PDA

View Full Version : Yin Lion, we must talk!!

MantisKungFu
10-31-2001, 10:58 PM
It's a small world after all. Well I live in South Burlington and I'm thinking about joining the Vermont Kung Fu Academy with Sifu Makaris. Do you study the praying mantis and the Bagua Zhang? Which do you prefer if you do study both? How long have you been studying? I have tons more questions, but I won't turn this forum into a conversation. Please reply here, post your e-mail, or e-mail me at BrettInVT@Hotmail.com. Please get in touch with me, thanks.

Brett

-----------------------------------------------------
"It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

yin lion
11-01-2001, 06:47 PM
vermont kung fu Academy is great for eather mantid or bagua they are both different in that one is exturnal the other inturnal. One of them is sure to work for you. my e-mail is ofotcmcp@yahoo.com write me with all your questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

I've done mantis 3 years then stoped and have been doing lion style bagua for a few years but now they are teaching the dragon so I will be learning that. The real master(s) from china come to our school to teach dragon for the first time in history americans are shown the dragon system. I am very pleased by He jin bao's skills he went across the US teaching different systems every where. Aurther Makaris went to china last winter to learn from the retiring DR. Xie (spelling?) but Jin bao is his chosen air to the style he is now the master. though he continues to learn the remaning styles from the Dr. There are 8 different animals and Aurther knows Phoenix, Dragon, and Lion. He never tought the Phoenix but now has stoped teaching the Lion all together. The DRagon system is better for everyone it doesn't rely on size at all. Lion may have a little bit I'm not sure on that.
That's why I stoped doing mantis Aurther is a master of mantis but he is jumping at the idea of learning and teaching Bagua. Which tells me there is something good in the bagua that mantis can't offer.

chat soon
later
Myles

you must unlearn what you have learned then and only then will you be wise and have knolage

MantisKungFu
11-02-2001, 12:01 AM
"You've got mail!" and a long one at that. Thanks for replying, hope to talk to you soon,

Brett

-----------------------------------------------------
"It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"