PDA

View Full Version : completely OT but....

TenTigers
03-20-2007, 05:55 PM
since we're "buds",and I value many of your opinions..
ok, here's the scoop. I just won a bid on e-bay, for this sweet EVH Phase Shifter. Ok, so I win the bid, only to find out the guy doesnt want paypal, but a money order or cashiers check. Once he gets said check, he will ship out the order.
I don't like this, he's in Michigan.
So I e-mail him for his address, which he sends-immediately, then I tell him I have friends near him and they will drop off the check personally and inspect the item as well. No response.
So, if I refuse to buy it, I get a bad report on ebay and my rating drops, no biggie. If he sez ok....um, anyone here live in Michigan?

TenTigers
03-20-2007, 05:57 PM
oh yeah, this is his only item, and he is newly registered.
I smell a rat-(not a ProCo Ratt, either)

David Jamieson
03-20-2007, 06:01 PM
why would you get a bad rating as a buyer?

i thought that applied to ne'er do well sellers? and not so much to people who back out on deals that smell a little rotten.

ah well, may you find your pedal. :)

MasterKiller
03-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Don't buy it. I always use either Paypal or my credit card for buyer protection, and since I've been ripped off a couple of times it proved to be a good plan. Never send cash, imo.

If he gives you a bad rating, give him one too. Most legit sellers would rather have a "mutual" backout than negative feedback.

BruceSteveRoy
03-20-2007, 06:39 PM
did he specifically say up front that there was no paypal? if not than you can contest a bad rating to ebay and say that he changed the terms of the sale.