02-27-2007, 11:58 AM
wow, that is mad funny

Donkwoon
02-27-2007, 02:32 PM
We are screwed......

laugarkuen
02-27-2007, 02:51 PM
That's some scary sh1t

How representative is that of Americans?

Black Jack II
02-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Who knows how many people he street interviewed at all before he found these dumbsh!ts. People like to do these street interviews in America as its a way to try and poke fun at the big guy on the block.

Mas Judt
02-27-2007, 05:12 PM
I can go anywhere in the world and find enough dimwits to do this.

But honestly, we are screwed. I can't tell you how downright ignorant of basic facts most of today's college grads are. There should be an exit exam.

Oddly enough, the less knowledgable they are about the world and history, the more likely they are to be left wing. A connection?

Black Jack II
02-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Here is a decent book on the subject.

http://www.amazon.com/Dumbing-Down-Our-Kids-Themselves/dp/0312148232

Oso
02-27-2007, 08:56 PM
'al Quaida is a wing of the Masonic Order'

too effing funny

Oso
02-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Here is a decent book on the subject.

http://www.amazon.com/Dumbing-Down-Our-Kids-Themselves/dp/0312148232

no ****ing doubt...and just go to your average tkd/karate/kung fu school on the corner to see it in action.

you can read the first part of that book at amazon...maybe it was that they dwelled on history and historical facts that made me think of this one:

"A generation that ignores history has no past...and no future"

syn
02-27-2007, 09:08 PM

But honestly, we are screwed. I can't tell you how downright ignorant of basic facts most of today's college grads are. There should be an exit exam.

Oddly enough, the less knowledgable they are about the world and history, the more likely they are to be left wing. A connection?

I'd say a false prejudice. You're going to get just as many dimiwits on the right side as you will on the left side, It's not in relation to how smart you are, more so the way you think and were raised.

FuXnDajenariht
02-27-2007, 09:16 PM
i wonder what the results would be if they did that in britain or somewhere else...

i also wonder how many people who knew the answers to the question got edited out.

PangQuan
02-27-2007, 10:03 PM
you can find people ignorant of all kinds of stuff everywhere in the world

to evaluate a country you have to look at its leaders

and with that said.....we're screwed?

neit
02-27-2007, 11:30 PM
to be fair, if i was bombing down to 7-11 and some guy started asking me random trivia about canada and the world i might mess up. easy questions are the worst when you are on the spot.

JetLi'sFearless
02-28-2007, 12:02 AM
i wonder what the results would be if they did that in britain or somewhere else...

i also wonder how many people who knew the answers to the question got edited out.

What I wonder is what the result would be if they went to a hood somwhere where they dont enough have school books or the books are outdated by 30 yrs, like in many parts of the country. Probably be even worse.

Meat Shake
02-28-2007, 12:20 AM
"Oddly enough, the less knowledgable they are about the world and history, the more likely they are to be left wing. A connection?"

So learning history will make one hate gays, weed, and funding for education and support war?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

:eek:

MasterKiller
02-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Then how did Bush get elected?

lkfmdc
02-28-2007, 07:49 AM
There are uneducated/"dumb" people in every country in the world and if you interviewed random people on the street and selected the funniest comments you could easily do the same thing with ANY country.

That being said, there is a distinct issue in the US about not knowing much about the world... geographic isolation has led to intellectual isoltionism

Black Jack II
02-28-2007, 08:14 AM
So learning history will make one hate gays, weed, and funding for education and support war

That is a absurd statement.:rolleyes:

Then how did Bush get elected?

It's called votes. It's an easy thing to grasp.

In 2004 Bush got 51 percent of the votes, and he received more than 62 million votes, which is the most ever for a president in history

In 2000 Bush became the winner due to a process called the Electoral College, due to the extreme close run of the race it came down to that process. It was the third time in our history that a president won the Electoral College vote without receiving all of the popular vote.

MasterKiller
02-28-2007, 08:29 AM
It's called votes. It's an easy thing to grasp.

In 2004 Bush got 51 percent of the votes, and he received more than 62 million votes, which is the most ever for a president in history.

Exactly my point. 62 million dumb right-wing hillbilles more worried about gay marraige than anything else...

Black Jack II
02-28-2007, 08:37 AM
62 million dumb right-wing hillbilles more worried about gay marraige than anything else...

First, you know that just sounds a tad flippant right, when people on the left say things like that it just totally discredits anything of merit that you may have a point on.

It goes with that whole line about people using stark emotion to oppose others instead of using some type of rational outlook on the subject.

MasterKiller
02-28-2007, 09:53 AM
First, you know that just sounds a tad flippant right, when people on the left say things like that it just totally discredits anything of merit that you may have a point on.

It goes with that whole line about people using stark emotion to oppose others instead of using some type of rational outlook on the subject.

hrmmmmm. Really?

Black Jack II
02-28-2007, 10:16 AM
LOL,

Ok....I see where your going with that but I don't honestly think what Mas was stating is the extact same context as this-

Exactly my point. 62 million dumb right-wing hillbilles more worried about gay marraige than anything else...

Now they both are backbiting comments, and I admit I happen to believe much more in one as you might have guessed, but which one sounds more brash-irritable to you???

I just don't see that being in the same context.

MasterKiller
02-28-2007, 10:23 AM
LOL,

Ok....I see where your going with that but I don't honestly think what Mas was stating is the extact same context as this-

Now they both are backbiting comments, and I admit I happen to believe much more in one as you might have guessed, but which one sounds more brash-irritable to you???

I just don't see that being in the same context.

Stick around. Mas (MonkeySlap) will say something else that does fit the context.

Black Jack II
02-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Stick around. Mas (MonkeySlap) will say something else that does fit the context.

Ok.:D

But honestly politics can get peoples dander up, I know it does with me and I would be the last person to say it does not get my fingers racing to the keyboard to defend certain viewpoints, but I still don't see how that type of statement is not based on a very obvious prejudice to the extreme.

MasterKiller
02-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Ok.:D

But honestly politics can get peoples dander up, I know it does with me and I would be the last person to say it does not get my fingers racing to the keyboard to defend certain viewpoints, but I still don't see how that type of statement is not based on a very obvious prejudice to the extreme.

http://www.btinternet.com/~varsity_uk/Morans.jpg

:D

Black Jack II
02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
LOL. You had to pick the guy with a mullet.:cool:

The last time I had a mullet was in middle school. Back then it was in if you played soccer.

Heh, this game would be easy, I could sooo find a pic of a san fran hippy somewhere on this net.....:D