PDA

View Full Version : my newest clip

hskwarrior
03-03-2007, 10:04 PM
alright here is my newest edition of video clips.

hope you like, try not to beat it up too bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BfAhnnZ9T0

The Xia
03-04-2007, 10:08 PM
What movie was the FX in the beginning from? It sounded Japanese to me. Anyway, it's a good mix of clips. Looks like training is going well. You're video editing skills have really come along too.

hskwarrior
03-04-2007, 10:30 PM
xia,

thanks for the compliments on my newest edition of our school clips, and to answer your question, the first song is from the Rapper M&M called "hellbound" and the other track is a DJ Premier release.

thanks again, cuz i'm having fun coming up with these, and my students are finally feeling comfortable being filmed.

but i hope you and anyone who watched it enjoys it.

peace

chasincharpchui
03-05-2007, 03:33 AM
to be perfectly honest frank it was a great video

apart from the few effects tho it seems like the videos are the same as before, juss moves from a form

i wanna see some fighting techniques/applications

cmon franky!:)

hskwarrior
03-05-2007, 07:47 AM
chasin,

i am working on putting together a clip where we show some fighting techniques, but i don't want to give up too much on video. this am we are going to fim some more stuff.

but thanks again for the compliments.

Eddie
03-05-2007, 11:20 AM
whos that big guy with the shaved headf in the video?
I recon I can take him ;)

:cool:

big people cant be fast ! :eek:

or so they say :rolleyes:

hskwarrior
03-05-2007, 02:15 PM
yeah eddie, i might be able to take that big bald guy my **** self.:rolleyes:

anyways, i love that people assume because i am big that i move slow, or will be an easy target. but i got the element of surprise on them. i love to catch them slippin.

chasincharpchui
03-05-2007, 10:11 PM
ppl do underestimate big guys

big guys have a much bigger arms than thin guys like myself. so if u think bout it
they dont need to do much moving to block and attack, coz their kiu sau is alot bigger.

gotta be explosive super fast and have to work around those big arms. not easy

hskwarrior
03-05-2007, 11:21 PM
my students say i got forearms of steel because we also do 3 star blocks and i make them quit all the time.

not trying to brag, but i haven't met anyone to make me quit in the 3 star blocking drills.

speaking of that, in my clip you can see we don't always sit in one position doing the 3 star, but we also do them moving. doesn anyone else do moving 3 stars?

chasincharpchui
03-06-2007, 03:45 AM
we move wen we do 3 star

Eddie
03-06-2007, 08:05 AM
yep, moving is good.

frank, while i was ion hong kong last year (with joe), we were at master chow keungs school. there i played three star with seem lam yuk. This old man was one of the hardest people I've met.

I made myself one of those bags they use, so hopefully by the end of the year my conditioning has stepped up a little.

hskwarrior
03-06-2007, 09:45 AM
at my sifu's place he has a dummy that has endured decades of sever abuse, we all wanted to be the one to break the dummy regardless of getting busted.

but yeah, i started with arm against arm, then moved on to wood, then i started using steel poles.

but one benefit from having those conditioned arms is that when we come crashing down full blast, we can destroy all thats in our paths, kinda dramatic but sounds good.;)

eddie, what variations of 3 star did they practice?

Laukarbo
03-07-2007, 05:16 AM
for 3 star we have apart from partnerwork a metal pipe (roughly 50 Kilos) wraped with a rope,also our our wooden men have metal arms..but I find my sifus forearms more painful when doing saam sing with him:eek:

nice video

Eddie
03-08-2007, 01:02 AM
not sure what they were doing other than usual banging forearms against each other, but master Chow Keung had some nice rice/ bean bags hanging in his school which helped allot. Also usefull for kicking to condition the instep of the foot.

Few years ago I did some pai da training with an old shaolin monk, shiyongqi. The guy had some extreme stuff he showed me. Iron shirt ect. The old man was in his 60's, and you can see from his body that the years has taken their toll on him, but he was solid. I once knocked him full blast in his stomach, and he didnt even flinch.

i dont know how people can practice martial arts without doing conditioning

Infrazael
03-08-2007, 05:21 AM
Cool, in my lineage we use that circle block (we call it a poon kiu, but isn't called something else in other branches?) quite a bit . . . . poon kiu sau choy b1tches.

I actually thought circle panther fists were gonna be something else at first, but after watching it I was surprised.