PDA

View Full Version : anyones master fight with blindfold?

yin lion
10-28-2001, 05:18 PM
I have heard and read that ninja's do a blindfolded fighting practious. Also I was thinking what system or CMA did the ninja school come from? because it seems inturnal from what i hear. their practice is very slow to produce skills. not sure that puts it in the inturnal class but just a thought.

you must unlearn what you have learned then and only then will you be wise and have knolage

Braden
10-28-2001, 06:27 PM
There's a few training practices I know which it would be helpfull to do with a blindfold, such as mobile rooting/yielding to a pushing force, but it seems awfully dramatic to use a blindfold when you can just keep your eyes pointed somewhere else. Some people do fighting drills where the bodies remain in contact while blindfolded (including many BJJ people); which can help in relying upon body sensitivity, and also on keeping your vision from distracting you which sometimes it can.

dedalus
10-29-2001, 05:12 AM
I've occasionally done some chi sau in the dark :)

joedoe
10-29-2001, 08:56 AM
My master fought with a blindfold once. He absolutely kicked its arse and it never insulted him again :D

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-29-2001, 10:15 PM
sometimes i close my eyes when doing certain drills at my school . . but i actually think it's kind of a crutch.

i'll be more impressed when i can clear my mind and feel what's going on with my eyes open.

where's my beer?

yungwun
10-30-2001, 12:13 AM
My uncle's sensei used to have him fight with a blindfold on. He usually got his ass kicked. But, sometimes he would do some ass kickin' of his own. If you know someone who knows how to train with the blindfold correctly it can give you some amazing benefits.

The only reason a warrior is alive is to fight, and the only reason a warrior fights is to win. Otherwise, why be a warrior? It is easier to count beads. -Miyamoto Musashi

Gluteus Maximus
10-30-2001, 04:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My uncle's sensei used to have him fight with a blindfold on. He usually got his ass kicked. But, sometimes he would do some ass kickin' of his own [/quote]

Yes, but don't forget that the average ass is a pretty big target. (On some people it's a humungous target, and "the larger the target, the slower it moves" - ancient Chinese saying). If you're blindfolded and keep kicking in the general direction of your opponent's ass, according to the laws of probability, some of your kicks are going to actually land on his ass. :D

Max

Yooby Yoody