PDA

View Full Version : A reminder to stay civil and on topic

Sihing73
03-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Hello,

After reading through some of the latests posts I just wanted to remind everyone to try to keep things civil and on topic. All in all I have no complaints, FWIW, but I do not want to see this forum degenerate into something akin to some others out there.

Please keep in mind that each of us has our own views as to what makes our Wing Chun effective and applicable to our own needs and wants. While some may be training for the "hobby", some for "fighting" and some for "artistic" reasons, each person has a right to their own viewpoint. No one should feel obligated to adhere to anothers standards, unless they are directly comparing notes regarding specific concepts or techniques. Personal attacks have no place on this board nor is it proper to speak for others or try to "name drop" in an attempt to bolster ones own views. Each of us should be able to stand on our own two feet.

Several of the current threads have nice discussions going and I would like to see it stay that way. Please keep personal differences to a minimum and discuss the art not each other, although after reading some peoples posts I am sure there might be a lot of "personal" things to discuss ;) :p