PDA

View Full Version : Hi

IronFist
03-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I haven't been here in a while. What's up everyone?

phoenixrising
03-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Well, continuing on my program of adding 5 lbs. a week to the bar, I deadlifted (conventional) 100 lbs., 2 sets of five, yesterday (at bodyweight of approximately 140lbs). This month my mission is checking out all the good MA schools around and then jumping in to 1 (or 2) classes at months end. This week I checked out shinkendo and ki aikido, both very cool. The aikido is fascinating with a profound philosophy behind it and the shinkendo is very warrior/samurai like in spirit. Next up are krav maga, mastubayashi shorin ryu,....

SevenStar
03-10-2007, 06:19 PM
What's up everyone?

my squat, bench and dead are up. how's your cardio comin?

Samurai Jack
03-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Good to see you again, Iron. The forum ain't the same when you're gone.

What have you been doing while you've been away?

BoulderDawg
03-10-2007, 06:50 PM
HA! The title of this post has sparked my failing memory!

I don't know if anyone is old enough to remember commercials for a product called Hi Karate Aftershave!:D

They were on TV when I was a kid. It showed a guy using the aftershave then having to use Karate to fight off the women! Of course detailed Karate instructions were included with each bottle!:p

Li Kao
03-11-2007, 02:43 AM
BoulderDawg -- I remember those ads -- though the product was "Hai Karate".
This will take you down memory lane -- one of their old commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbLM0piFIc8

Pork Chop
03-12-2007, 11:52 AM
back at kickboxing as of friday. gonna shoot for 1 or 2 times a week.
last few weeks have been fun enough to kinda snap me out of my little downward spiral- or at least put me on enough of an upswing to make some major headway.
going back to okinawa april 20th.

Chief Fox
03-12-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm training to run a marathon in June and I attend BJJ school 2 or 3 times a week.

Going to the park today at lunch to practice some kung fu forms. If I can remember any of them that is.

xcakid
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Going to the park today at lunch to practice some kung fu forms. If I can remember any of them that is.

Lemme get ya started:

Punch, punch, stick your right palm above your head and kick it. Land in cat stance, snake fist fwd, front roll and land in a splits. That's pretty much how most KF forms go. :D

Chief Fox
03-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Lemme get ya started:

Punch, punch, stick your right palm above your head and kick it. Land in cat stance, snake fist fwd, front roll and land in a splits. That's pretty much how most KF forms go. :D

Thanks, I left out the forward roll because there was goose poop freakin' everywhere.

mickey
03-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi IronFist,

Are you still brick solid or did you let it all go?

mickey

IronFist
03-13-2007, 06:06 PM
lol, I'm still the same as always (skinny and trying to add weight).

I was unemployed for a while but then I got a new job and things are going better. However, my work uses a strict firewall = no KFM at work. And I have a 1-1.5 hour commute each way so when I get home I'm tired.

I'm trying to get back into lifting as seriously as I did before. Right now I'm probably 160-165 @ 11% bf. So, pretty much the same as always (just a bit weaker now, lol).

I've found a bjj school I might be able to start training with on weekends. That makes me happy cuz everything over here is a McDojo or cardio kick boxing.

But other than that, I'm busy as hell and I hardly feel like I have time for anything anymore. I need to go get dinner now. I'll try to stop around here more often now.