PDA

View Full Version : Motivation =)

Adventure427
03-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey, i dont have any trouble getting motivated to do my MA..i'm just wondering what motivates everyone...i've always been curious. Especially people like SevenStar who seem to train so dilligently...what keeps you guys going? why do you train? (for either weight lifting/exercise or MA)

Vash
03-13-2007, 09:16 PM
People either get better daily, or worse. I can think of no worse a state than dying on a schedule.

Training, my training, makes me who I am. If it were possible, I'd be a "karate bum," content to do whatever to make my quota of training and lifting. And teh wimmenz, of course.

It makes me live. It helps me improve myself, get me better at getting better. It gives me fuel for scholastic study, for goofing off, and for the whole general process of living my life.

I train for the same reason I do any and every thing else - I can, and I want to.

There is no other motivation.

SevenStar
03-14-2007, 02:38 AM
the desire to continually improve myself. I've been working out so long now that it's habit. but I get on here and read blogs - especially GDA's - and watch guys I help to train win fights, and it fuels me to want to improve also. progress is a beautiful thing.

reaching a new pr feels good. knocking someone out feels good. throwing someone for an ippon feels good. chasing that feeling allows me to see the progress I have made.

Adventure427
03-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Awesome, both of your posts are mad inspiring...

I train because I LOVE the Arts...it looks so beautiful (to me) when the forms are done gracefully for example in kung fu...or a beautifully timed throw (ie. aikido)....and it feels so good to focus on perfecting your technique...and work...to find...you've made so much progress, and to realize you've conqured that technique or aspect and can now do it well....it's an unending challenge i have a passion for...to recognized you've worked on a peice here, and a peice here...and they come together, into a bigger chunk of the game....and now you work on bigger peices.

Anyone else?

PS: I know I have more reasons to do it...and you everyone else probably does too...so if you feel like returning to this thread to contribute, by all means.

And then, anytime you feel down or like you need a pick me up, you can return to this thread to remember why you train...

stricker
03-17-2007, 07:36 AM
because if i train hard and put my heart into it, sometimes i achieve something REAL.

AndrewS
03-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Love.

Andrew

Adventure427
03-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Stricker...what is it that you sometimes acheive?

stricker
03-19-2007, 06:02 PM
I dunno if i can find the words to say what i mean by the word 'real'. the thought was kinda sparked from a comment my thai boxing coach (one of the fighters from the mma club i train at, who understands the psychology of fighting more than anyone ive ever met) made one day when only 4 people showed up to training when theres a kickboxing club up the road that charges twice as much and has a room full of like 30 people at the exact same time as we're training. why does no-one come to train thai? cos this **** is REAL. there's no lies, no bull****, no false confidence and no getting away from hard training and being pushed out of your comfort zone. its not like most martial arts clubs which have this whole thing of improving your self-confidence by building illusions like belts and dead drills. proper training breaks down all that bull**** till you get back to something thats real.

im sounding like ive watched fight club one too many times so im gonna stop. "if you know no explaination is necessary if you dont no explanation is enough"