the source, yet you fail to follow your own advice?
I understand you do not want to play politics of any kind, well neither do I. So let me set the record straight for you if your reading.

I told the individual(at the pub) I was discussing martial arts with that I only knew of Mike Sotto through you (he was suprised I knew who Mike was), I told him that I thought highly of Mike and his school. He then asked me what art I did, and what art you did, eventually he asked if I liked Bagua or Muay thai best, I said I thought Bagua was better.
So if he ASSUmed that your impression of Mike was not good that is his faulty logic, and not mine. I did nothing but give praise to Mike and his style. But I will NOT cow down and change my opinions because he is Mikes student. I would rather do Baguazhang and Taijiquan that is that,and I have a right to my own observations and conclutions. Im sorry if that hurt anyones self image or feelings.

However I did at no time give him the impression that you gave Mike the "thumbs down" as you put it. If Mikes ego is that fragile then so be it, its not of my concern. You should not be so afraid of upsetting him that you cannot try and clarify such an issue with me or anyone else.

There are very few people in this state with the knowledge you and I (and Chris M.) have. Hopefully you will resolve whatever issue is lurking in your mind (or Mikes) and see your way into being reasonable again. I will be off to war soon, so get in touch if you like. I have moved but my cell is still the same, and my website has updated info.
Kind Regards,
Gary

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

gazza99
10-25-2001, 08:32 PM
Just wanted to clear up some things that were in my previous post for the record.

"If Mikes ego is that fragile then so be it, its not of my concern. You should not be so afraid of upsetting him that you cannot try and clarify such an issue with me or anyone else"

After posting this letter to get Justins attention the matter was cleared up, and it was a simple miscommunication. Nobody harbors any hard feeling, and Mikes ego is not fragile at all, that was not the case. He was accually much more dismissive of the hearsay than I speculated. So of course nobodys "self image or feelings" were hurt by anything passed through the grapevine. Mike and Justin are extremely skilled and knowledgeable martial artists and im happy that these matters were easily rectified!
regards,
Gary

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)