PDA

View Full Version : MMA threads

SevenStar
03-20-2007, 11:09 AM
should we move them to the JKD or MMA forums, or should they stay here?

PangQuan
03-20-2007, 11:11 AM
i say leave it here. a lot of people interested in MMA may or may not visit the JKD section

or rename it

JKD/MMA

or start MMA section

but in the kungfu section it usually does stimulate a lot of conversation.

Chief Fox
03-20-2007, 11:15 AM
yeah, I say leave it. I believe that the natural evolution of kung fu really is MMA anyway.

SevenStar
03-20-2007, 11:18 AM
I know they're not gonna start an mma section right now. that's why I don't have it as an option. I actually like having them here, but I think we may be able to drive more traffic to one of the other two forums this way, as they get considerably less.

Royal Dragon
03-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally the other forums were created to unjamb this one. If it's not jambed, there is no need for a new forum, so leave them here.

Vash
03-20-2007, 01:13 PM
If we rename it the JKD/MMA Forum, we would have a very cool place to discuss both the Way of the Intercepting Fist, the specific martial formulation of Bruce Lee, the concepts he espoused/is given credit for, and the natural evolution of those concepts into MMA, then . . .

we'd have the most killer run-on sentence EVAR.

PangQuan
03-20-2007, 01:30 PM
If we rename it the JKD/MMA Forum, we would have a very cool place to discuss both the Way of the Intercepting Fist, the specific martial formulation of Bruce Lee, the concepts he espoused/is given credit for, and the natural evolution of those concepts into MMA, then . . .

we'd have the most killer run-on sentence EVAR.

thats what i was thinking!

neilhytholt
03-20-2007, 01:32 PM
How about just disallow any discussion of MMA on the forum? That would be easy.

And while we're at it, require everybody to go through a character training course and buy a Kung Fu Magazine Forum uniform, pay up and join the association, and be ranked on grammar, spelling and online etiquette ... pay testing fees ... require a certain number of seminars and forum hours a year, community service, private lessons in posting with a moderator ... etc.

LOL

PangQuan
03-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I Call Big Brother!!!

David Jamieson
03-20-2007, 05:28 PM
nothing wrong with mma threads, leave em. just get rid of the obvious trolling and so on.

Oso
03-20-2007, 05:37 PM
I'd say leave it, too but...combine all of them into one thread and let it roll like the TTTGQG...just combine in any new ones that start...and tell the newbies to start at the top of the thread :D

There's not been a 'new' thread in years...just rehashing the same ol' stuff.

SevenStar
03-20-2007, 08:44 PM
How about just disallow any discussion of MMA on the forum? That would be easy.

And while we're at it, require everybody to go through a character training course and buy a Kung Fu Magazine Forum uniform, pay up and join the association, and be ranked on grammar, spelling and online etiquette ... pay testing fees ... require a certain number of seminars and forum hours a year, community service, private lessons in posting with a moderator ... etc.

LOL

that's actually not a bad idea...

GeneChing
03-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Honestly, we'd be happy if every member just got a subscription (http://www.martialartsmart.net/19341.html). Then we could afford plenty of forums. The forum is somewhat of a lost leader - it costs the company to maintain it. However, the traffic and advertising potential are considerable, which is why I'm frequently plugging stuff like above.

We are considering an MMA forum, perhaps as an evolution to the JKD forum. It's a big undertaking because we'd want to move all the old threads about MMA to that forum, and certainly get more moderation there. Unfortunately, moving old threads is a hassle because it requires some archive work. But the JKD forum is a fossil from KFO and gets such scant traffic, so we are considering it. Right now, we're pretty bogged down with our 15th Anniversary Party (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=745355) plans, so we haven't been able to give this issue proper attention.

MasterKiller
03-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Make me a MOD!

Fu-Pow
03-21-2007, 09:56 AM
I think that posts that are BLATANTLY mma should go to a mma forum.

Oso
03-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Make me a MOD!

me too! I'm sort waiting for BTL to retire though....

neilhytholt
03-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Honestly, we'd be happy if every member just got a subscription (http://www.martialartsmart.net/19341.html). Then we could afford plenty of forums.

It still seems like the entire magazine idea is just too OLD. Why not move to a documentary DVD format, and then you can branch out with a T.V. show on some cable channel, as well?

You could do video editorials (you definitely have the look for it) and instead of putting forward articles with pictures, you could do video documentary, show videos of China, have masters put videos out of their techniques, forms and stuff like that.

