PDA

View Full Version : New Kimbo fights

Hieronim
03-05-2006, 06:44 PM
http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=media.play&vchrMediaProgramIDCryp=1DB7BAAE-55B9-4D9F-8761-2&flagNoCode=1

Shaolinlueb
03-05-2006, 10:21 PM
i still like the http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=media.play&vchrMediaProgramIDCryp=23A85331-CB60-499A-A21C-A&action=1 from boston. shows ya how tought those boston s.o.b's are. oh yeah mma events are now banned in boston :-D

SimonM
03-06-2006, 04:53 AM
Kimbo certainly has a mean uppercut on him. Aside from Boxing what is his background?

IronFist
03-10-2006, 11:10 PM
http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=media.play&vchrMediaProgramIDCryp=1DB7BAAE-55B9-4D9F-8761-2&flagNoCode=1

Vid didn't play for me.

Matrix
03-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Vid didn't play for me.
You can also find it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2AD6kgpcD0&search=kimbo) as well as the Boston fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejL8RIgdM7o&search=kimbo).
I hope this works for you....

Yung Apprentice
03-11-2006, 01:42 PM
I've been wondering, whats the "305" stand for?

Matrix
03-11-2006, 02:45 PM
I've been wondering, whats the "305" stand for?I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I heard it's the area code where Kimbo is from. In other words, South-East Florida (Dade county).

SifuAbel
03-11-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm from the"305". thats miami-dade.

SevenStar
03-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Kimbo certainly has a mean uppercut on him. Aside from Boxing what is his background?

I thought I read somewhere that he had no training at all - his "boxing" is self taught.

"5. Are you in training right now to polish your boxing skills and if so how is that going?

I recently started training at a local gym here in Miami. I’m working on my conditioning and defense. I feel I done created a great offense from my days in the pen. That was Education 101. "

"11. How long will it take you after turning pro to become a good slugger-boxer and become a championship level fighter?

I have a lot of respect for the game. I know many of these fighters have been putting in their work for years. But they ain’t never been in the pen as long as I have. I have skills you can’t learn on the outside. I feel I’ll be ready for anyone within ten fights."

Yung Apprentice
03-13-2006, 06:32 PM
So he IS considering professional boxing? Interesting.

Hieronim
03-13-2006, 09:34 PM
I thought I read somewhere that he had no training at all - his "boxing" is self taught.

"5. Are you in training right now to polish your boxing skills and if so how is that going?

I recently started training at a local gym here in Miami. I’m working on my conditioning and defense. I feel I done created a great offense from my days in the pen. That was Education 101. "

"11. How long will it take you after turning pro to become a good slugger-boxer and become a championship level fighter?

I have a lot of respect for the game. I know many of these fighters have been putting in their work for years. But they ain’t never been in the pen as long as I have. I have skills you can’t learn on the outside. I feel I’ll be ready for anyone within ten fights."

that interview was said to be fake. he was never in jail.

Ray Pina
03-14-2006, 07:01 AM
I lost respect for that dude. As soon as he lost position, as soon as he was in trouble, his boys come bail him out and break it up. Then they fight again? That's crazy. I would have taken the money and left.

He seems all legit fighting smaller guys. One guy his size not only can't he finish but his boys bail him out.... terrible. No honor.

SevenStar
03-14-2006, 12:05 PM
it was a rules issue. The rules of that fight were to be no kicks and no submissions. They jumped in when gannon applied a choke...

Yung Apprentice
03-14-2006, 06:26 PM
If he trained himself to go the distance, he could probably do some damage, he looks like he has the same problem Tyson had. To used to KO'ing ppl early on, that when it goes on longer than they are used to, they get pooped and stop.

Ford Prefect
03-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Yes, unfortunately they didn't jump in when kimbo went for the single-leg, which then prompted Gannon to choke.

Ray Pina
03-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Truth of the matter is, from what I saw, the Boston dude was a better fighter than him ... more well rounded.

I know some big guys that always seam to challenge guys smaller/much older than themselves, but when the oportunity to play with someone equally imposing comes along ... they make quick friends. Get real buddy buddy.

SevenStar
03-15-2006, 10:29 AM
I don't disagree. that had nothing to do with why they jumped in though. As for the single leg, that was legal. Their rules were no kicks and no submissions. If the single woulda worked, kimbo likely woulda just kicked and stomped gannon.

Yung Apprentice
03-16-2006, 01:42 AM
I'm guessing that knees were also not allowed, as they jumped in when he knee'd Kimbo. Were elbows allowed? I think he might do better if he trained for better stamina.

SevenStar
03-16-2006, 11:09 AM
knees were allowed. My thought there is that his camp was considering a knee as a kick and didn't think to differentiate when they set the rules. since they counted the knee as a kick, they jumped in.

Ray Pina
03-17-2006, 10:49 AM
That whole thing just looked unprofessional. If you're going to fight, fight. If you're going to break it up then break it up and walk away. But to keep stopping the action everytime a spectator had beef .... that's rediculous.

And who wants to see just boxing today, and from them? We want to see it all. Let the fight unfold.

Ford Prefect
03-17-2006, 11:09 AM
It was unprofessional. I don't recall takedowns being allowed in the rules as it was supposed to be just street boxing, but I could be wrong. It was a tough situation. Nobody knew what to expect from the other person's crew.

Ford Prefect
03-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Official rules...

No rule against takedowns...

No rule against submissions...

Sorry, SevenStar. You are right about Kimbo being correct going for a single leg (Although ground fighting is clearly against the rules and you are to back up and let person back to their feet if they do go the ground.. you think Kimbo would do that since he didn't in other parts of this fight????), but Gannon's guillotine was 100% legal as well. You are wrong about that. Knees were completely too.

SevenStar
03-17-2006, 12:49 PM
yeah, I mentioned that. knees were allowed. kicks were not. My guess is his camp counted a knee as a kick. and yes, the guillotine was legal as well. My guess here is that when they said "no groundwork", they assumed that submissions could only be done on the ground and forgot about stand up submissions.

SevenStar
03-17-2006, 12:51 PM
That whole thing just looked unprofessional. If you're going to fight, fight. If you're going to break it up then break it up and walk away. But to keep stopping the action everytime a spectator had beef .... that's rediculous.

And who wants to see just boxing today, and from them? We want to see it all. Let the fight unfold.

who wants to see just boxing? have you seen the purses boxing gets at the highest levels? apparently a lot of people wanna see it. I agree that fights of this nature are unprofessional though.

Ford Prefect
03-17-2006, 01:38 PM
yeah, I mentioned that. knees were allowed. kicks were not. My guess is his camp counted a knee as a kick. and yes, the guillotine was legal as well. My guess here is that when they said "no groundwork", they assumed that submissions could only be done on the ground and forgot about stand up submissions.

My guess is that only their guys get ****ed when Kimbo was getting beat on by anything not punching. I didn't see them jump in to break it up when Kimbo was dropping bombs on top of Gannon ON THE GROUND... Don't know why you have such a hard time believing these guys were punks. I know and trained with a few of the people with Gannon.

BTW, groundfighting was defined as "no groundfighting, groundfighting is defined as continuing to make contact with a fighter after he is downed. A fighter will attempt to give his opponent about 15 feet until he gets to his feet" verbatim on the rules sheet signed by Kimbo. They didn't assume anything, but that their boy was getting beat.

Ray Pina
03-17-2006, 04:02 PM
who wants to see just boxing? have you seen the purses boxing gets at the highest levels? apparently a lot of people wanna see it. I agree that fights of this nature are unprofessional though.

Oh, I agree. I love boxing. And I watch and learn even from this video. But there wasn't really that much there other than two big guys throwing their weight around. The Boston dude exhibited more skill to me, more control in the clinch, etc.

Maybe I should watch it a few more times.

IronFist
12-01-2006, 10:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh_8droTClo

The punch at 5:45 is huge.

Props to the second guy for taking tons of punishment and keeping on getting back up.

You can see he's dazed at the end and can't walk straight.

Kimbo @ wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimbo_Slice)

Personal Information

Kimbo's real name is Kevin Ferguson. He is the cousin of US Olympic Judoka Rhadi Ferguson [1]. He is approximately 6'2" tall, and weighs 245 lbs. Kimbo is always shown with a full beard and a clean-shaven head. Kimbo is a college graduate who works as a bodyguard for In the VIP and MILF Hunter productions. Declared by Rolling Stone as "The King of the Web Brawlers"[2]

There's a lot more info at wiki.

bodhitree
12-01-2006, 11:41 AM
I wonder if he's related to Conan?

anyone know?:confused:

Ray Pina
12-01-2006, 11:51 AM
His fight spirit was much too large for both of those men... he could probably have fought them both at the same time.

I had respect for Kimo until I saw a fighter handle him and his men jumped in and made a big fuss about rules and kept stopping the fight everytime he got into trouble.

IronFist
12-01-2006, 11:57 AM
His fight spirit was much too large for both of those men... he could probably have fought them both at the same time.

I had respect for Kimo until I saw a fighter handle him and his men jumped in and made a big fuss about rules and kept stopping the fight everytime he got into trouble.

That was in his fight against Gannon.

brothernumber9
12-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Actually those clips are not that new, that happened several months ago at least.

hjt
12-01-2006, 01:23 PM
the kimbo vs gannon fight

gannon got beat up pretty bad at the end of the fight he looked like sloth from goonies hahahaha kimbo lost because he gassed and yes his crew were being b*tches...

maybe ray should fight him. you can earn $10,000 if you beat him

jigahus
12-01-2006, 02:47 PM
He he...bodyguard for In the VIP and Milf Hunter. I would like to be a body guard so I can be in the VIP and do MILFS. :p

David Jamieson
12-01-2006, 03:53 PM
bare knuckle fights don't last as long as gloved fights.

a) the hits hurt a lot more

b) your hands hurt a lot more from hitting

if kimbo wanted to go pro, he would have to up his game.
There are guys that would eat him in the current ranks of any number of sport fighting leagues.

maybe that's why he fights chumps? makes him look better? who knows. I think he though gannon would be a cake walk too.

intimidation will only get you so far, just ask Mikey t! :p

Flying-Monkey
12-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Kimbo is gold on the street. That is where it counts.

David Jamieson
12-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Kimbo is gold on the street. That is where it counts.

um in pre arranged fights where there is no chance of weapons getting pulled or extras jumping in, sure. :rolleyes:

gold on the street indeed. he's a big dude and can clearly handle himself in fisticuffs.

The guy is tough, no doubt, but lets not put a shine on stuff ofr the sake of it.
If he really wants cred, he'd fight more like gannon and less like lard boyx2.

Flying-Monkey
12-01-2006, 08:15 PM
um in pre arranged fights where there is no chance of weapons getting pulled or extras jumping in, sure. :rolleyes:

gold on the street indeed. he's a big dude and can clearly handle himself in fisticuffs.

The guy is tough, no doubt, but lets not put a shine on stuff ofr the sake of it.
If he really wants cred, he'd fight more like gannon and less like lard boyx2.

