PDA

View Full Version : Question for the qi gurus...

IronFist
10-14-2001, 03:27 AM
Alright, today I got an air filter for my dorm room becaues dorms are pretty unsanitary places, and I've heard this will help a lot. So, here is my question:

Should I shut it off for qigong practice? In addition to an air filter, it also has an ionizer which emits positive ions into the room that bond with stuff like dust and allergens and then fall to the floor (or something).

So, are these ions gonna be counter-productive to my qigong breathing? Should I just shut it off while I do qigong?

Thanks,

Iron

Nexus
10-14-2001, 04:23 AM
Chi is likely not to be affected by this filter. I believe you will be able to do your qi gong with success regardless if it is on or off. Although, you may wish to turn it off it that makes you feel more comfortable that you are doing your qi gong in the proper type of environment. It's just a choice, on or off, and I don't think either one will be of a great affect to your qi gong. It certainly is a good question though!

How are your practices going by the way?

- Nexus

prana
10-14-2001, 04:26 AM
I am not a Qi guru, and so have no right to answer this question.

But if you wouldnt mind, here are my leafs worth.

I have not heard even recently that Negative ions contribute or remove good or bad Qi. Although I know Negative ions do cause dust particles to stick tot he walls instead of being airborne and also adds to the feeling of well-being. I think you can practise it regardless of whether it be on or off. More importantly, and perhaps conteracting your original intention of having an ioniser and filter int he first place, perhaps meditate closer to nature and away from direct sunlight ?

http://dharmatours.com/hbmc/Prwhbl1.gif

prana
10-14-2001, 06:33 AM
hmm Ironfist,

I read wrongly from your post, negative ions are supposed to be beneficial and positive ions are supposed to make you tired and nauseas (not that I would know because I don't use them) so you might want to check on that 1.

http://dharmatours.com/hbmc/Prwhbl1.gif

Repulsive Monkey
10-14-2001, 10:28 AM
Have no fear no adverse effects should be felt.

IronFist
10-14-2001, 06:46 PM
Hmm, maybe it's negative ions it puts out. Obviously, it emits the good kind :)

perhaps meditate closer to nature and away from direct sunlight ?

Closer to nature but away from sunlight? I've been doing standing qigong in front of a window, but not directly hit by sunlight.

Oops, I'm in class right now. Hehe, gotta run :p

Iron