PDA

View Full Version : rooibos

Oso
03-20-2007, 08:07 PM
anyone partaking of this bush?

randomly met an older dude in the store while looking at it...he expounded upon his use of it and what it did for him...he was fully gray haired and easily mid 50's yet hale, hearty and fit...so, I bought some and am drinking a cup of it most every night...one of the benefits he gave it was that it helped him sleep sounder ... something of an issue for me.

Su Lin
03-21-2007, 04:29 AM
Rooibos is great,and naturally caffeine free so good to drink before bed.I just have teabags at the moment,but need to get my hands of some leaves.:)

Oso
03-21-2007, 04:34 AM
the hippy food store here in town has it bulk, just the leaves. Pretty cheap.

All the teabags I saw were weird ass combinations. I've been doing it plain...and plain it is. But, I think I'm going to get some chamomile to use with it.

Su Lin
03-21-2007, 04:35 AM
I just ordered some online ,some organic Rooibos.I'm having real trouble sleeping at the moment so going to try it out to see if it helps.

Oso
03-21-2007, 05:01 AM
everything I saw online was expensive...I think it was about 12.99 a pound at the hippy store. I just poured some in a bag and it turned out to be less than 2oz at the register and less than a dollar and it's lasted for over a week now.

i'm sure you have hippies in the UK :D must be a store somewhere for them to congregate and sell their homemade crafts on the front walk.

phoenixrising
03-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I have had sleep issues for many years, tried many things (except western drugs/chemicals- I don't like those). One of the best things I've found, which is very cheap, is a chinese patent herbal formula called shui de an. A 10-20 day supply should cost approximately 3$ in Chinatowns all over. It is non-addictive, healthy, and does not leave you feeling hung over. It doesn't hit you over the head like a hammer and knock you out, but I consider it a gift from above. It can be ordered online- will be more expensive but still affordable.

Becca
03-26-2007, 09:52 AM
I have had sleep issues for many years, tried many things (except western drugs/chemicals- I don't like those). One of the best things I've found, which is very cheap, is a chinese patent herbal formula called shui de an. A 10-20 day supply should cost approximately 3$ in Chinatowns all over. It is non-addictive, healthy, and does not leave you feeling hung over. It doesn't hit you over the head like a hammer and knock you out, but I consider it a gift from above. It can be ordered online- will be more expensive but still affordable.

Or at Wild Oats. I found it in thier herbal remedies section. I didn't like it much, as I have to get up ungodly early in the morning, and it left me groggy for a few hours. But it does, indeed, drift you off to sleep rather than drop-kicking you there.