I was not just talking about this fight. Plus, have you ever been in a real fight? I doubt it. If you ever been to a hood, you might hear someone say "jus da handz" before a fight. That means street style boxing. No grabs. No take downs. No kicks. Similar to what they are doing. Someone who is good at this style is known to have "mad handz" (this is an old term)

If you have seen a real street street, you would have noticed in the beginning of both fights, Kimbo did something know as "takin they hearts". After Kimbo got they with one real good punch, they didn't want to fight. You could see it in the way they fought after those good punches.

My brother was known to have mad handz. He was good jus da handz or all out. He would fight all of the time. He would wear football socks just so someone would make fun of him. He would go to the water front clubs in Philly (his favorite was Baja). He got in or witness fights all of the time.

No all of the fights did not go to the ground. The few that did, the would fcuked up. I remember a time a guy took another guy on the and into his guard. I remember this because the other screamed "what's up wit dis guy sh!t". This was about 11 years ago(before BJJ was super well known). The guy did the take down was getting his face rubbed on the concrete. Bouncers came out and broke it up. The guys cheek was done. There was a brown patch of skin on the ground. AND NO THIS IS NOT PROVE OF BJJ INEFFECTIVENESS ON THE STREET.

Get into a real fight before you talk. I don't mean in your school. You will learn quickly.

David Jamieson
12-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I was not just talking about this fight. Plus, have you ever been in a real fight? I doubt it. If you ever been to a hood, you might hear someone say "jus da handz" before a fight. That means street style boxing. No grabs. No take downs. No kicks. Similar to what they are doing. Someone who is good at this style is known to have "mad handz" (this is an old term)

If you have seen a real street street, you would have noticed in the beginning of both fights, Kimbo did something know as "takin they hearts". After Kimbo got they with one real good punch, they didn't want to fight. You could see it in the way they fought after those good punches.

My brother was known to have mad handz. He was good jus da handz or all out. He would fight all of the time. He would wear football socks just so someone would make fun of him. He would go to the water front clubs in Philly (his favorite was Baja). He got in or witness fights all of the time.

No all of the fights did not go to the ground. The few that did, the would fcuked up. I remember a time a guy took another guy on the and into his guard. I remember this because the other screamed "what's up wit dis guy sh!t". This was about 11 years ago(before BJJ was super well known). The guy did the take down was getting his face rubbed on the concrete. Bouncers came out and broke it up. The guys cheek was done. There was a brown patch of skin on the ground. AND NO THIS IS NOT PROVE OF BJJ INEFFECTIVENESS ON THE STREET.

Get into a real fight before you talk. I don't mean in your school. You will learn quickly.

:rolleyes: ok tough guy, I'll go out and get into fights right away. lol. :p

Flying-Monkey
12-01-2006, 08:43 PM
:rolleyes: ok tough guy, I'll go out and get into fights right away. lol. :p

I'm not a tough guy. It's just that you are talking sh!t.

David Jamieson
12-01-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm not a tough guy. It's just that you are talking sh!t.

Dude, you need to get laid or something. :p

Flying-Monkey
12-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Dude, you need to get laid or something. :p

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?!?! What does that have to do with anything. I am getting married next year. That was the weakest come back.

David Jamieson
12-01-2006, 08:53 PM
okee dokee jack.

Have a nice wedding. :)

mickey
12-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Greetings,

It seems that wherever and whenever Flying-Monkey posts there is always some kind of spark or antagonism. I think it is quite theraputic for him to have joined this forum and share his feelings. He has had it TOUGH, VERY TOUGH, in his life. He has been to self help programs, psychotherapy, support groups, hermitages, etc. -- trying to pull it together and hold it together. It has taken many years for him to get to the point where he can actually enter any kind of relationship with someone; so, getting married is a major accomplishment for him and we should be happy. Life is finally taking a positive turn for him and I am very happy for him. The edges he maintains are only glimpses of the pain that the has suffered all these years.

Things really began to get bad for him when some chick with ruby slippers threw water on the woman he was working for many years ago.

mickey

Flying-Monkey
12-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Greetings,

It seems that wherever and whenever Flying-Monkey posts there is always some kind of spark or antagonism. I think it is quite theraputic for him to have joined this forum and share his feelings. He has had it TOUGH, VERY TOUGH, in his life. He has been to self help programs, psychotherapy, support groups, hermitages, etc. -- trying to pull it together and hold it together. It has taken many years for him to get to the point where he can actually enter any kind of relationship with someone; so, getting married is a major accomplishment for him and we should be happy. Life is finally taking a positive turn for him and I am very happy for him. The edges he maintains are only glimpses of the pain that the has suffered all these years.

Things really began to get bad for him when some chick with ruby slippers threw water on the woman he was working for many years ago.

mickey

LOL.:D

I see.

Yes, I will admit that my last few posts on this thread and others have been blunt and harsh. However, I think my points are valid. I remember when I thought that Knifefighter and Sifu Ross were a little harsh and blunt. My feelings change after I really look at what they are saying. On the most part(90%), I agree with them.

mickey
12-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Flying-Monkey,

I do not know if it has been said before...

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

mickey

tug
12-03-2006, 10:05 PM
bare knuckle fights don't last as long as gloved fights.

a) the hits hurt a lot more

b) your hands hurt a lot more from hitting

if kimbo wanted to go pro, he would have to up his game.
There are guys that would eat him in the current ranks of any number of sport fighting leagues.

maybe that's why he fights chumps? makes him look better? who knows. I think he though gannon would be a cake walk too.

intimidation will only get you so far, just ask Mikey t! :p

Why doesn't this guy put his cards on the table and train for the pros? According to my extremely limited knowledge of such, it doesn't seem he's a horrible stand-up fighter.

Agreed with the others though about BigMac, he got rocked like 6 times and still wanted more!

This is sick...

...and I watched the whole thing.

TuG.

Yum Cha
12-03-2006, 10:36 PM
This clip brings to mind a thread just passed, about bare knuckle boxing? Discussions about breaking your hands on opponents, about longer or shorter duration 'bouts?

About the effectiveness of body blows vs head shots.

It seems Kimbo goes for a lot of head shots, and yet the body blows hurt. I don't think he dropped anybody with a body shot, but he made some openings.

He also has a rock steady stance, whereas his opponents are a lot move bouncy.

Can we agree, based upon this example, that bare knuckle fights are over quicker because there is more damage done with a solid shot, AND that it is a bit more difficult to get in that solid shot when you're worried about copping one in return?

I don't think the fighters looked cut up, which surprised me.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-03-2006, 11:05 PM
i think moondog made kimbo.

i will find a picture of moondog tomorrow.

rogue
12-04-2006, 04:52 AM
I don't think Kimbo could get much better.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-04-2006, 06:51 AM
this is moondog (http://myspace-476.vo.llnwd.net/00732/67/43/732373476_l.jpg)

hes something of a local legend. he's at the end of every parade and he makes it to every fire ... often times even before the firemen.

moondog's myspace (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=77472496&MyToken=03d26b0d-dc3c-438f-b106-1fa20ff18823)

more info on moondog on my buddy's site (http://www.rhymezilla.com/fcorner/moondog.php)

tug
12-04-2006, 10:22 PM
This clip brings to mind a thread just passed, about bare knuckle boxing? Discussions about breaking your hands on opponents, about longer or shorter duration 'bouts?

About the effectiveness of body blows vs head shots.

It seems Kimbo goes for a lot of head shots, and yet the body blows hurt. I don't think he dropped anybody with a body shot, but he made some openings.

He also has a rock steady stance, whereas his opponents are a lot move bouncy.

Can we agree, based upon this example, that bare knuckle fights are over quicker because there is more damage done with a solid shot, AND that it is a bit more difficult to get in that solid shot when you're worried about copping one in return?

I don't think the fighters looked cut up, which surprised me.

YC - I agree that he has good stance, but one thing I noticed is that when in the thick of it, he seems to drop his head and crouch a bit, which makes him shorter (if you know what I mean). Doesn't necessarily impair him, but it makes a big difference in reach IMO.

Also surprised there was next to no bloodshed.

TuG.

SevenStar
12-04-2006, 11:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP8W8ct7goA&NR

uppercut at 2:09

Yum Cha
12-05-2006, 12:25 AM
7 - afterwards, Kimbo kept looking at his hands, you reckon he hurt them, or was it just love?

SevenStar
12-05-2006, 02:35 AM
my initial impression was that it hurt.

sunfist
12-05-2006, 04:55 AM
Dude, what the hell are you talking about?!?! What does that have to do with anything. I am getting married next year. That was the weakest come back.

suure thing flying monkey.....

MORE LIKE SPANKING MONKEY AM I RIGHT FOLKS?!

Yum Cha
12-05-2006, 05:58 PM
7*, that was my impression as well, and it looked like Rasta was cut, maybe even damaged cheek bone? It sounded like his chops popped when he ate the uppercut, but the damage seemed to be between upper lip and eye, maybe even the nose.

So, we have a big man, solid stance who puts "enough" power into a closed fist to drop an elephant. If his hands were hurt, I doubt they were broken.

What can we mere mortals take away in terms of Sport (padded up) vs Street (unpadded) fighting.

Sure, there were "rules" of sorts in this match.

My take-away is that solid stance trumps bouncy footwork.

Also, those loping overhand punches that work with gloves don't compete against a solid knuckle surface shot delivered with intent, like the bent arm hook and straight punch.

In most those fights in this thread, whenever somebody bent down to clinch or cover up, they paid for it. This seems to apply to someone coming in for a takedown too...

LeeCasebolt
12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
In most those fights in this thread, whenever somebody bent down to clinch or cover up, they paid for it. This seems to apply to someone coming in for a takedown too...

I'd say there's a difference between someone bent over, trying (badly) to lean away from getting hit, and someone changing levels to get a takedown. In other words, bad fighters don't tell you much about good fighters.

PangQuan
12-05-2006, 07:35 PM
from the looks of his gannon fight

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/69770/Kimbo_Vs_Gannon.html

kimbo's endurance would not last the first round in any pro MMA fight...

hes got game, just not enough.

Yum Cha
12-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi Lee,
Point taken, but with rebuttal...

The favorite quote is that 98% of all fights go to the ground. Why, because 98% of the fighters are ground fighters that are shooting in and taking their opponents down? Seems unlikely at at face value.

More likely, they go to ground because one guy grabs onto the other to keep from getting smashed and gravity takes over from there. (note: bad stance/footwork?)

Just like not every striker is an Ali or Bruce Lee, not every grappler is a Gracie or Kimura. Its messy, so while bad fighters may not teach you about good fighters, you can learn as much from watching common (bad) fighting as by watching pro perfection. And, what you learn may indeed be more relevent to what you may actually face in a reality based situation.

Knifefighter
12-05-2006, 08:12 PM
My take-away is that solid stance trumps bouncy footwork.
Not necessarily... if a taller guys knows how to use "bouncy" footwork along with jabs that keep the shorter guy away, it can be very effective. Neither of those guys used that strategy.

Knifefighter
12-05-2006, 08:18 PM
YC - I agree that he has good stance, but one thing I noticed is that when in the thick of it, he seems to drop his head and crouch a bit, which makes him shorter (if you know what I mean). Doesn't necessarily impair him, but it makes a big difference in reach IMO.
Kimbo has a nice "Tysonesque" style. Makes him more compact and harder to hit, but it doesn't shorten his reach.

