PDA

View Full Version : The spring summer fitness plans

bodhitree
03-20-2007, 08:07 AM
1 Riding a bike. To my one job, everywhere. I love to do it and pittsburgh is a city with a lot of hills

2. Learning to dance Salsa, bachata, merengue, all from these dvd's. Coordination can't hurt training!

3. Long walks with the wife, she wants to do this for exercise, no problem here, don't really see too much benefit ot this for myself on top of what I already do.

4. In May compete in the Kumite Classic grappling, Gi and No Gi.

5. Continue going to judo/grappling as often as now, continue all current fitness activities.

Chief Fox
03-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Here's mine:

1. Running: 3 days a week including one long run of at least 10 miles on Sundays. I've actually have been doing this for the past month. Start a running program with my son and daughter.

2. BJJ practice: Go to class at least twice a week. Get my Blue Belt by October. Compete in two grappling tournaments later in the summer. August and September.

3. Practice my kung fu forms at least twice a week. Hook up with friends at least twice a month to practice.

4. Conditioning: 2 conditioning workouts a week. Timed cirucuit type workouts.

5. Strength: 1 fullbody strength workout a week consisting of squats, deadlifts, cleans, and bench press.

Chief Fox
03-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Looks like bodhi and I are the only ones planning on training this summer. :eek:

bodhitree
03-23-2007, 05:20 AM
Did somebody say ultimate frisbee league!!! (http://www.pittsburgh-ultimate.org/)

bodhitree
03-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Tried out those dance dvd's, they are awesome. It's a cardio workout, they will help me improve my spanish because they are in both languages (one person says something in spanish, another repeats in engl) and they are filled with superhot women shaking it:cool: . I just gotta find some rythm, a real curse to my people (look at riverdance).

SevenStar
03-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Looks like bodhi and I are the only ones planning on training this summer. :eek:

Nah, it's just that the hardcore guys don't have to alter their schedule. :eek:

shortlee
03-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Enjoy the sun ladz and lasses

I just stick to the plan and enjoy the xtra energy the sun grants me.. and daylight... although not much chance of it here in the UK:( ha!

oh and practise more chi kung, Im not a fantastically experienced person but chi kung complements ANY exercise, martial art or not, if you can try and find out about it cause its easy as pie for beginners and literaly takes up only 5 minuites of the day, normally after sum training. Chi kung works best in the sunshine so take advantage of it!!!

bonthan
03-27-2007, 05:14 PM
this summer my plan is to train as much as i can, and get defined muscles to show off in beaches. hahaha:D

bodhitree
04-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Update:

I bought my bike and have been riding everywhere. I love riding to my one job, it's uphill and a great workout.

I'm playing tennis with some non-martial artist friends too, nothing serious, just hitting the ball back and forth. The latin dance thing has been going a little more slowly.

Gotta be in killer shape for

www.kumiteclassic.com

MasterKiller
04-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Nah, it's just that the hardcore guys don't have to alter their schedule. :eek:

dayum :eek:

Black Jack II
04-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Physical wise no....but I am doing a lot more gardening this spring and summer. Going to be adding the ying to the yang with some landscaping.

Just added 3 kinds of Sunflowers to the side of the house, see if my brown thumb kills them all.:rolleyes:

stricker
04-30-2007, 04:02 PM
this summer my plan is to train as much as i can, and get defined muscles to show off in beaches. hahaha:Dyeah my plan is kinda like that, only almost the opposite : in the gym every night and getting early nights therefore not seeing any beatches to impress with rippedness hahaha

and yup the hardcore train all year round ;)