PDA

View Full Version : Gary Stier in Austin, Texas

johnmcole
10-19-2001, 03:56 AM
Does anyone have any experience training in Hsing I with Gary Stier in Austin, Texas?

I see that he is listed as a Hsing I teacher here, however I've been unable to get in touch with him or find out any information about his classes.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks,
John

TaoBoxer
10-19-2001, 04:20 PM
I trained with Mr. Steir for a few months. Living in San Antonio however, the commute was a bit much.

Classes were once a week at his house in South Austin. Class is 60.00 per month for just Tai Chi. If you want to go to the Application class, that is another 40.00, and if you want the saturday Hsing I/Bagua class, that is another 60.00.

His Tai Chi was good, but it seemed to be a southern system. I didn't see that much Hsing i or Ba Gua. I have refered several people to him and I am pretty sure I still have his # if you need it.

Bill

johnmcole
10-19-2001, 08:12 PM
Thanks Bill. I'm primarily interested in the Hsing-I and Ba Gua instruction. So, I'm hoping that he still offers these Saturday classes. If you could forward on any contact info you might have, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
John
futurman@newsguy.com

3DeeMonk
01-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Try this guy...

www.BaguaKungfu.com

He is hardcore to the lineage and represents He Jinbao and is discretely supported.

He knows more forms than most I have seen and can show all applications of 56 forms per animal trigram system which are 8 trigram systems.

You will not be disappointed and if you like applications, well, you can have me help and spar. You may also attend to public classes at AOMA - sponsored by Jet Li's coach. Only privates are better and he will teach you the awesome stuff you dont get to see in public classes.

You will learn through linear drills, circle drills, stationary drills, and other advanced footwork patterns along with hand postures towards fractal changes. Applications exposed and you knowing the nuances will have a hidden signature of authenticity not seen if taught by someone else! Come on by!

-3DMonk