IronFist
12-05-2006, 09:38 PM
No damage? Kimbo fvcked up that one dude's eye (Byrd?) in his first fight.

Yum Cha
12-06-2006, 12:03 AM
Not necessarily... if a taller guys knows how to use "bouncy" footwork along with jabs that keep the shorter guy away, it can be very effective. Neither of those guys used that strategy.

Fair enough, Ali v Liston, a classic example. Ali v anybody, practically.

Kimbo knows his strength and he played to it. I have yet to see him go against someone who hits as hard. Gannon made it all messy and took away his "A" game.

I guess that's what strategy is all about, playing your "A" game, not his.

When I read Tug's post, I thought of Tyson as well. Reach is relative. Basic fact is, if he is close enough to hit you, you're close enough to hit him. Patience, patience...

LeeCasebolt
12-06-2006, 09:00 AM
More likely, they go to ground because one guy grabs onto the other to keep from getting smashed and gravity takes over from there. (note: bad stance/footwork?)

Fair point.

I'd also point out that these are bare-knuckle boxing matches, not MMA bouts or true street fights - no one's really attempting any sort of grappling, well or badly.

As an aside, this is the first time I've bothered to watch a Kimbo vid. He's better than I'd expected.

Yum Cha
12-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Fair point.

I'd also point out that these are bare-knuckle boxing matches, not MMA bouts or true street fights - no one's really attempting any sort of grappling, well or badly.

As an aside, this is the first time I've bothered to watch a Kimbo vid. He's better than I'd expected.

Yea, no grappling on the board, but you can see how it could happen from the way the opponents reacted under pressure, or?

First time seeing Kimbo? hahahahahah Yea, you wouldn't wanna bite of a hunk of than now would you?

LeeCasebolt
12-07-2006, 10:10 AM
First time seeing Kimbo? hahahahahah Yea, you wouldn't wanna bite of a hunk of than now would you?

To my credit, I take a dive better than Afro-boy. He might just graze me, but I'd look *really* ****ed up.

tug
12-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Fair point.

Too true, and going to the ground on the street is NO fun.

My aside? I've seen more than a few of his fights, and honestly, it seems to me that his standup is improving.

Lama Pai Sifu
12-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Does anyon have a link to Kimbo's fight with Gannon?

I've never seen these fights before yesterday, I just happened upon the thread.

Big Bad Muther F*cker!

Please post the link if you have it. Checked YOUTUBE but I didn't come up with any fight of his with Gannon.

Peace

MasterKiller
12-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Gannon was selling the DVDs of the fight at one point, so they were quick to squelch online leaks.

EDIT--
Typed it into Google.

http://www.break.com/index/downgoeskimbo.html

I can't see the link (blocked from work), but I think it's the right url.

Lama Pai Sifu
12-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Holy Crap!

That was some brawl! I couldn't tell from the video; the extent of the damage that Kimbo took, but it was clear that Gannon took a face full! And that guy didn't give up, Holy Sh1t!!

Either way, two super-tough individuals, very entertaining.

Thanks for posting the clip.

IronFist
12-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Here (http://pandachute.com/videos/kimbo_vs_adryan). Cheap shot ftl.

Gore warning at end.

Yum Cha
12-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Goes to show, if you're gonna hit somebody, hit them hard.

Agression don't mean squat if you can't hurt the guy when you land the punches.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-20-2006, 09:03 PM
good vid ... i really thought it was gonna be a repeat, but then i was like nah iron fist wouldnt play me like that.

where's the gore though? err wait im on the wrong forum :)

Donkwoon
12-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Has anyone beat kimbo yet?

Shaolinlueb
12-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Has anyone beat kimbo yet?

the Sean guy from boston has.

Pork Chop
12-20-2006, 09:59 PM
sean gannon pretty much beat him

that guy looked like he just did a megaset of bench before coming out
he wasn't relaxed at all
probably never had a real fight in his life
for as big as he was he was punching like a little girl

good head movement & counterpunching by kimbo, he'd probably be a pretty good club fighter in boxing

syn
12-20-2006, 10:01 PM
"click here to download plugin"

DAAAAAAAAAMN YOUUUUUU FIREFOX!!!!!!!!!

Anyways any other sites maybe like youtube I can find the video? I've seen two of his fights, does he have any boxing/MA history? Think anyone can make a list of his fights (urls)?

Donkwoon
12-20-2006, 10:39 PM

It does seem that Sean cheated though.

http://www.vidiac.com/video/F12AD660-0FF1-493D-B003-AD26E548ED01.htm

Pork Chop
12-20-2006, 10:42 PM
that's why I said "pretty much".
I've seen the argument from gannon's camp and i can't argue with it.
truth of the matter is that they both pulled some questionable tactics and in the end kimbo didn't have the conditioning to continue the fight...

omarthefish
12-21-2006, 04:39 AM
"click here to download plugin"

DAAAAAAAAAMN YOUUUUUU FIREFOX!!!!!!!!!

Anyways any other sites maybe like youtube I can find the video? I've seen two of his fights, does he have any boxing/MA history? Think anyone can make a list of his fights (urls)?

First of all, if you are on Firefox, why don't you have the "MediaPlayer Connectivity" add-on in stalled? Then the video could be launched outside of the browser window in the media player of your choice.

Second of all....duh....there's a direct link to download the video. It's right below the empty box where the video should be and is labeled "download link".

But here's the download address anyways:

http://pandachute.com/uploads/videos/200.wmv

mantiskilla
12-21-2006, 06:38 AM
they're upping the production...got intro music now. what i want to know is how these guys get so big...6'1" 240 (white guy)? I dont know if that is right or not...looked more lie 215 to me, anyway i cant get over 180 to save my life...no matter how much i eat. kimbo was putting some mustard on some of those shots and laying in more body shots than i've seen him take...i think he's getting better...more patient.
________
Cancer - Breast Advice (http://www.health-forums.org/cancer-breast/)

Pork Chop
12-21-2006, 07:18 AM
when i break 240 at 5'10~5'11, nobody ever guesses that my weight is within 15 pounds of that.

i think our concept of weight is a little skewed when most athletes we see on tv in a given weight class are actually several weight classes higher, properly hydrated.

Ford Prefect
12-21-2006, 07:55 AM
It does seem that Sean cheated though.

http://www.vidiac.com/video/F12AD660-0FF1-493D-B003-AD26E548ED01.htm

Sean did not cheat. He beat him fair and square and if the rules weren't so very limitted, Sean would have lit him up like a X-mas tree pretty quick.

Yao Sing
12-21-2006, 08:23 AM

Didn't Gannon go on to take a beating in the UFC or am I thinking of someone else?

what i want to know is how these guys get so big...6'1" 240 (white guy)? I dont know if that is right or not...looked more lie 215 to me, anyway i cant get over 180 to save my life...no matter how much i eat.

Shhh, 'roids. :eek:

i think our concept of weight is a little skewed when most athletes we see on tv in a given weight class are actually several weight classes higher, properly hydrated.

Ha ha, dehydrated athletes. Just add water and the fight is on. Sounds like a neat action figure toy for kids.

mantiskilla
12-21-2006, 08:43 AM
**** Pork Chop...you're juicing? That's what yao sing says at least.:D
________
Uggs (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

Ray Pina
12-21-2006, 09:25 AM
For all that white guy's mass, he couldn't produce power to hurt the man he's fighting... that never turns out good. His punching was disconnected, nothing behind it.

hjt
12-21-2006, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=Yao Sing;726852]Didn't Gannon go on to take a beating in the UFC or am I thinking of someone else?

yes, it was him, he lost to branden lee hinkle at ufc 55 , dana white brought him in due to the popularity of the kimbo fight. if you noticed gannon was pretty battered after the fight, kimbo might have lost due to exhaustion, but didnt lose to getting beaten. it looked like gannon lost that fight, even though he won.

Pork Chop
12-21-2006, 10:06 AM
my juice is 100% grease....
when you're on a diet of pizza and beer, 250's nothing... :p

actually, i was on ritalin from 6 to 18
when i got off it, my metabolism pretty much shut down
gained 100 pounds in college

if i don't workout i pack on weight quick-like
i can kinda counteract things & lose weight with diet pills, but they always have nasty side effects

i got a thyroid test at one point that said my metabolism was normal, but i was on Hot Rox from Biotest at the time- which is supposed to increase T3 levels; so i would guess my hormone levels are probably below average regardless.

a guy from my gym, Shug, is shorter than me by an inch or two and is still in the low 250s, high 240s (i've been around 230 lately). I don't think he looks as big as that white dude either.

if you've always had heavy labor jobs, eat a lot of meat, rest enough, and lift religiously, you're probably going to be larger than the average guy; however i wouldn't be suprised to find out either of those guys had roided.

Pork Chop
12-21-2006, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=Yao Sing;726852]... but didnt lose to getting beaten. it looked like gannon lost that fight, even though he won.

see, gannon was supposed to be some Massachusettes state golden gloves champ, but his boxing looked terrible in that vid. Then again, heavyweight boxing is rarely a hotbed for skilled individuals. I know some lower level pros & some amateurs that would give Kimbo a run for his money though.

Yao Sing
12-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Video clips don't play right on my laptop so I'm just getting to see the clip now.

What the hell was that crap? That white guy can't fight to save his life. He wasn't even looking at where he was hitting and he hits like a girl (sorry ladies, I meant a girl with no training) plus he gives up before it's over because he got a nose bleed.

I think Kimbo would get chewed up in the ring. I think he knows that too, which is why he fights bodybuilders instead of fighters.

SevenStar
12-21-2006, 11:14 AM
they're upping the production...got intro music now. what i want to know is how these guys get so big...6'1" 240 (white guy)? I dont know if that is right or not...looked more lie 215 to me, anyway i cant get over 180 to save my life...no matter how much i eat. kimbo was putting some mustard on some of those shots and laying in more body shots than i've seen him take...i think he's getting better...more patient.

I'm 235 and almost 5'10. 240 isn't so big... I weighed 180 my junior year in high school. I was the smallest nose guard in the city. How tall are you? you may just be one of those ectomorphic hardgainers that just can't put on weight...

mantiskilla
12-21-2006, 11:16 AM
There is a pretty big difference between gloves and bareknuckle, even boxing gloves (14/16) and MMA gloves...i dont think i know enough to know how bareknuckle would transfer over to boxing, BUT with the heavyweights out there now, Kimbo has a shot. His feet are pretty decent (but i think he would gas REALLY quick), he moves quick for so much weight, he can move his body, he hits hard, and he can take a punch...so, I dont know why he doesnt give it a shot, but like I said, his cardio has much work ahead. the heavyweight division sucks.

sevenstar--

i'm 4'11"...just kidding, i'd be pretty d@mn thick! 5'11" ish. When i lifted weights a long time ago, I was about 210, a decent amount of muscle but some fat too...now I'm 180 but pretty lean...like to get 195, but I dont think there is enough time in the day for me to eat that much (or afford it). I do a decent amount of cardio and kettlebells and heavybag and my body just burns whatever i put in.
________
Watch Her Clitoris Spasm With Orgasm (http://www.****tube.com/video/41283/rubbing-her-clit-till-her-*****-contracts-and-spasms-in-orgasm)

SevenStar
12-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Video clips don't play right on my laptop so I'm just getting to see the clip now.

