PDA

View Full Version : A fighter's heart

BruceSteveRoy
03-04-2007, 12:10 AM
has anyone read this book? i just picked it up today and so far its very interesting. i think i recommend it. i will write more about it when i am finished. if anyone has read it feel free to comment if not you should all pick it up and read it and then comment.

so far its about this dude that went to private high school, graduated, joined merchant marines, started boxing, went to harvard, graduated, went all over the world working on a boat, ended up in australia, trained muay thai, was told to check out fairtex in thailand, moved there, and started training there. i am on like page 15 i think and i covered that much of the dudes life. lol so yeah it looks to be interesting.

Shaolin Wookie
03-04-2007, 06:45 AM
I made a thread based on this book a while back, but nobody had read it yet, so I axed it.

I think it's a great read.....he's a pretty talented writer.

He gave me a lot of insight into the MMA world, and dispelled quite a few of my misconceptions about the workings of the UFC and PRIDE.

There's a part, though, where he goes to study Chen Tai Chi with William C.C. Chen for like a month, or so. And then he practices it on his own........
I kind of smirked at that, in a typical CMA manner. It took me 6 months to "learn" Yang 64, and I still don't "get it." How in the hell can you learn Tai Chi (any form) in a month?

Still, the book is very informative, and very entertaining.