PDA

View Full Version : one tough old man

BruceSteveRoy
02-23-2007, 09:35 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17284416/

moral of the story don't ef with senior citizens.

Black Jack II
02-23-2007, 10:32 AM
that is a great find. I wonder if he was a ranger or solider back in ww2.

Shaolin Wookie
02-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I heard he was a chaplain.....

Knifefighter
02-23-2007, 10:52 AM
that is a great find. I wonder if he was a ranger or solider back in ww2.

Um.... if he was in WW2, he would would be close to 90 years old. This guy was in his 70's. Just barely old enough to have possibly been in the Korean conflict.

Black Jack II
02-23-2007, 11:00 AM
**** you got me.;)

He would of been able for Korea though.

Golden Arms
02-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Wow, someone should tell him that headlocks dont work :rolleyes: Maybe Knifefighter could show up in person to tell him that that was a low percentage technique and that he needs to take some BJJ so he can actually defend himself.

Black Jack II
02-23-2007, 11:49 AM
First off I seriously doubt it was the actual headlock which broke the guys clavicle. I bet it was a incidental strike or the guy being driven into some other object which did it.

This paper gives no real details and since there is no video who knows.

MasterKiller
02-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Um.... if he was in WW2, he would would be close to 90 years old. This guy was in his 70's. Just barely old enough to have possibly been in the Korean conflict.

My dad fought in WW2. Army Air Force in the Pacific, and he would have been about 77 or so this year. Or course, he lied about his age and enlisted at 16, but so did 2 of his brothers, too.

Shaolin Wookie
02-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Douche......

I mean, Touchee.......

Knifefighter
02-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Wow, someone should tell him that headlocks dont work :rolleyes: Maybe Knifefighter could show up in person to tell him that that was a low percentage technique and that he needs to take some BJJ so he can actually defend himself.

It wasn't a headlock, it was a choke. He had trained in wrestling, judo, and some BJJ.

The guy broke his clavicle from a "safe" judo throw which was followed by a choke on the ground.

Oh yeah... maybe the kung fu cultists should tell him that grappling and groundfighting don't work when weapons and multiple opponents are involved.

Golden Arms
02-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Read the article man, it says headlock. I am not saying there arent better techniques, but I am also just quoting the article.

PangQuan
02-23-2007, 12:31 PM
It wasn't a headlock, it was a choke. He had trained in wrestling, judo, and some BJJ.

The guy broke his clavicle from a "safe" judo throw which was followed by a choke on the ground.

Oh yeah... maybe the kung fu cultists should tell him that grappling and groundfighting don't work when weapons and multiple opponents are involved.

got a link to this detailed info? i didnt see this info in the linked msnbc report.

Mas Judt
02-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Well, if he didn't have a crowd backing him up, he could very well have been killed while choking guy out. So using your logic; 'throwing and groundfighting are excellent self defense when you have a busload of people backing you up.'

Don't be such a tool. It's such a been there, done that argument.

I still like the story about the carjacker who tried to steal the rental van containing the US Olympic Judo team. I still remember the news footage. That guy just looked like he wanted to cry...

Hmmm a van-ful. Do I see a trend?

Knifefighter
02-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Read the article man, it says headlock. I am not saying there arent better techniques, but I am also just quoting the article.

The article said headlock because that's what he told the authorities. That's always the smart thing to tell them. Not smart to say you choked someone when they died as a result.

SifuAbel
02-23-2007, 02:55 PM
PFT, this was poor planning and dumb luck, the one guy with the gun was overtaken by SGt. Slaughter and the other two ran off. Which is the smartest thing since now a panicy NJ housewife has thier one gun nervously shaking in her hand. :rolleyes:

Mas Judt
02-23-2007, 04:24 PM
I didn't know there was such a thing as a 'safe' Judo throw...

SifuAbel
02-23-2007, 05:00 PM
on a bus, even.........

JetLi'sFearless
02-25-2007, 02:10 AM
I'd rather someone take every material possesion of mine, than I take his life.

It sounds like (and im ready to be proven totally wrong) that he subdued the mugger, then decided to take his life.

Mas Judt
02-25-2007, 06:04 AM
Well, If a gun is pulled on you, there is an implied threat of death or greivious injury - enough reason to fight back, I think.

I've met people who were tryly self-centered and gained pleasure from harming others. The damage they took for mistaking my pacifism for weakness served as a valuable tool for breaking them out of a dangerous cycle of narcisism. Dangerous for themselves (they got a beating) and dangerous for others (many were hurt and traumatised before they 'met' me.)

Some people are just evil. Evil needs a beating.

JetLi'sFearless
02-25-2007, 06:12 AM
To kill him, he'd have to keep him in the choke for 3-4 minutes. Past 2 is brain damage.

JetLi'sFearless
03-02-2007, 02:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4rSzq6QYi8