What the hell was that crap? That white guy can't fight to save his life. He wasn't even looking at where he was hitting and he hits like a girl (sorry ladies, I meant a girl with no training) plus he gives up before it's over because he got a nose bleed.

I think Kimbo would get chewed up in the ring. I think he knows that too, which is why he fights bodybuilders instead of fighters.

he'll fight whoever puts up the money, I'm sure. A pro fighter wouldn't do it - they have too much to lose. If I'm not mistaken, this is the only big (as in muscular) guy that he's fought. That said, I think he could do well, with more training. Heck, look at the success sapp is having and he's far less refined than kimbo...

MasterKiller
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
240 isn't so big...

Oh yeah? Would you date a chick that was 240?

SevenStar
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
sevenstar--

i'm 4'11"...just kidding, i'd be pretty d@mn thick! 5'11" ish. When i lifted weights a long time ago, I was about 210, a decent amount of muscle but some fat too...now I'm 180 but pretty lean...like to get 195, but I dont think there is enough time in the day for me to eat that much (or afford it). I do a decent amount of cardio and kettlebells and heavybag and my body just burns whatever i put in.

what do you eat in a typical day?

SevenStar
12-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Oh yeah? Would you date a chick that was 240?

I dated your wife for a month or so, so you already know that I would.

mantiskilla
12-21-2006, 11:37 AM
sevenstar-

Breakfast:

Three eggs and bagel no butter. OJ.
'Hulk' from Smoothie King. Has weight gainer, think its about 1300 calories.
2-3 bananas
Tea.

Lunch:
Chicken salad or Tuna Salad or Roast beef sandwich.
bowl of soup
salad
more bananas
yogurt

Snack:
Powerbar, etc.
sometimes another Hulk

Dinner:
Pasta or Steak or chicken or fish
potatoes or something
lots of green vegetables

Snack:
Peanut butter (organic about 1 jar a week) and apples or bananas
Maybe another bagel

About 1.5-2 gallons of water during the day also. Its Florida and i train outside so it is usually hot.
________
HOW TO MAKE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Yao Sing
12-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Dang, sounds to me like some of you guys are a bit overweight. :)

I'm 5'10" and when I try real hard I can get my weight up to 165. I gave up on ever reaching 170. Guess you don't believe in the height/weight ratio charts.

he'll fight whoever puts up the money, I'm sure. A pro fighter wouldn't do it - they have too much to lose. If I'm not mistaken, this is the only big (as in muscular) guy that he's fought. That said, I think he could do well, with more training. Heck, look at the success sapp is having and he's far less refined than kimbo...

I meant Kimbo step into the pro ring, not a pro fighter meeting him in a backyard. You're right about Sapp though. And I think Kimbo's making enough of a name for himself that he'd draw a good crowd if he did step into the ring. Sooner or later he'll get an offer.

syn
12-21-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm 5' 6 1/2" I weight about 125 and have a 5% percent body fat. Even when I'm not training often my body fat percentage never goes above 12%, but I know when I lose my metabolism I'm going to be the fattest man alive.

Pork Chop
12-21-2006, 03:07 PM

I'm 5'10" and when I try real hard I can get my weight up to 165. I gave up on ever reaching 170. Guess you don't believe in the height/weight ratio charts.

I was 165 when i graduated high school
only way i could reach that now is if i ate less than 1000 calories a day for 7 or 8 months and did about 2 hours of cardio a day.
I really don't think i eat all that much.
i mean i do have my moments, but usually when i have a big meal, i don't eat so much for the next day or two.
Not proud of having a cruddy metabolism, in fact it's about the bane of my existance.
There was a time when I steady at 230, but i was averaging 15 hours in the gym every week.
I basically have to starve myself every day, to the point of getting dizzy, if i want to see any results.

doing what i can now with jogging, boxing, and weights- but i have a feeling it's just going to be more of the same. would love to be under 200 by next summer.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-21-2006, 10:44 PM

im 5'4'' and i've chewed and clawed my way from 120lbs up to 150lbs. i know that's still light, but im finally getting thickish because im so short. my goal is 170 or so and then cut to 160 - 165.

finally putting on some mass has done nothing but help me across the board. everyone i roll with is 200+ and it feels ****ing phenomenal to no longer let them over power me. i still get my ass beat on the regular because i suck and they can fat me at will, but i never let them force anything. also my level of athleticism has increased as well .... i play very lightly with parkour and ive done nothing but improve. higher jumps and its hard to explain but i feel that im able to absorb shock a little better now ... though that could just be small improvements in technique.

point being that getting a little bigger has made me a better athlete. im sure being fat doesn't help much aside from lifting, but some solid weight is far from a bad thing.

Knifefighter
12-21-2006, 11:34 PM
LOL @ the white guy not being able to "fight to save his life." He had Kimbo backpedalling for a while, although he ended up getting rocked big time at the end. I'm betting he would completely destroy most people who post here. Of course, they would probably be wimpering blobs if they had to fight him in the first place.

Kimbo is smart. He's more than likely making more doing what he is doing now than he could as an entry level fighter. At the same time he is building up his name and his marketability, so that if he does enter a pro venue he will probably get some pretty good paydays right from the get-go.

Yao Sing
12-22-2006, 06:58 AM
LOL @ the white guy not being able to "fight to save his life." He had Kimbo backpedalling for a while, although he ended up getting rocked big time at the end.

What I saw was Kimbo playing smart and allowing the other guy to foolishly rush in while pounding him with punches. Retreating doesn't mean running away. Just because he was moving backwards does not mean his opponent was doing something good.

Watch it again and you'll see Kimbo landing punch after punch on him while moving back. Hardly backpeddling because of a skilled attack.

So you think turning your head away from punches while pushing forward throwing slap punches is good fighting?

mantiskilla
12-22-2006, 07:03 AM
kimbo frightens me.

yeah, he was backing up, but he was in control the whole time...he wasnt getting run over by any stretch, as opposed to when the white guy backed up...he was screwed.
________
BODY SCIENCE (http://bodyscience.ws/)

Knifefighter
12-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Watch it again and you'll see Kimbo landing punch after punch on him while moving back. Hardly backpeddling because of a skilled attack.

So you think turning your head away from punches while pushing forward throwing slap punches is good fighting?
I didn't say he was skilled. However, I'm betting he's much better at fighting than what many people here are giving him credit for while sitting behind their keyboards; if nothing more than the fact that he is big, strong and aggressive.

Considering that you have said he "can't fight to save his life", here's a question for you... would you be willing to put up some money and face him?

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-22-2006, 07:20 AM
LOL @ the white guy not being able to "fight to save his life." He had Kimbo backpedalling for a while, although he ended up getting rocked big time at the end. I'm betting he would completely destroy most people who post here. Of course, they would probably be wimpering blobs if they had to fight him in the first place.

i hear where youre coming from, and i always give peopel props just for steppin up, but that guy had nothing behind his punches at all. as big as he was even ****ty technique would have at least packed something. he had no technique at all or lost it due to nerves or getting over zealous.

Kimbo is smart. He's more than likely making more doing what he is doing now than he could as an entry level fighter. At the same time he is building up his name and his marketability, so that if he does enter a pro venue he will probably get some pretty good paydays right from the get-go.

i agree with this 100%

Pork Chop
12-22-2006, 07:49 AM

he pushed kimbo back with a football style forearm block & still ate tons of shots to do it. yeah, he flurried up a little with speedbag punches, but you could see how much good that did by looking at kimbo's face afterward.

Like i said, my regular boxing sparring partner's bigger than that guy. A little shorter, which is not necessarily a bad thing in boxing, and a way better fighter.

I'd fight that guy in 10oz gloves any day. I need my hands & face for work, so bareknuckle's out of the question for the time being.

I understand the whole "if you don't fight don't criticize", but I've been in plenty of smokers and gym wars to be able to comment on that guy's ability.

True. more importantly, he doesn't even have to train. He gets money and rep without having to go into a training camp for 8 weeks. I would say that his cut from the payout is better than any boxing pro with less than say 10 or 15 fights, aside from superstars.

Ford Prefect
12-22-2006, 07:54 AM
I know and have trained with some of the same people Sean trains with. We are talking guys who have fought pro-MMA for years and guys currently in or previously in the UFC. Sean isn't a pushover.

Pork Chop
12-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Granted, I shouldn't have bashed Gannon's boxing. he's won a lot more than me & he won that fight. But, as Jack Dempsey said, the science of boxing should be first and foremost for self defense, not scoring points in patty cake contests. So it woulda been nice to see Sean use a little more boxing in his fight.

my comments above though are addressed towards Adryan, the guy in the clip.

Knifefighter
12-22-2006, 08:13 AM
I'd fight that guy in 10oz gloves any day. I need my hands & face for work, so bareknuckle's out of the question for the time being.

I understand the whole "if you don't fight don't criticize", but I've been in plenty of smokers and gym wars to be able to comment on that guy's ability.
You are 230 lbs. and have trained significantly in Muay Thai... I'm betting you would beat him pretty handily.

My question was to YS, a 50-something, 160 lb kung fu fantasy guy who has probably never had a real fight in his life. His statement that the other guy couldn't fight at all begs the question of whether or not HE would be willing to step up and fight this completely unskilled guy. After all, if the guy "couldn't fight to save his life", what does that say about YS and his ability if he is unwilling to mix it up with him?

Ford Prefect
12-22-2006, 08:40 AM
You are 230 lbs. and have trained significantly in Muay Thai... I'm betting you would beat him pretty handily.

My question was to YS, a 50-something, 160 lb kung fu fantasy guy who has probably never had a real fight in his life. His statement that the other guy couldn't fight at all begs the question of whether or not HE would be willing to step up and fight this completely unskilled guy. After all, if the guy "couldn't fight to save his life", what does that say about YS and his ability if he is unwilling to mix it up with him?

WTF? You are judging that on a single bareknuckle fight clip? Sean is a gold gloves boxer. He trains Muay Thai and has trained at one of the best Thai camps out there (Sityodtong). He's a pro MMA fighter, a former state Judo champ, and has had plenty of amateur fights to go along with his pro fights. Yet he's going to get "beaten pretty handily" by a random guy near his weight that trains thai? Right. Just checking.

mantiskilla
12-22-2006, 08:56 AM
WTF? You are judging that on a single bareknuckle fight clip? Sean is a gold gloves boxer. He trains Muay Thai and has trained at one of the best Thai camps out there (Sityodtong). He's a pro MMA fighter, a former state Judo champ, and has had plenty of amateur fights to go along with his pro fights. Yet he's going to get "beaten pretty handily" by a random guy near his weight that trains thai? Right. Just checking.

LOL! dude...relax...KF and Pork Chop were talking about the white guy in the clip.
________
REG PARNELL (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Reg_Parnell)

Ford Prefect
12-22-2006, 09:03 AM
LOL! dude...relax...KF and Pork Chop were talking about the white guy in the clip.

They were talking about Gannon who is the white guy from the 2nd clip.

Call me crazy, but I'd imagine for a guy that doesn't fight bareknuckle on a regular basis and hoping to make it out of the fight in a condition that would still allow him to work as a Boston police officer, maybe... just maybe he took something off his punches for fear of breaking his hand.