Then if people want more of a particular thing, like gear or vids, you can of course offer it on Martialartsmart.net.

Because honestly, magazines just collect dust and who reads anymore anyway?

Here's one for BMX bikes: http://www.diversionvm.com/zlatest.htm

Oso
03-21-2007, 07:35 PM
just buy the rag, dude. Subs are cheap and you are certainly using plenty of bandwidth. plus, you get the shirt. :D

Vash
03-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Honestly, we'd be happy if every member just got a subscription (http://www.martialartsmart.net/19341.html). Then we could afford plenty of forums. The forum is somewhat of a lost leader - it costs the company to maintain it. However, the traffic and advertising potential are considerable, which is why I'm frequently plugging stuff like above.

We are considering an MMA forum, perhaps as an evolution to the JKD forum. It's a big undertaking because we'd want to move all the old threads about MMA to that forum, and certainly get more moderation there. Unfortunately, moving old threads is a hassle because it requires some archive work. But the JKD forum is a fossil from KFO and gets such scant traffic, so we are considering it. Right now, we're pretty bogged down with our 15th Anniversary Party (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=745355) plans, so we haven't been able to give this issue proper attention.

*rubs hands together*

It's all going according to plan . . .

unkokusai
03-21-2007, 08:54 PM
and who reads anymore anyway?

What did you say?!

neilhytholt
03-21-2007, 09:39 PM
just buy the rag, dude. Subs are cheap and you are certainly using plenty of bandwidth. plus, you get the shirt. :D

I'm not putting down the magazine. I have bought the magazine.

Oh, well.

GeneChing
03-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Print publishing is almost obsolete. It's a very difficult market now and magazines are going belly-up left and right, especially niche mags like martial arts magazines. The only mags that are doing well now are health, celebrity, men's & women's and electronics. That's why we're all here. We moving towards web publishing. ;)

DVD documentary format doesn't look viable at this time for martial arts. There have been previous attempts in video, with little success obviously since they aren't still in business. There are several martial arts TV entities trying to capture a cable network or the web. None have succeeded yet, but some still look promising. We've reported on some of them in our news section over the last few years. Obviously, we produce instructional DVDs, but DVD mags just don't seem viable yet.

So why do we persist in print publishing? That's a fair question. Personally, I still practice with swords. It's kind of the same thing. There's a tradition that we uphold. If you support tradition, subscribe.

Oso
03-22-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm not putting down the magazine. I have bought the magazine.

Oh, well.

I meant as a subscription...I didn't think you were putting it down and I agree with your point...obviously Gene does too. timing.

i'm curious, Gene, do you make more money via subs or via distribution through wholesalers? or, I bet all the actual profit is from advertising.

PangQuan
03-22-2007, 03:04 PM
all the real profit comes in the form of Nacho Cheese and Crotche(tm) kicks.

SanHeChuan
03-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Whats wrong with buying a copy every two months, do subscriptions help sell advertising.

I do want the shirt. I just don't like my magazines being man handled by overweight disgruntled postal carriers. My mail box isn't that big, and you know how they like to stuff my box. :eek: ;) :D And there is something therapeutic about my monthly visits to barns and nobles.

Ummm... Barns and Nobles... I think I'll go there tomorrow. Yea! :D

GeneChing
03-23-2007, 12:09 PM
...just support us! ;)

As for which makes more money, subs or newsstand, that depends on the issue. If an issue sells really well, that does better. Subscription is a better deal for you, but sometimes you have to wait for delivery, unfortunately. It's all about patience, I suppose. We actually lose money on our subscription price, but it's lost leader in the publishing industry since more subscribers means more outside ads. Fortunately, we don't have to rely on outside ads.

You can get the shirt separately (http://www.martialartsmart.net/95-036w.html) too, along with other gear (http://www.martialartsmart.net/95w-036k). That's also support.

MasterKiller
03-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod

SanHeChuan
03-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah but what can you do about them stuff'in my box! :D

Oso
03-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod Make me a Mod

SanHeChuan
03-24-2007, 05:35 PM
That was wrong. So very, very WRONG! :mad:

Thats it your BANNED! :eek:

:D

Oso
03-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Why?

c'mon, everyone knows me...you know you love the avatar...what's MK got that I don't got???? a mean face from an actor in his favorite movie? ;)

but, seriously, I don't want the mma forum...i'll bide my time till BTL decides he's done.

nevertheless:

Oso FOR NPM MOD

;)

unkokusai
03-26-2007, 06:19 PM
That was wrong. So very, very WRONG! :mad:

Thats it your BANNED! :eek:

*ahem* "you're" :rolleyes:

Now, that's moderating!

bodhitree
03-27-2007, 09:21 AM

I am a mod, I am a mod, I am a mod:cool:

laugarkuen
03-27-2007, 12:25 PM
We are the mods, we are the mods, we are the we are the we are the mods!

