PDA

View Full Version : sparring

mambi
02-24-2007, 03:51 PM
went at it first time in 2 years. Had backed off due to a case of macular degeneration with increased potential for detachment of retina. Worth all 3 minutes of it . The way is done at A.M.A is very structure and makes more sense than any of the half dozen places Ive been.Found problem at this old stage( I know I harp on that ) was(is) with these younger folks they can pop me 3 times for each one I can Put in so compensating is more difficult .Really interesting.. and they were pretty cool in allowing me to do what I think I can do.( encouraged to do so but If Im just slacking lookout..) Man!! its a different battle.. Getting the drift that should go soft isHard as hell to accept!! I appreciate the honesty though...

Meat Shake
02-24-2007, 10:35 PM
went at it first time in 2 years. Had backed off due to a case of macular degeneration with increased potential for detachment of retina. Worth all 3 minutes of it . The way is done at A.M.A is very structure and makes more sense than any of the half dozen places Ive been.Found problem at this old stage( I know I harp on that ) was(is) with these younger folks they can pop me 3 times for each one I can Put in so compensating is more difficult .Really interesting.. and they were pretty cool in allowing me to do what I think I can do.( encouraged to do so but If Im just slacking lookout..) Man!! its a different battle.. Getting the drift that should go soft isHard as hell to accept!! I appreciate the honesty though...

Why dont you try brazilian jiu jitsu? Extremely effective, very healthy, and low impact.

mambi
02-25-2007, 07:23 AM
na!! couldnt handle one of those Brazilian wax jobs..though though have certain affection for Sonia Braga..:

Shaolin Wookie
02-25-2007, 07:55 AM
and low impact.

I got tossed like a rag doll at the school I went to.......and it isn't easy on the fingers/joints. Lots of locks, man.....

Good for hte young....maybe not so much for older guys....