Putting on 10 oz gloves and fighting full thai rules (nevermind MMA) would likely not be pleasant; nevermind "beating him pretty handily".

mantiskilla
12-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Granted, I shouldn't have bashed Gannon's boxing. he's won a lot more than me & he won that fight. But, as Jack Dempsey said, the science of boxing should be first and foremost for self defense, not scoring points in patty cake contests. So it woulda been nice to see Sean use a little more boxing in his fight.

my comments above though are addressed towards Adryan, the guy in the clip.

he pushed kimbo back with a football style forearm block & still ate tons of shots to do it. yeah, he flurried up a little with speedbag punches, but you could see how much good that did by looking at kimbo's face afterward.

Like i said, my regular boxing sparring partner's bigger than that guy. A little shorter, which is not necessarily a bad thing in boxing, and a way better fighter.

I'd fight that guy in 10oz gloves any day. I need my hands & face for work, so bareknuckle's out of the question for the time being.I understand the whole "if you don't fight don't criticize", but I've been in plenty of smokers and gym wars to be able to comment on that guy's ability.

i think your off...pretty sure they were talking about the white guy in the clip...eh, whatever...i'm just waiting to get the fvck out of work.
________
The Cigar Boss (http://thecigarboss.com/)

Ford Prefect
12-22-2006, 09:17 AM
If I'm wrong, then I'm an ass and appologize. I don't see why PC would meantion not trying to bash Gannon if they weren't talking about Gannon.

mantiskilla
12-22-2006, 09:43 AM
he did talk about gannon...BUT :

"Yet he's going to get "beaten pretty handily" by a random guy near his weight that trains thai? Right. Just checking."

this was directed to the white guy in kimbos video...Adryan or whatever his name was.
________
EASY BOX VAPORIZER TEMPERATURE (http://vaporizer.org)

Pork Chop
12-22-2006, 10:48 AM
If I'm wrong, then I'm an ass and appologize. I don't see why PC would meantion not trying to bash Gannon if they weren't talking about Gannon.

I was trying to clear up my earlier statement that Gannon didn't seem like a Massachussettes state golden gloves champ in his fight with kimbo, but that heavyweights aren't usually slick boxers so it's not suprising. That's all i directed Gannon's way and retracted it on the grounds that i still feel he won that fight.

everything else i mentioned about "punching like a girl" and "speed bag combos" and the forearm thing were all about Adryan from the first clip.

I root for Gannon. He's a good guy from the posts i've read from him on mma.tv and I never meant to imply he's a can. Kimbo uses a peekaboo style that works well for him and my only comment on Gannon's performance is that I would've liked to have seen him try out different boxing strategies to exploit Kimbo's weaknesses.

Knifefighter
12-22-2006, 10:54 AM
If I'm wrong, then I'm an ass and appologize.

OK, you're an ass... now apologize. :)

We were talking about Adryan.

Gannon is a badass for sure.

Pork Chop
12-22-2006, 11:03 AM
My question was to YS, a 50-something, 160 lb kung fu fantasy guy who has probably never had a real fight in his life. ...

i get where you're coming from.
funny enough, i still maintain that the 2 guys who've hit me the hardest I've ever been hit fought under 160. One of 'em's a pro who walks around at mid 180s though so dunno if that counts. They were quick enough that they could throw their whole body into a shot faster than I could react. I don't mind bigger guys so much because i can usually see it coming and do something about it.

Ford Prefect
12-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Then it is confirmed: I am indeed an ass and I appologize. Merry Christmas...

you *****s. ;)

Yao Sing
12-22-2006, 11:43 AM
I didn't say he was skilled. However, I'm betting he's much better at fighting than what many people here are giving him credit for while sitting behind their keyboards; if nothing more than the fact that he is big, strong and aggressive.

Big, strong and aggressive doesn't mean he's a good fighter.

Considering that you have said he "can't fight to save his life", here's a question for you... would you be willing to put up some money and face him?

LOL, you're quite the troll. I'm sure you know this and are just stirring up your usual **** but I'll explain anyhow.

"can't fight to save his life" is an expression. It's like saying Kimbo hit him a million times in that fight. Only trolls and idiots take expressions literally. Take your pick.

Now, would I be willing to put up some money and face him?

First off, anything less that agreeing to fight him would cause you to claim victory and accuse me of backpeddling.

If I were to say that I would fight him it would then be turned into a challenge that, if not met, you would claim victory and accuse me of backpeddling.

I know how you work.

This kind of reminds me of high school and the lunchtime/after school fights.

My fight experience is pretty much all street fights. We've gone over this before but you don't seem to really pay much attention to this stuff. I've been hit before by guys with big arms and no punch. My opinion still stands, he's a lousy fighter. He has no punch, very little skill and no heart. A busted nose (been there, done that) took the fight right out of him.

Troll on little big man.

Knifefighter
12-22-2006, 11:55 AM
My fight experience is pretty much all street fights. We've gone over this before but you don't seem to really pay much attention to this stuff. I've been hit before by guys with big arms and no punch. My opinion still stands, he's a lousy fighter. He has no punch, very little skill and no heart. A busted nose (been there, done that) took the fight right out of him.
Ah, yes... the ubiquitous kung fu street fighter. One who could take much more damage from Kimbo than that guy did. I'm sure the deadly kung fu street fighter could take much more punishment than the poor guy with "no heart" who simply quit from a busted nose after taking eight or ten punches to the face from Kimbo.

PangQuan
12-22-2006, 12:01 PM
arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics....even if you win your still retarded.

SevenStar
12-22-2006, 01:13 PM

the charts tend not to take muscle mass into consideration. I'm "overweight" by every branch of the military's standards, yet they all still broke their necks trying to recruit me. They said they make exceptions because the charts are geared toward the average person, not the super active athletes. I haven't seen 170 since I was like 16. :p

Yao Sing
12-22-2006, 02:09 PM
the charts tend not to take muscle mass into consideration. I'm "overweight" by every branch of the military's standards, yet they all still broke their necks trying to recruit me. They said they make exceptions because the charts are geared toward the average person, not the super active athletes. I haven't seen 170 since I was like 16. :p

I was surprised looking at the chart at the doctor's office. I can't believe they haven't adjusted it up quite a bit.

Knifefighter
12-22-2006, 02:15 PM
The charts are based on longevity standards. People who are in the "normal" ranges tend to have lower mortality rates than people who are outside those ranges.

Yao Sing
12-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Guess I'll be saying some nice words at your funeral and all you other mortality challenged guys. :p

The shuttle is down. Either that or a car just hit the side of my house. :)

Pork Chop
12-22-2006, 04:04 PM
one way or another i ain't makin 60 anyway....

Juan Nowon
12-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Big Kimbo is quite a beast. If anyone is gunna take em down they might wanna consider using the kind of technique demonstrated in link below.

Don't play with em, just end it. Of course, easier said than done, right?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhtbv_anderson-silva-kos-tony-fryklund

mantiskilla
12-22-2006, 04:56 PM
one way or another i ain't makin 60 anyway....

LOL...thats the spirit!

there are too many old people anyway, and with all the miracles of modern science, you dont need to be all that intelligent to live to a ripe old age...we need to reintroduce natural selection in a limited format. For instance, if you become severely mangled doing some really stupid sh!t; instead of everyone scrambling around to get a copter to the shock/trauma unit, calling neuro surgeons, specialists, etc. we just prop you up in a plastic lawn chair on a wooden platform in the middle of the designated 'town square' and see if you make it. If you do, great, if not...
________
THREESOME BABE (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1057/babe/videos/1)

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Big, strong and aggressive doesn't mean he's a good fighter.

......I've been hit before by guys with big arms and no punch. My opinion still stands, he's a lousy fighter. He has no punch, very little skill and no heart. A busted nose (been there, done that) took the fight right out of him.

Troll on little big man.

dude i aint gettin in the middle of you and kf, and ill agree with you that the dude was either a lousy fighter or to give him the benifit of the doubt maybe nerves got the best of him .....but do you have any idea what it would feel like to get popped in the nose by kimbo? were not talking about a dude with big arms and no punch .... were talkin about kimbo. hes one bad mother****er.

Donkwoon
12-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Guys like Kimbo are the reason that guns were invented.

Donkwoon
12-27-2006, 11:01 PM
That's not to be taken as an assult on his charactor as he could be a model citizen for all I know. If he's trying to kill me and I'm around the gun, I'm going for the gun.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-27-2006, 11:11 PM
people who take things the wrong way often do.

Yao Sing
12-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Well, Knifefighter (and others) likes to relate everything (and everyone) to the UFC, like Shaolin monks for example. If the monks are good why don't they prove it in the UFC?

If someone on this forum claims to be a good fighter right away they're asked why they don't compete in UFC.

UFC level fighters don't cave in from a hard punch to the face. That fight is low level 'dang that hurt so I don't want to fight anymore'. Something you see when non-fighters find out it hurts when you get hit.

Maybe if Adryan didn't rush in blocking with his face he would have lasted long enough to put up a serious fight.

Sure Kimbo hits hard, something I'd rather not find out first hand. But the proof of the level of his opponents is on all the clips, they quit when they get hurt. How many times you see that in the UFC, Pride, K-1, etc.? Some of those guys don't even tap when their arm snaps or they lose a few pints of blood.

Look what happened to Kimbo when he did face a real fighter, Gannon. Whole 'nuther ball game.

Fuzzly
12-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Yao Sing, I've seen 3-4 fights where people quit because they got hit. Two were body punches, another was just the guy getting beat up for 2-3 minutes, and the other was a punch/es to the eye (I don't believe he got a finger, but he was repeatedly hit in the eye socket.)

So yes, you do see it in the UFC. We also don't know how much he wast hurt or if anything was broken.

I don't really see why you are giving them such a hard time.

Yao Sing
12-28-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't mean to be giving them a hard time but it seems like I need to defend my opinion since I'm getting so much flak. If Adryan had been a CMA guy we would never hear the end of how bad he was but since he isn't he gets props just for fighting.

Bottom line is these fights aren't much different than the backyard brawl and street fight clips. Kimbo is pretty good within the given fight rules though.

Nobody seems to think this guy Adryan is any good but I get crap for saying it?

Fuzzly
There's always going to be exceptions but I'm talking overall the quality of professional fighters is much higher. The guys Kimbo fights are not even close.

Knifefighter
12-28-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm giving the guy props just for the fact that he is big, strong, athletic and aggressive- four things that are always dangerous in a fight.

I'm giving you a hard time for saying that he quit after just taking a single punch to the face. He took a lot of shots before he was finally overwhelmed.

The fact that you are saying he is unskilled (which I would agree with) is kind of ironic considering the fact that his "speed bag, head up" punching resembles much of the trapping/bridging attempts you see when CMA guys try to fight.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did, indeed, have some CMA training in his background.

David Jamieson
12-28-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm giving the guy props just for the fact that he is big, strong, athletic and aggressive- four things that are always dangerous in a fight.

I'm giving you a hard time for saying that he quit after just taking a single punch to the face.

