PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Info on Tom Huang & GM Wei?

lapu_squared
03-16-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm trying to find any information about the relationship between Wu Tai Chi master, Tom Huang, and 8-Step Grandmaster Wei Hsiao-Tang. If you have any information at all, it would be much appreciated. Students in Mr. Huang's lineage will also be very appreciative of any information you can offer. A picture, video, and a little more info on Mr. Huang are now posted on the http://www.8-step.com home page. Many thanks to anyone who can help us.

Doug w
03-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Hello I am here to tell you that the video on the 8 Step home page is not that of Huang Tzengyu! It is that of a former student of his named Bob Bennet. He is not a representative of the Huang lineage, he has not even seen or studied with Mr. Huang in over 15 years. He completely changed the form! To me it appears more flowery with none of the internal aspects of wich Mr. Huang taught at all. There is to be made no comparison between Mr. Huang and Bob Bennet.

What I would like to know is who mistakenly told you that was a video of him? And
also where were those pictures taken from?

lapu_squared
03-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the info. We're trying to help someone in Mr. Huang's lineage gather more information. I'll send you an e-mail off-line so I can get you connected directly with that person.

RAF
03-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Is this the lineage of the Tom Huang, wu style, who was located on Pearl Road in Cleveland, Ohio?

It was reported in the news, many years ago, that he was struck by a car and killed maybe 5 or 6 years ago?