Oh, no wait a minute. I'm not :(

specialed
03-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Please make an mma section so the mma trolls can have a home.

Oso
03-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Please make an mma section so the mma trolls can have a home.

huh, check that hook more closely. ;)

Samurai Jack
03-27-2007, 09:12 PM
You want a new forum? How about actually using the ones we already have? Several of our forums get so little play due to the slop-chute we know as the "General Forum" being misused as a catch all.

For example, a couple of years back we had a nice video sticky chock-full of street fights in... duhhhhh... the Street-Fighting/Reality Forum. For awhile it was one of the few places you could find such material organized on the web.

Back in those days, if you Googled Self-Defense or Street-Fight Video, you'd pull up our bright cheery little Self-defense library.

Strangely, hardly anyone here showed any interest... until You-tube came along. Now all you schmucks post your street fight and self-defense videos (suddenly everyone has an intrest in such videos) here in the General Forum.

Meanwhile our nicely moderated, and beautifully organized Street/Reality Forum languishes, and the video sticky is no more.

Who would have thought that kung fu practitioners had so little interest in Street fighting and Reality?

SanHeChuan
03-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Oh well, Now your :p both going to HELL. Large annoying colored texts is forbidden by GOD. Any MOD should know that. :eek:

Meat Shake
03-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer Make me a beer

Oso
03-28-2007, 04:33 AM
Make me a bear Make me a bear Make me a bear Make me a bear Make me a bear
Make me a bear Make me a bear Make me a bear Make me a bear Make me a bear.......

Vash
03-28-2007, 05:51 AM
You want a new forum? How about actually using the ones we already have? Several of our forums get so little play due to the slop-chute we know as the "General Forum" being misused as a catch all.

I tend to agree. The JKD section gets the most play from some guy who keeps reposting the exact same quote about a picture of the Bruce Lee he loves . . .

Fen
03-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Brother Gene...

I hope you and the Peeps of power at TC Media give the homeless a shelter. look at it as a charity event. Going onto the main forum here is like going to Chinatown Portland. You see people ****ing in doorways, sleeping in them as well. It's time that the MMA folks get their own shelter, so they can eat, sleep and have a place to pee...and leave the rest of the CMAists alone....

:D ~Jason

Samurai Jack
03-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Hey Gene,

I wonder if we can somehow organize a "meeting" or something with Gene and the other mods and figure out how to clean things up a little. If the mods would start directing people to post in the proper forums, I'll bet our other forums would be getting a little more attention, and things would be better organized.

Such a move would actually justify opening up new forums, or renaming old ones that aren't used. It would clean up the general forum too so that people could more easily find thier political debates, religious discussions, and Royal Dragon's dating archive.

bodhitree
03-29-2007, 07:16 AM
I think every thread that turns into the arguement "TMA v CMA" or "what is better tradition or sport" should be eliminated and the threadstarter shot.

CaptinPickAxe
03-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Gene. Seven

There needs to be a MMA forum and you should make me the MOD. I'm free through-out the day to browse the net and I'm am avid fan of MMA. I have an outstanding rep here on KFO. Gene, you know you want me to do this. YOU NEED ME, GENIE!!!:D

Seriously though, hook it up. I'll be a great mod. Nothing like CPA the poster.

Vajramusti
03-31-2007, 08:02 AM
I see no problem- a good outlet for those interested. But then there is this general forum where mma threads can take place.

The key is the quality of the moderation in any forum. More often than not some forums are already forums for lost mma folks and there is very little substantual conversation about the topics directly related to the title of the forums.

joy chaudhuri

Royal Dragon
04-01-2007, 02:43 PM
More often than not some forums are already forums for lost mma folks and there is very little substantual conversation about the topics directly related to the title of the forums.

Reply]
Good point, if we make a seperate MMA forum, those other forms will have no traffic at all.

SevenStar
04-06-2007, 05:30 PM
I think every thread that turns into the arguement "TMA v CMA" or "what is better tradition or sport" should be eliminated and the threadstarter shot.

or banished to trollfu.