The fact that you are saying he is unskilled (which I would agree with) is kind of ironic considering the fact that his "speed bag, head up" punching resembles much of the trapping/bridging attempts you see when CMA guys try to fight.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did, indeed, have some CMA training in his background.

lol, Dale, you are unstoppable! omfg, blaming the dudes failure on his likely training in cma. hahahahahaha. awesome, best troll logic evah!

anyway, kimbo looks like he's loosening up, I don't think he steps outside of boxing and there is a couple of things about kimbo:

1: he has an eye to see where he wants to hit

2: he is larger and stronger than your average guy of the same weight (hence the many fat dudes he seems to have a go with. :)

3: he is not deterred by pain inflicted upon him

4: he can access the killing mood quickly without letting it dump him

5: he does not do the endurance exercises of typical ring fighters. He gasses against fitter opponents and his chances drop in accordance to the amount of time spent fighting.

6: his will is strong

In regards to the other fighter, he had a lot of the components to be able to fight, his rapidity did not enhance the power of his strikes, he wasn't looking at the fight he was in and he didn't seem to be able to handle the pain, his position was appearing to be on top, but was much worse than kimbo's.

anyway, there's my tuppence

Yao Sing
12-28-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm giving you a hard time for saying that he quit after just taking a single punch to the face.

And you can provide the quote where I said that right? Go ahead, look back at my posts but you won't find it because that's not what I said. But you seem to prefer arguing against what you think, or want, people to say rather than what's actually said.

Knifefighter
12-28-2006, 11:34 AM
And you can provide the quote where I said that right? Go ahead, look back at my posts but you won't find it because that's not what I said. But you seem to prefer arguing against what you think, or want, people to say rather than what's actually said.
OK, let me revise that.
I am giving you are hard time because you said he quit because his nose was bleeding.

plus he gives up before it's over because he got a nose bleed.

I think he quit because he got majorly rocked several times and was probably completely disoriented.

Fuzzly
12-28-2006, 11:37 AM
LOL @ Knife's CM statement. I can always get a giggle out of trolling now and then.

Yao, of course the UFC level of fighters is going to higher on average, because when they get to that level, fighting is their career. I don't think comparing the UFC guys to anyone whose life isn't spent training to fight is really fair.

"UFC level fighters don't cave in from a hard punch to the face. That fight is low level 'dang that hurt so I don't want to fight anymore'. Something you see when non-fighters find out it hurts when you get hit."

And right there seems to say that he did "cave in from a hard punch to the face..." So yeah, you did kind of say that.

Knifefighter
12-29-2006, 07:24 PM
lol, Dale, you are unstoppable! omfg, blaming the dudes failure on his likely training in cma. hahahahahaha. awesome, best troll logic evah!
LOL @ being so insecure with your KF, that you see attacks when they are not really there.

I wasn't blaming his failure on KF. I merely said I wouldn't be surprised if he had KF training in his background, since some of his technique looked like some KF practioners' technique.

It's just as likely his rolling punch technique came from doing B.S boxing speedbag stuff.

lunghushan
12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
No offense to the white guy (Adrian) but he sucked. He got hit once and gave up.

IronFist
01-02-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm a white guy and I'd give up if Kimbo hit me once, too.

golden arhat
01-02-2007, 09:54 AM
is it just me or does kimbo look like he was doing some hung gar bridging at one point ?

MasterKiller
01-02-2007, 10:04 AM

Yeah, but a 14 year old busted your nose once. You got no game. :D

Knifefighter
01-02-2007, 10:14 AM
If Adryan had been a CMA guy we would never hear the end of how bad he was but since he isn't he gets props just for fighting.
Nobody seems to think this guy Adryan is any good but I get crap for saying it?
Actually, here's a CMA guy going against one of Kimbo's guys who is a much better example of what you are talking about...
- No skill.
- No punch.
- No heart.
- Quits after one punch.

CMA vs. Kimbo's boy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJBVUHoPrMU)

And you are right... How silly of me to think that CMA might have been a part of the training of a guy to whom I was giving props. I was obviously giving CMA way too much credit for being part of his training. He probably did much better than if he had done some CMA training.

I think the guy in this clip is a much more realistic example of someone getting owned because of his CMA training. At least Adryan had probably taken a punch or two as part of his training.

PangQuan
01-02-2007, 10:47 AM
CMA vs Kimbo's Boy??

wow, what a blatantly ignorant generalization....

are you actually being serious here man?

cmon.....

that guy didnt look like a fighter at all. he may have trained in some CMA, but a fighter....apparently not.

your not honestly trying to tell me that you think this guy is the sum total of all CMA and he is the best chinese arts have to offer, are you?

if so i think i may have to ignore all of your future posts.

say it aint so wilma

Knifefighter
01-02-2007, 10:52 AM
that guy didnt look like a fighter at all. he may have trained in some CMA, but a fighter....apparently not.
I never said he was a fighter.

Shouldn't it be obvious that a guy with:
- No skill.
- No punch.
- No heart.
- Quits after one punch.

... is not a fighter?

PangQuan
01-02-2007, 10:54 AM
ya it just seemed the way your post was layed out that this guy was "sum of all CMA"

he seems like a schmuck to me...

Knifefighter
01-02-2007, 11:01 AM
your not honestly trying to tell me that you think this guy is the sum total of all CMA and he is the best chinese arts have to offer, are you?
I'd say he is representative of the type of CMA practitioner who does little or no sparring (and the sparring he does is all light to medium contact), has "deadly" eye gouge, throat ripping, knee stomping, fat grabbing, and "combat" head throwing techniques that he can't use at full force, and spends a big portion of his training time doing forms.

He is also a much better representative of the type of person that DJ was describing.

The people who are the sum total (at least in terms of fighting) of what CMA has to offer are the ones who are fighting in San Shou and MMA.

PangQuan
01-02-2007, 11:06 AM
I'd say he is representative of the type of CMA practitioner who does little or no sparring (and the sparring he does is all light to medium contact), has "deadly" eye gouge, throat ripping, knee stomping, fat grabbing, and "combat" head throwing techniques that he can't use at full force, and spends a big portion of his training time doing forms.

He is also a much better representative of the type of person that DJ was describing.

The people who are the sum total (at least in terms of fighting) of what CMA has to offer are the ones who are fighting in San Shou and MMA.

gotcha. sounds about right to me.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-02-2007, 03:19 PM

dude id give up before he hit me once.

Shaolinlueb
01-02-2007, 09:53 PM
dude id give up before he hit me once.

kimbo would be like "im gonna kill your crackla @ss!@!!"
im like "ok i forfiet"

Shaolin Wookie
01-07-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't think he has that much skill. Now, he could probably beat the living crap out of most of us, but in the world of streetfighting--he's got a way to go. He doesn't exactly pick the "best of the best" to fight against.

I saw a fat dude with dreads, one guy who told him to "chill brotha!" after getting shltc0cked in the eye, and this white boy who looked like he wanted to play pattycake (and then turned his back and started walking away after having his nose busted).....

I'd like to see him take on someone of some skill. Hell, that cop dude beat him. And then it was like that guy in the B-rad movie: "All that bigness for nuthin'..."

I'm not saying Kimbo sucks. So spare me that. But have you seen any real quality fighters in Kimbo vids? If so, tell me why.....

School me to the game here.

Li Kao
03-21-2007, 03:05 AM
*Note* -- I'm posting the links for the individual fights. They are on YouTube but they are very grainy on that site. Just a warning, there are some NSFW ads on the sublimedirectory site ...

Kimbo vs. "The Bouncer"
http://www.sublimedirectory.com/fights/kimbo_vs_bouncer.wmv

Undercard:
Ray vs. Jose & Jorge
http://www.sublimedirectory.com/fights/ray_vs_jose_jorge.wmv

I'll post my comments on the fights in the next post, so as not to spoil the results ...

Li Kao
03-21-2007, 03:18 AM
Kimbo vs. "The Bouncer" -- seems like Kimbo found another can. Bouncer seemed to be really out of shape and off balance when throwing those hooks. Yes, he's a big guy but he didn't seem to show much skill -- sloppy hooks and looked to be a pure brawler. Quite the knot on his forehead following the scuffle eh? I'd like to see Kimbo fight someone at his skill level...

Ray vs. Jose & Jorge -- Well, Ray made short work of Jose, the 1st dude. That guy looked really nervous and inexperienced -- notice how stiff and tense he keeps his whole arms when the fight starts, and how jerky his footwork is. The guy didn't stand a chance (well, everyone has a puncher's chance I suppose, but he was obviously outclassed). Ray was ready for more but he got a little more than he could handle with Jorge. Now Jorge obviously has been in a fight or 2 before -- much more relaxed, better footwork, decent defense, and some good endurance. Ray got gassed pretty quick and was obviously desperate, trying to pull out the spinning backfist time and time again to no avail. Props to Ray for hanging in as long as he did -- tough guy, but finally someone from Kimbo's crew gets beat.

Royal Dragon
03-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Does Kimbo fight in any actual venues aginst big names in MMA? Or just these street fights against local toughs?

Knifefighter
03-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Last guy with the long hair looked like the underdog, but turned out to be skilled... nice fight- both guys in that last fight showed lots of heart, getting up after taking shots and working when being gassed.

Rumor is that Kimbo is going to fight an ex-boxing title holder (Ray Mercer?) in an MMA rules fight.

Royal Dragon
03-21-2007, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I thougt the skinny kid did really well. He had an especially good commad of the ranges.

Black Jack II
03-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Kimbo fought Sean Gannon once and lost, heh, I remeber Joe Rogan acting like Gannon was the second coming of Christ when he fought in the UFC.

LOL....:D

JetLi'sFearless
03-21-2007, 11:47 AM
I bet kimbo would beat up ray pina even with all his internal training lol.

SevenStar
03-21-2007, 12:44 PM
how would YOU do against either of them?

Adventure427
03-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah that second fight was a good fight...they both went the distance...after a while they were both just running on heart.

What are the rules in those fights? No grappling? Is it basicaly boxing or kickboxing? (I think i seen a kick thrown) Entertaining nevertheless, thnx

JetLi'sFearless
03-21-2007, 01:08 PM
how would YOU do against either of them?

imo that white tatood up ex con thug I saw fighting on st patricvks day would have gave kimbo a fight for his money, kimbo in this fight seemed very lackbuster and slow and not really commited, the guy i saw fighting was icnredibly violent and agressive and basically shocked me jsut watching, while when I watched this kimbo fight I had a grin on my face and felt like I was watching a kid playing basketball (no adrenaline response or shock value due to violence at all). Infact I would have given kiombo a run for his moeny if he fought me liek that, if he just started wlaking at me I would have started throing hooks at him and hurt him baaad.

Royal Dragon
03-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Somehow, I really doubt that....

Me thinks you should challenge Kimbo so we can see this fight on YouTube.

My Money is saying he mops the floor with you right quick.

SevenStar
03-21-2007, 01:46 PM
imo that white tatood up ex con thug I saw fighting on st patricvks day would have gave kimbo a fight for his money, kimbo in this fight seemed very lackbuster and slow and not really commited, the guy i saw fighting was icnredibly violent and agressive and basically shocked me jsut watching, while when I watched this kimbo fight I had a grin on my face and felt like I was watching a kid playing basketball (no adrenaline response or shock value due to violence at all). Infact I would have given kiombo a run for his moeny if he fought me liek that, if he just started wlaking at me I would have started throing hooks at him and hurt him baaad.

sweet. so when are you gonna come out from behind the keyboard and fight him?

