PDA

View Full Version : Car radio just got jacked!

SanHeChuan
02-26-2007, 08:02 PM
So my car radio was stolen and my kung fu bag! I'm not really angry about it but I do want my bag back. I was hoping they would dump it in one of the dumpsters here, but no luck. At least I didn't have any of my good stuff in it, just some sparring gear and a pair of double daggers. Nothing I can't replace. I needed a new stereo anyway. Good thing all my CD's suck, they didn't take them. They did break my dash though and that sucks.

They are sending a tech out to do finger prints, good thing I touched everything :rolleyes:

Oso
02-26-2007, 08:12 PM
that sucks dude.

i once had an old army duffle stolen out of the back of my truck. I used it for toting laundry back and forth from the house to the laundromat and it had clean laundry in it. All they got were some bdu's and several band/concert shirts that I liked a whole lot...oh, and my only ever tiedye shirt. ;)

i dunno why anyone would have thought to score the motherload from a duffel in the back of an 81 Mazda 2000 that was more rust than steel :confused:

Chief Fox
02-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Dude, that sucks. I used to have a jeep that had no door locks. I lived in an apartment complex and if I left anything in that Jeep it was gone. Man, I hated those aprtments. Many a night I thought about waiting outside in the dark but I never did.

No real advice here but i feel your pain.

D-FENS
02-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Dude, I feel yer pain. My toolbag got jacked from a busstop while I was 30 yards away doing some Tai Chi moves. It blew, because I was on my way to a jobsite, and kept having to borrow people's screwdrivers and whatnot.

Good luck finding a new radio. I hear Kenwoods are the ****.

SanHeChuan
02-26-2007, 08:27 PM
The cop said the dude would probably come back to see what I replace it with. Maybe I'll leave it on the seat and watch it a couple of nights. But then again that could just get messy if I confronted the guy. I could take a picture of him though. That sounds like a lot of work, I don't know that I'm that interested. I just want my bag back! :D

Eddie
02-27-2007, 04:00 AM
when I was in the us last year, I went with Master Li Siu Hung to a chinese restourant for lunch. Got out of the car, and two guys in a van pulled up next to me and ask me if i dont want to buy some stuff they had in the van. Home theatre systems and stuff. I just said no thanks and walked on, but the guy got pushy. As if he was going to attack me if I didnt buy his stuff. I had to explain to him that I didnt live over there, and that I have no use for a home theatre system in the us. Eventually I just told the guy in an agressive way to F off, and went into the shop.

I thought it was pretty funny.

rogue
02-27-2007, 05:31 AM
We had a bunch of car robberies in my neighborhood, and we're upscale. They'd hit about 8 cars a night every so often. It doesn't matter where you live as long as the poips have the opportunity, which my neighbors helped with by leaving their cars unlocked with some very valuable items in them. Anything from IDs to a wedding ring.

MasterKiller
02-27-2007, 07:06 AM
That's why I took out my stereo and installed an iPod jack. Nothing to steal, now.

BruceSteveRoy
02-27-2007, 07:50 AM
when i was in college i had a 14 year old toyota with a crappy cd player in it. anyway i woke up one morning to find somone smashed out the window and ripped the dash open to steal it. the cost of the window and dash plus a new crappy cd player would have been more than the car was worth so i bought a new car. the dealer refused to install anti theft death rays. said somethign about technology not being there yet. anyway, that and having just gone through my apartment being broken into and all my stuff being stolen a few months ago i certainly feel your pain. the world is full of douchebags. just be glad there wasnt anything really valuable in your car. my advice is to get a new cd player with a detachable face and always detach it.

but dont you hate that feeling that someone broke in to your stuff and violated your space and you can't do anything and odds are there won't be an accountablilty for it? makes me mad.

SanHeChuan
02-27-2007, 06:43 PM
and then...AND THEN! My car gets towed this morning! my fault I guess. I parked in a reserved spot that nobody had actually reserved. My only other choice was way across the complex where I would not be able to see it anymore. I figured I'd just move it in the morning no harm no foul. NOT an early riser, so that didn't work out for me.

So I have this genius plan that I'll just run the 5.8 miles to the towing place, when I get there they didn't take credit cards. No biggy there was an ATM on the corner. The ATM was BROKE! so I had to Trek another half a mile to the next ATM and back. When I got home you could have salted a meal with what was left on my face.

I left at about 3 and I was convinced that they would close early at about 4:30 just to screw me over. I made the 6 miles in an hour, but it took another 30 mins. to get the cash and my car.

I understand the radio, but that bag was only valuable to me. No body else is going to use that stuff it will just end up in the trash. :mad:

I'm just waiting for whats next.:confused: :eek: :(

Oso
02-27-2007, 06:57 PM
yea, but you got your cardio in for the day. :D

still liking austin?

SanHeChuan
02-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I still like it here. All this isn't really all that bad. I've had days like these before. Usually my fault to begin with. I probably forgot to lock my car in the first place. :rolleyes:

The run out there wasn't bad, but it was a spur of the moment decision. I wasn't hydrated at all. I was dead tired for kung fu class though and lazy about it to boot.

rogue
02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Another week and you'll be yearning for the care free days of wine and roses in Havelock.:D

GeneChing
02-28-2007, 03:42 PM
I've been ripped off several times, mostly when I used to live in S.F. and work in SoMa. But here's a car radio story for ya that might cheer you up.

I used to drive this Corolla wagon and I installed this cheap cassette player in it. After a few years, I discovered that the cassette player would occasionally play both sides of the cassette tape at the same time, one forward and one backward. It was crazy sounding, like the devil talking underneath the music, and it was totally random when it might shift into this mode. I used to mix tapes with one side melodic and another percussive, just for this effect. I dubbed it Satan Station Stereo and delighted in playing it for my horrified friends. Then one night, somebody broke into my car through the back hatch window. I had some gear bags and a sleeping bag in there, which they took. They tried to get my stereo - there was a cut in the dash - but they failed. They also cut themselves crawling through the broken glass I imagine. When I returned to my car, it was trashed, of course, and there was blood dripping from the slot of my cassette player. Don't even ****ing mess with Satan Station Stereo.

They caught the guys that night. Apparently, they were only striking Toyotas and only in the same neighborhood. Pretty stupid really. My sleeping bag was recovered and held as evidence for a year. By the time it was returned to me, I had already invested in a new one. The thieves were also supposed to pay me some restitution, but that never came.

Anyway, SanHeChuan, ever hear about Mercury Retrograde (http://www.astrologycom.com/mercret.html)?