Vash
04-06-2007, 07:08 PM
If there was more open discussion regarding training methods - forms, impact (bags, focus pads) two-man drills, sparring with various levels of intensity, that sort of thing (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33751), we could have a good base to work from with regards to the sharing of training information.

^ Best run-on sentence EVAR ^

Mega-Foot
04-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Why would you give MMA a thread all to itself? After all, it's nothing more than kung-fu mixed with Shaolin ninjitsu.

Albeit, done poorly, with little technique, and no knowledge of pressure point striking and che ma.

unkokusai
04-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Gosh, that's hilarious.

Mega-Foot
04-21-2007, 10:52 AM
I don't think it's funny. They misrepresent martial arts as mere thuggery. It's rather uncivilized. Most uncouth, indeed.

I think it's funny in the way I would laugh at their antics, much as I laugh when a monkey tosses its feces at a spectator in the zoo, but I'm laughing at the spectacle of it all. It isn't funny, and it shouldn't be encouraged by our laughter.

BTW, Unkokusai....do you know me? I know an Unkokusai. I met him at GM Kim's ninjitsu camp in Orlando about three years back or so. Are you one and the same? PM me if you are. I like to keep in touch with my training brothers.

unkokusai
04-21-2007, 11:12 AM
I don't think it's funny. They misrepresent martial arts as mere thuggery. It's rather uncivilized. Most uncouth, indeed.

Oh, I see. You're an idiot. Got it.

unkokusai
04-21-2007, 11:13 AM
BTW, Unkokusai....do you know me? .

Fortunately no.

Mega-Foot
04-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Why the angst? I'll send you an invitation to my school, if you simply PM me your address. I've never met anyone who has enrolled in my Shaolin ninjitsu program that has ever complained. I only ask that you bow to me before and after every session, and call me Grandmaster Sensei.

And pay the fees, of course. I have a school to pay for, after all.

Mega-Foot
04-21-2007, 11:20 AM
If you would persist in libeling me as an idiot, I should be forced to contact the board administrators and have you excised from this most public of forums.

I accept challenges, so long as it's done in a civilized manner.

Furthermore, provide me proof that MMA is more than thuggery, rolling around like drunken brutes on the ground, and I shall retract my statement.

Show me how civilized and cultivated MMA is, and I shall join you in lauding it as something fine.

unkokusai
04-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Eh, I appreciate the effort, but you fail at trolling. You really should have taken your time and built up to this level of foolishness; get some people to take you seriously first. You jumped to the punchline too quickly.

Mega-Foot
04-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I have PM'd Gene Ching.

I furnished examples of you calling me names.

I await your banishment any minute now.

unkokusai
04-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, that's great.

Did you flunk out of troll school or something?

Mega-Foot
04-21-2007, 11:34 AM
I graduated from Oxford with an M.A. in sports medicine, I'll have you know. Where did you graduate from, the University of Phoenix, or perhaps Devry?

Or maybe you're the one who flunked out of troll school?

unkokusai
04-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Where did you graduate from, the University of Phoenix, or perhaps Devry?

Careful troll, you're starting to give yourself away (even more).

Mega-Foot
04-21-2007, 11:42 AM
What does Ukokusai mean, anyways? I am not familiar with that dialect. Is it Cantonese?:confused:

Mega-Foot
04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
I know what it means in Japanese. That should let you know how worldly I am.

Kung Pao
04-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Take it easy Mega-Foot. Unkokusais just a troll, man. He's ****ed of that he has some competition on here. Personally, I wish you'd both just rot in hell.lol.

Kung Pao
04-21-2007, 12:07 PM
I voted MMA Forum. I don't mind the occasinal bickering. After all, I do some MMA. But for all the MMA-related posts, there should be a subdibizon. Ity'll keep things from gett as messy as they do when you want a real answer to a kung fu question.

Mega-Foot
04-21-2007, 12:14 PM
I think I may have inadvertantly rubbed some of you the wrong way. Let me explain myself, so that you may see we are Martial Arts kin:

When hapless drunkards get ****ed and start a brawl, they roll around on the ground and fight sloppily. I've seen this in many a pub, my boys. Many's the pub I have seen this in, too many times to count.

When I see MMA fighters fight, I simply see them rolling around on the ground like mere brawlers engaged in unskilled thuggery.

Am I wrong? I've seen it and experienced this firsthand. Tell me I'm wrong.

unkokusai
04-21-2007, 12:22 PM
You would just be an idiot who doesn't know what he's looking at...

...if you really thought that, but you don't. You are just trolling, and doing a **** poor job of it.