JetLi'sFearless
03-21-2007, 02:09 PM
I wouldnt fight him cause id be outnumbered by his people.

B-Rad
03-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Take your own people :p

Royal Dragon
03-21-2007, 02:41 PM
I wouldnt fight him cause id be outnumbered by his people.

Reply]
So, it's not like they interfear or anything. They act like refs, and keep the fights clean and organised.

I would not have a fear of Fighting Kimbo because of his people...I'm afraid to fight him because he'd klobber me right quick.

I'd ike to see 7* fight him though, I think 7* could take him.

SevenStar
03-21-2007, 05:15 PM
LOL, I dunno about that . I think I am bigger than him tho. I may have better cardio, too.

Royal Dragon
03-21-2007, 05:41 PM
I think you could take him. Just wear him out, and then start hitt'n really hard when he is tired.

Black Jack II
03-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Kimbo Slice is going to be making his mma debut on the 5th in the Caged Fury Event.

That is one scary ghetto brawler, if Kimbo was breaking into my house for some late night milk and cookies my best hope would be the .45 and the dogs.

Now anyone bigger than that gets the Mossberg:D

SevenStar
03-21-2007, 06:16 PM
considering who his brother is, I wonder how much grappling he's been doing...

Oso
03-21-2007, 06:32 PM
you think 00 would take him down? serious question? I know its a lot of lead, what? .32 pellets? but, still, he's dense with muscle...I'm not a super genious with the data on foot pounds per load/bullet but I'd probably stick with the .45...and hope I was right with God... ;)

who's his brother?

you know, I made a crack on another thread about all the kung fu death dealers looking for Kimbo to have 'real' fight with but...even Kimbo has rules :D so, I guessthey'd be too deadly for Kimbo too....RAOFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yum Cha
03-21-2007, 07:38 PM
considering who his brother is, I wonder how much grappling he's been doing...

In the fight against the bouncer, it looked like the bouncer tried to put some grappling on him.

Like they say, 90 percent of all fights go to the ground, one guy at least....

Also, did you see Kimbo's right hand after the fight? His small knuckles looked a bit deformed. I remember one of his fights looked like he hurt his hand.

Yea, I'd fight Kimbo..........but I just got a face transplant, and I don't want to mess this one up too.

Black Jack II
03-22-2007, 07:48 AM
:D
you think 00 would take him down? serious question? I know its a lot of lead, what? .32 pellets? but, still, he's dense with muscle...I'm not a super genious with the data on foot pounds per load/bullet but I'd probably stick with the .45...and hope I was right with God...

Massad Ayoob regarding the shotgun: "It is perhaps the most efficient close-range killing machine in the world's arsenal of small arms."

Really though, target placement is greatly more important than what kind of round or gun you are using. Since a lot of real life gun self defense situations occur within 5 yards and less, being able to hit your target under stressfull conditions is key. Still, I like my federal grain 320 hydrashock JHP's but as a manstopper a shotgun sends out between 2500 to 3100 ft-lbs of impact energy:D

Well, that and maybe the rhythmic sound of the shotgun being racked might be all that is needed to get the fool away from my milk and cookies.;)

Oso
03-22-2007, 08:53 AM
yea, I've read Ayoob...still, I dunno...and I like the Hydrashok's as well.

when I used to have a 12ga I'd load 6 rounds Bird, 00, Slug, Bird, 00, slug

i figured that if the sound of the slide didn't stop them then they got 1 'get out of jail free card' with the birdshot and then the 00 and the slug to finish if they weren't all the way down. :D

maybe we just clone 7* and keep one around to throw at intruders:p

PangQuan
03-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Kimbo doing MMA??

His ass better keep the beard, thats all i have to say about that.

GuSpeed
03-22-2007, 05:47 PM
funny thing is that even those guys aren't martial artist.... I think they can't pretty much knock the f out of anyone of us on this board...

I really doubt anyone on this board can beat those guys with their rules.... if soo....I bet 1,000 bucks...

SanHeChuan
03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Most of us aren't even close to his weight class. So you'd be right about that.

Oso
03-22-2007, 08:28 PM
funny thing is that even those guys aren't martial artist....

define 'martial' and then define 'artist'...especially any of the physical arts (dance and the like) and tell me why he isn't.

I think they can't pretty much knock the f out of anyone of us on this board...

I really doubt anyone on this board can beat those guys with their rules.... if soo....I bet 1,000 bucks...

you're probably right...7* might have a shot...trying to think of anyone else big enough and in shape enough but I can't recall any...maybe B.Tunks but I think he's just light heavy...

I might have had a shot 5-7 years ago...

...but, now, unless I could poke his eyes out, rip out his trachea or kick him in the nads...he'd wipe me all over that brick patio.

Blacktiger
03-22-2007, 09:19 PM
funny thing is that even those guys aren't martial artist.... I think they can't pretty much knock the f out of anyone of us on this board...

There style is a simple one its the style known as hard a$$ mother fu**ers

SanHeChuan
03-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Even if I was his size, the dudes head is like massively thick! I think the only way to win is to gas him.

Thats pretty much what happened with gannon.

Oso
03-22-2007, 09:32 PM
There style is a simple one its the style known as hard a$$ mother fu**ers

yep...it's a relational equation

Your Abilitity to Damage = A

His Ability to Damage = B

Your Abilitity to absorb Damage = C

His Ability to Absorb Damage = D

If A is greater than B and D AND B is less than A and C then you win.

:D

somebody smarter than me can fix that equation of course.

Kung Pao
03-22-2007, 10:35 PM
He's big, and sometimes he shows some good technique, but he doesn't fight world class fighters. A less impressive (build) guy (Gannon?) took him down by wearing him down, fighting "safe". Kimbo fights dudes that come in flailing, or back down after taking a few punches, or drop hands, or fight stupid. A smart fighter could take him down, hard. Any heavyweight boxer would clean the floor up with his ass.

I admit, though. He's a scary dude, compared ot my skinny ass.

Tyson's still scarier. Hell, he's the scariest dude I've ever seen.

Plus, haven't you ever noticed that Kimbo almost always has the reach advantage in his fights? Oftentimes, it isn't even close. That is not a coincidence.

I'm always skeptical of these video streetfights. They present themselves in the most positive light they can. Throw him into a fighting league, where he can't pick his rival, and I'm sure the story will change drastically.

JetLi'sFearless
03-22-2007, 10:53 PM
http://www.fcfighter.com/news

March 20, 2007
MERCER VS. KIMBO

Former Heavyweight Boxing Champ to Take on Kimbo Slice
By Jim Genia

Kimbo Slice - Photo courtesy of Joe Cavallaro
Kimbo
(March 30th, New York City ) “Merciless” Ray Mercer, a former WBO heavyweight boxing champ and gold medalist in the 1988 Olympics, will take on bare-knuckle boxing and Internet legend Kimbo Slice in a three-round exhibition bout utilizing professional MMA rules at the Ca ge Fury Fighting Championship 5 show, said matchmaker Gary Marino today. Dubbed “Brawl at the Hall”, CFFC 5 will take place on June 16th at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey .

“I’m very, very excited,” said Marino. “I’ve been working on trying to get Kimbo a fight for the last year. He’s a great draw, and he’s got a huge following for his fights.” Marino added: “Ray Mercer was at the Cage Fury Fighting Championship 3 show and speculated that he’d like to try [MMA], and he called me a couple weeks ago asking me to get him a fight. It’s perfect for both guys, for their style and who they are. Kimbo’s a big banger and so is Mercer.”

Known for their heavy-hands and raw power, this will be the first time either man has fought under full MMA rules – though Slice purportedly has been training in the sport for some time now at Miami ’s Freestyle Fighting Academy . However, the former boxing champ, who lost his WBO belt to Wladimir Klitschko in 2002 before stepping into the ring for Japan’s K-1 promotion in 2004 and 2005, will likely enter the cage ready to defend the takedown should the need arise. Said Marino: “Ray Mercer told me he has a bit of a wrestling background, and he’s aware Kimbo has been training down in Florida . He’s been talking about MMA for a while now… so he’ll be prepared.”

With this bout, Mercer will become the highest-profile boxer to have taken the MMA plunge. “It’s very, very intriguing. I think it’s a fantastic fight,” said Marino. “Ray Mercer is definitely going to be the hardest hitter Kimbo has ever faced… I think if they both stand in front of each other, someone is definitely going to get knocked out.”

SanHeChuan
03-23-2007, 12:04 AM
though Slice purportedly has been training in the sport for some time now at Miami ’s Freestyle Fighting Academy.

Sooo... Kimbo is a Martial artist. ;)

Well maybe not an artist so much as a Martialist. :p

JetLi'sFearless
03-23-2007, 12:50 AM
If I fought him id use kicks.

SanHeChuan
03-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Yeah... you should do that. :rolleyes:

JetLi'sFearless
03-23-2007, 01:04 AM
his rules wouldnt allow it though, and its funny when he start slosing he resorts to tackling ppl.

rogue
03-23-2007, 03:30 AM

And we can dress each one differently. There'd be a kung fu 7, an OG 7, a emo 7; the combinations are endless.:D

Judge Pen
03-23-2007, 03:57 AM
yea, I've read Ayoob...still, I dunno...and I like the Hydrashok's as well.

when I used to have a 12ga I'd load 6 rounds Bird, 00, Slug, Bird, 00, slug

i figured that if the sound of the slide didn't stop them then they got 1 'get out of jail free card' with the birdshot and then the 00 and the slug to finish if they weren't all the way down. :D

I hadn't thought of the loading sequence like that. I don't know, though, If I have to shoot, then I'd rather feel confident it would stop the guy cold first.

Oso
03-23-2007, 04:31 AM
I hadn't thought of the loading sequence like that. I don't know, though, If I have to shoot, then I'd rather feel confident it would stop the guy cold first.

if he's within the distance of a room the birdshot is still grouped about chest size.

one of the things about the shotgun is supposedly you can load all birdshot for use inside a house and still get the knockdown power w/o wall penetration.

MasterKiller
03-23-2007, 06:06 AM
What about rock salt?

Can you buy rock salt shot, or do you have to make it yourself?

SevenStar
03-23-2007, 10:18 AM

I think several of us could beat or at least hang with several of them. I dunno about kimbo tho...

SevenStar
03-23-2007, 10:21 AM
who's his brother?

If what I'm told is accurate, olympic judoka rhadi ferguson

Black Jack II
03-23-2007, 10:37 AM
I heard his brother is a boxer and that is where he got some of his punching from.

Actually I just looked it up, this is what I found. He is the cousin of boxer Emmanuel Augustus.

Have no idea who his bro is.

GuSpeed
03-23-2007, 02:11 PM
sanhechuan....

good point... FOr some reason I thought most people were his weight.

SevenStar
03-23-2007, 04:16 PM
sanhechuan....

good point... FOr some reason I thought most people were his weight.

of the posters on this thread, both oso and I are. not sure about the others

Oso
03-23-2007, 04:24 PM
ok, I'll be your second.

in other words...'you first' :p

Oso
03-23-2007, 04:28 PM
What about rock salt?

