PDA

View Full Version : 3 sectional staff

Pk_StyLeZ
03-16-2007, 05:14 PM
this might be in the wrong section but i only post in this section so im going to ask it here
move if it if neccessary
thank you

i was wondering what are those *metal things* called that links the three sectional staff. i want to build my own 3 sectional staff, i have some extra broken white wax wood staff laying around, so i can build my own 3 sectional staff.
i just need to know where i can go of getting thos metal circular holding thing to clamp onto the staff, would home depot it? what would i call it?
thank you

Pk_StyLeZ
03-16-2007, 05:26 PM
yes those are exactlly wat i need
swivel
any hardware store should carry it?

Li Ma-Keh
03-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Or', you can also use the old' 60s' method of rope inbetween each section. Just drill a hole big enough for the rope to be threaded through on each staff-end. It works great,..we made a bunch of 3-sectionals like that in the old days. Plus, for beginners,.. they won't get their hands or fingers banged-up or pinched between the metal connectors at first. This will allow them to find handle-distance easier. Li Ma-Keh

Pk_StyLeZ
03-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Or', you can also use the old' 60s' method of rope inbetween each section. Just drill a hole big enough for the rope to be threaded through on each staff-end. It works great,..we made a bunch of 3-sectionals like that in the old days. Plus, for beginners,.. they won't get their hands or fingers banged-up or pinched between the metal connectors at first. This will allow them to find handle-distance easier. Li Ma-Keh

ewww no ty
im not a beginner
=(
ya i am...hahaha

LarryD
07-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Just my opinion, I would stay away from swivel joints. They can't be trusted. I had 2 come apart on me. One just 5 min before a tournament. Luckly I had a spare with me. You mentioned you had some broken wax wood sticks. What I did was bought a wax wood 3 section from an online store just for the chain and bracket joints then pop rivited them onto aluminum pipe. I had a friend turn a couple aluminum plugs for the ends that I apoxy into place. That way I can hit the ground without the pipe collapsing. The aluminum is fast because it is light and flashy in tournaments. It still hurts like heck if you mess up though. :D

Pk_StyLeZ
07-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Just my opinion, I would stay away from swivel joints. They can't be trusted. I had 2 come apart on me. One just 5 min before a tournament. Luckly I had a spare with me. You mentioned you had some broken wax wood sticks. What I did was bought a wax wood 3 section from an online store just for the chain and bracket joints then pop rivited them onto aluminum pipe. I had a friend turn a couple aluminum plugs for the ends that I apoxy into place. That way I can hit the ground without the pipe collapsing. The aluminum is fast because it is light and flashy in tournaments. It still hurts like heck if you mess up though. :D

those 3 sectional staff are expensive...30-40 bucks for a wood and some metal....that thing cost 1 dollar in china! im not paying 300-400% mark up!!!

LarryD
07-25-2007, 12:39 PM
30-40 bucks? well ya. I spent that just to take it apart for the joints. In total my aluminum staff cost me close to 90 bucks. But I feel it was worth every cent. It could be done for a lot cheaper if someone would mass produce them. But that won't be me:D