Yao Sing
04-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Mega-Fist, now Mega-Foot. What's next, Mega-Weenie?

Mega-Foot
04-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Let's try to keep this civilized, and on topic, as well.

When I was but a lad, and my sensei was teaching me seventh sense training, his reverend grandmaster sensei taught me to strip away all excess sense-blockages. I recommend we do the same here.

How, indeed, shall we sequester these MMA threads, when they obviously have no place on a kung fu forum, being such as MMA represents mere thuggery and poor fighting techniques?

unkokusai
04-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Give it up man, your act just isn't catching on.:rolleyes:

Mega-Foot
04-22-2007, 11:19 AM
I have a theory concerning the origins of MMA in Wing Chun. PM me if you have any interest in the matter. It might just shed some light on where we ought to transport the MMA threads.

Yao Sing
04-22-2007, 07:22 PM
What does your mate Andy think about it?

bodhitree
04-23-2007, 02:13 PM
...if you really thought that, but you don't. You are just trolling, and doing a **** poor job of it.

You should refer to Mega as grandmaster sensei, a title handed to him by granmaster sensi Andy as well as john takeshi, for bravery and spirituality.

The tiger jumps while still- ancient saying.

Meat Shake
04-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Megafoot is either one of the funniest or one of the dumbest people to ever frequent this forum.
Either way, makes me laugh.

msg
04-28-2007, 04:24 AM
Show me how civilized and cultivated MMA is, and I shall join you in lauding it as something fine.[/QUOTE]

look i dont realy like mma but .i have never in my life heard of civilized and cultivated fighting ..i think maybe i might be wrong but you never been in a fight .watched them and thought what you would do but never realy haveing to do it ....or you have just walked away from all fights because you dont want to hurt anybody

Mega-Foot
04-28-2007, 05:16 AM
When I fight, grace and cultivation are of paramount importance, and these two bastions of fortitude have been my saving graces in nearly every encounter. Consequently, I do not work out much anymore. I primarily work on being graceful.

Mega-Foot
04-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Muscles tend to get in the way of martial knowledge and execution. All fighting techniques should be performed without any effort whatsoever, short of lifting an appendage or stepping.

golden arhat
04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Muscles tend to get in the way of martial knowledge and execution. All fighting techniques should be performed without any effort whatsoever, short of lifting an appendage or stepping.

u are THE stupidest person in the entire world

try that in the ufc

go just try

see how far it gets u :rolleyes:

Mega-Foot
04-30-2007, 07:45 PM
I have no need to. I could kill any one of them in their sleep. Part of ninjitsu is knowing when to strike, how to strike, and where to strike.

I could see them coming a mile away. Were I but four feet in front of them, I could disappear. And should they give chase, caltrops would make short work of them.

Ninjitsu does work in full-contact matches. Ashida Kim defeated the South African champion years ago.

Check.
Mate.

Your move.

msg
04-30-2007, 09:55 PM
to many video games buddy

golden arhat
05-01-2007, 05:11 AM
I have no need to. I could kill any one of them in their sleep. Part of ninjitsu is knowing when to strike, how to strike, and where to strike.

I could see them coming a mile away. Were I but four feet in front of them, I could disappear. And should they give chase, caltrops would make short work of them.

Ninjitsu does work in full-contact matches. Ashida Kim defeated the South African champion years ago.

Check.
Mate.

Your move.

ive seen it

that was a kick boxing match and it was far from brutal hahah

u can dissapear ?
wow
why dont u do it then
??
prove it ya know

i could kill a full contact fighter in his sleep so could anyone thats nothing special

fyi u cant bring caltrops into the octagon

if u can do all this then why dont u ?

oh yeah wait ur too deadly lol my mistake :rolleyes:

Mega-Foot
05-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Ninjas aren't quite that daft, that they would hen themselves into a caged-in octagon.

golden arhat
05-01-2007, 01:59 PM
well they would if they wanted to prove they could fight

but evidently your definition of "ninja" cant fight

anyway i look forward to the occult guards that are gonna get me

be prepared to pick up a few ninja body bags LOL :cool:

SevenStar
05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
don't feed the troll...

golden arhat
05-01-2007, 02:03 PM
sorry its just too tempting

*bows 9 times*

sorry :D

Mr Punch
05-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Check.
Mate.

Your move.
**** this guy's funny sometimes! :D

Can't believe how many of you indulge him in serious banter... Unko, you of all people shouldn't be lead! :p

GeneChing
05-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Have fun here everyone. ;)