Can you buy rock salt shot, or do you have to make it yourself?

not sure. cheaperthandirt sells rubber 00 I think

If what I'm told is accurate, olympic judoka rhadi ferguson

ahh, ok...another big azz dude.

for some reason, the beard probably, Kimbo makes me think of him as Sumerian.

PangQuan
03-23-2007, 04:39 PM
if he shaves his beard....he will lose

ammocase
04-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Jorge the guy who won the second fight, man i wanted him to get his ass beat, he reminds me of a guy that i really want to fight, he even sounds like him, even shaped like him. I should head out there an fight that guy myself, this video brought unwanted memorries back lol...

Ughhh im going to do for a form or something to cool down...

An Kimbo fought a MMA once an got his ass beat

Mega-Foot
05-02-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't know what has you guys so fooled. These fights look choreographed to me.

IronFist
06-05-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm told this is the newest Kimbo fight. I apologize if it's a repost or not a new fight. I'm at work so I can't actually watch the vid, but I can post the link:

http://www.psfights.com/fight-video-1696.htm

Here's a rehost if that link is blocked at your work:

http://www.4get2.com/2007/06/fights_kimbo_slice_vs_chico.php

Wait, I watched part of that second link. It is a new fight, or at least I haven't seen it before.

I hear he's actually supposed to be UFC soon, for real this time. Is this true?

MasterKiller
06-05-2007, 09:36 AM
I liked it better when I posted it last night.

Ponytail just signed with Bodog.

SevenStar
06-05-2007, 09:40 AM
I hear he's actually supposed to be UFC soon, for real this time. Is this true?

No. However, he is scheduled to fight ray mercer in cffc - I think next month.

Former UFC heavyweight paul buentello wants to fight him, but nothing has been solidified yet, as he's now in a contract with some other fight venue.

PangQuan
06-05-2007, 10:07 AM
june 23rd i think

kimbo had the combos on that guy, the other guy was only throwing single punches......which do nothing.

Takuan
06-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Keep us posted on when an official mma fight is gonna go on with kimbo in the ring. I remember last time Kimbo's posse got mighty ****ed when Mercer threw a knee :rolleyes:

PangQuan
06-05-2007, 10:38 AM
second link:

cffc advertisement is at the beginning of the vid.

Saturday June23rd 10 pm

banditshaw
06-05-2007, 11:43 AM
My source in Las Vegas told me he is training at Couture's Gym in Vegas.

With some ground game and top conditioning he could be quite a scary prospect.

PangQuan
06-05-2007, 11:54 AM
h3ll, Kimbo's beard alone scares me :eek:

Oso
06-05-2007, 07:24 PM
My source in Las Vegas told me he is training at Couture's Gym in Vegas.

With some ground game and top conditioning he could be quite a scary prospect.

caveats first:

kimbo would beat my ass.

I really like and respect the fact that in all the fights where his opponents stood up and took it straight, he helps them up and congratulates them on trying and hugs them and shiat. that's cool and to me is a large part of wu de.

it seems as if a lot of the posturing and bs smack talking is disappearing from what we see online. that's cool too.

but, to try to examine what it is he does:

he basically boxes. no clinching or grabbing/holding to punch is allowed, right? you see the 'ref' splitting them apart a lot.

no knees. no throwing.

maybe he is training at Couture's Gym but how good a shape is he really in?

conditioning being a large factor of fighting a ring match.

wiz cool c
06-06-2007, 03:25 AM
Mercer vs Kimbo is it going to be a MMA match or boxing match?

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-06-2007, 08:44 AM
new to me.

kimbo didnt seem as patient in this fight as he is in his others.

AmanuJRY
06-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Mercer vs Kimbo is it going to be a MMA match or boxing match?

I believe it's being billed as mma, but as both appear to mostly box, I imagine it will mostly be a boxing match with Mercer most likely to throw other stuff in.;)

Add: On March 21, 2007, Cage Fury announced that Mercer had signed to face underground street fighter and Internet legend Kimbo Slice at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall on June 23, 2007 as part of Cage Fury Fighting Championship 5. This will be a sanctioned match under the New Jersey Unified MMA rules. Both fighters will earn a $50,000 purse, with the winner receiving a $25,000 bonus and another $10,000 for a knockout.

PangQuan
06-07-2007, 10:25 AM
85k for a winner by KO.....im betting they box going for that extra 10k is worth not going to the ground.

AmanuJRY
06-07-2007, 10:53 AM
As far as Kimbo in the UFC, I highly doubt it. The one guy who beat Kimbo, Sean Gannon, was signed to the UFC and got ko'd in his debut match and has a record of 1-1-0. :eek:

That fight is hard to find and was only streamed for a short period of time. I remember Gannon using a standing guillotine and some knees and Kimbo and his crew accused him of cheating. Kimbo doesn't post this fight with his others which can be viewed here (BEWARE, adult material is advertised on this website) (http://www.sublimedirectory.com/fights/fights.htm).

GeneChing
10-21-2016, 09:19 AM
...I'm posting this here because this is the biggest one (I just merged a few, but those were already pretty big).

There's a vid

Kevin 'Baby Slice' Ferguson Jr. looks to continue late father's legacy (http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/17840907/kevin-ferguson-jr-son-kimbo-slice-ready-carve-own-legacy-bellator-debut-mma)
3:02 PM PT
Eric Tamiso ESPN.com

The first thing you notice about Kevin Ferguson Jr. is the strong resemblance to his father. He hits hard like him, too, and has a look in his eye that displays the fire and emotion that made his father, legendary street fighter Kimbo Slice, so memorable.

Slice died in June at the age of 42, and now his son is ready to make his own impact in the world of mixed martial arts.

Bellator 162: Shlemenko vs. Grove
Where: FedEx Forum, Memphis, Tennessee
When: Friday
TV: Spike TV/ESPN Deportes/ESPN3, 9 p.m. ET

Ferguson, 23, nicknamed "Baby Slice," will make his pro debut Friday at Bellator 162 (9 p.m. ET, Spike TV/ESPN Deportes/ESPN3) in Memphis, Tennessee, in a welterweight bout against fellow newcomer Rick Bing. The platform marks a fitting beginning to the start of a pro MMA career for the son of Kimbo Slice -- aka Kevin Ferguson -- whose legacy was ultimately built upon his ability to draw eyeballs to everything he did.

"I am doing this for the fans that are watching and everything, but at the same time I'm really not doing it for them -- I'm doing it for me," Ferguson told ESPN.com. "I'm ready to go in and get that W."

The younger Slice first wanted to become a fighter at age 16 after seeing his dad fight, along with watching videos of boxing greats Roy Jones Jr. and Mike Tyson. It wasn't until Ferguson's first amateur bout in March, however, that he knew this was something he could do for a living.

http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0607%2Fr90193_1296x729_16% 2D9.jpg&w=570
Kimbo Slice, whose son Kevin "Baby Slice" Ferguson Jr. makes his pro debut on Friday at Bellator 162, died in June at the age of 42. Robert Laberge/Getty Images

Ferguson trained jiu-jitsu for a full year before working on his stand-up skills. For the two weeks leading up to his amateur debut, he limited his workout to a Healthtrax gym with a personal trainer. Pushing a sled and doing situps, the focus was on cardio with no fight technique being drilled. It turns out he didn't need jiu-jitsu, or much cardio for that matter, as the fight ended in 83 seconds, with another quick knockout being added to the family ledger.

"It's definitely genetics; not everybody has knockout power," Ferguson said. "Some people hit hard, but they don't have that knockout power, so I definitely inherited that from my pops, for sure."

Ferguson's amateur debut, which took place at a Polynesian restaurant in Chicopee, Massachusetts, for a local promotion, soon hit the internet and became a sensation, garnering over 1.6 million views on YouTube to date. Shortly after, he received a phone call from his father to discuss the young fighter's next move.

"He was telling me that Bellator had interest," Ferguson said. "I had to think about it a little bit. I trained with ATT [American Top Team] for a month in Coconut Creek [Florida]. Then I made that decision -- we all made that decision together -- that yeah, this is what I wanted to do. It was my decision, but I made it with my dad -- we did it together."

Three months later, the elder Slice died suddenly due to heart failure, just four months after his final bout with Bellator.

Ferguson, whose debut will come on Friday's preliminary card, doesn't have any specific plans to honor his father; he says he's saving that for when he gets promoted to the main card.

"I'm still dealing with [the loss] every day. It ain't something you just get over," he said. "I just know that I'm continuing a legacy. I wouldn't mind fighting in his shadow. I wouldn't mind that at this point. That's OK with me."

Ferguson originally was scheduled to make his pro debut in August at Bellator 160, but a freak accident in training while working on his takedown defense caused an MCL injury that forced him off the card. Going through his first serious training camp, Ferguson calls the injury a "blessing in disguise" because he was learning so much about pushing himself in camp.

Now armed with greater understanding of what it takes to compete as a pro, Ferguson has continued training with The Body Shop in California alongside fellow Bellator prospects A.J. McKee and Joey Davis, whom Ferguson credits for keeping his focus and dedication on the sport.

"They push me, A.J. and Joey, those guys push me to the limits," said Ferguson. "I'd be wanting to give up sometimes and they're like, 'No, there ain't no giving up, let's go.'"

He may look and punch like his father, but Ferguson is his own man with his own style in the cage. Fighting at welterweight, as opposed to heavyweight, he describes himself as a faster and more athletic fighter than his father, with a better ground game. With the expectations of a famous nickname and having many eyes on your early fights, one could easily expect nerves to be a bigger battle than the fight itself for Ferguson, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

"There's really no emotions for me," he said. "I zone out. I go into a whole other zone. I don't hear the crowd. All I see is my opponent, just getting a W, my hand raised at the end of the night. No matter if it comes by submission or knockout [or] TKO. As long as I get that W, I'm happy."

GeneChing
04-16-2018, 09:01 AM
Forgive me, but the moniker Baby Slice immediately makes me think of Emma Bunton. :o

Kimbo Slice's Son Baby Slice Picked Up Record-Breaking Victory at Bellator 197 (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770489-kimbo-slices-son-baby-slice-picked-up-record-breaking-victory-at-bellator-197)
BRIAN OSWALD
APRIL 14, 2018

The 112
@_THE112 (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770489-kimbo-slices-son-baby-slice-picked-up-record-breaking-victory-at-bellator-197)
Quickest Submission in Bellator MMA history

Baby Slice#Bellator197

6:13 PM - Apr 13, 2018
72 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
For Kevin "Baby Slice" Ferguson Jr., competing as a professional mixed martial artist must come with a bevy of emotions.

His father, Kimbo Slice, would become one of the most iconic fighters in the history of the sport before his untimely death in 2016 at just 42 years of age.

At the same time, the son can carry his father's spirit with him into the cage.

On Friday the 13th at Bellator 197 at The Family Arena in St. Charles, Missouri, Baby Slice won in dominant fashion—just not in the way most might expect given his father's proclivity for knocking his opponents out cold.

Ferguson Jr. broke the record for the fastest submission in Bellator MMA's history—just 34 seconds into the first round.

While the jury is still out on just how good of a fighter Ferguson Jr. might blossom into, seeing him follow in his father's footsteps is something you can't help but smile about. Ferguson Jr. was all smiles at the post-fight presser, which you can watch here.