PDA

View Full Version : CLF Sifu

HSCLFCPA
03-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Has anyone heard of Sifu Ngan Cho Keong and know what his reputation is like?

Sifu Ngan Cho Keong's grandfather was Ngan Yiu Ting (3rd inheritor from Chan Heung's CLF) who learned CLF from Chan Koon Pak (2nd inheritor and son of founder Chan Heung). Ngan Yiu Ting and Chan Yiu Chi (Chan Koon Pak's son and 3rd inheritor) were classmates and their families were close.

Ngan Yiu Ting and Chan Yiu Chi passed their CLF down to their sons, respectively, Ngan Wan Lung and Chan Wan Hon, both 4th inheritors of Chan Heung's CLF.

Ngan Wan Lung and Chan Wan Hon passed their CLF down to their sons, respectively, Ngan Cho Keong and the famous Chan Yung Fa of Australia, both 5th inheritors of Chan Heung's CLF.

:)

chasincharpchui
03-29-2007, 05:47 AM
well havent u answered ur own question?

or is this another scam to get ppl to start talking bout him?

HSCLFCPA
03-29-2007, 08:51 AM
I was just asking and did not want to start anything. Let's just drop the topic.

Fu-Pow
03-29-2007, 10:37 AM
From what I've seen he's not so good. Having a lineage is no guarantee that you
know anything.

specialed
03-29-2007, 05:29 PM
know anything.

We all saw your fight video. You have no basis to judge who's good and who's not.

Lama Pai Sifu
03-30-2007, 05:58 AM
know anything.

Is there video of him online???

iron_silk
03-30-2007, 10:34 AM
We all saw your fight video. You have no basis to judge who's good and who's not.

actually anybody can judge...it is an ability different from performing/executing

whether he's right or not...that's something else

iron_silk
03-30-2007, 10:36 AM

We all haven't seen a video of your fight. You have no basis to judge who's good and who's not good to judge who's good and who's not. :D ha ha ha jk

hskwarrior
03-30-2007, 11:41 AM
the guy teaches at # 8 old chinatown lane is SF. He is a nice guy. His uniforms are usually green. I've watched he and his students perform at Tai Chi in the Park annual celebrations.

as far as i know, his schools pretty quiet. not out in the public too much.

but yeah this is the guy you are talking about.

PangQuan
03-30-2007, 01:55 PM
actually anybody can judge...it is an ability different from performing/executing

whether he's right or not...that's something else

precisely. i can tell a good dancer from a bad dancer but i cant dance at all.

i can tell a good singer from a bad singer, yet i cant sing at all.

observation is different from execution.

CLFNole
03-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Yes this is all true but how you dance won't tell someone how you fight. I don't know this sifu and whether he is good or not but you can't completely judge a person from a "form" performance you have seen. Personally I feel if a sifu performs it should look fairly good but some people are just not good performers; however they could be very good at fighting and useage of techniques. It all goes back to judging a book by its cover.

I always find it comical how people on this site put down others so easily from behind a computer. But whatever it's the society we live in now.

Fu-Pow
03-30-2007, 06:30 PM

Well we DIDN'T see your fight video and so you have no basis to comment.

And I DO have this guy on video and I WILL put the video on youtube so all can judge.

Would you guys like that?

FP

CLFNole
03-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Would watching 1 form really tell us how good his kung fu is? I don't know if it's good or bad but if we don't study with the guy on a consistent basis who really knows? I agree with you about people getting caught up with names, it's rather stupid because although someone's grandfather could have been a top notch kung fu man his grand kid might have two left feet and zero talent but people will get caught up in the name.

I wouldn't mind seeing the video but I will hold judgement for myself as it really doesn't do any good putting things out about a sifu online.

Fu-Pow
03-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Would watching 1 form really tell us how good his kung fu is? I don't know if it's good or bad but if we don't study with the guy on a consistent basis who really knows? I agree with you about people getting caught up with names, it's rather stupid because although someone's grandfather could have been a top notch kung fu man his grand kid might have two left feet and zero talent but people will get caught up in the name.

I wouldn't mind seeing the video but I will hold judgement for myself as it really doesn't do any good putting things out about a sifu online.

In this case its pretty obvious. I'll put it up in the near future.

bigdoing
03-31-2007, 05:12 PM
He is good. I've been to his school twice. Once with a group of guys from my school and our teacher and once by myself to say hello when I was visiting SF.

He is good, in my opinion. The second time I visited by my self I was looking at his weapons rack, he made all of his weapons....he insisted I pick up a heavy ass nine ring broad sword he cast, I did my best to do a form, it was heavy.

He did a form next to show me up, and it was clean and tight.

I think he is my my sifus cousin if I remember correctly. Hes a really nice guy and does herbal therapy as well.

peace
bryan.

HSCLFCPA
03-31-2007, 10:59 PM
Thanks. I actually met him too. His students look good and from a glimpse of a move he was showing his student, Sifu Ngan looks good too. But, I am no judge of talent.

However, Sifu Ngan is definitely a sincere person and friendly person.

:)

jdhowland
04-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I'd be interested to know if anyone on the forum knows any of Ngan Cho Keong's students. When his website was up I corresponded briefly with a student named Barry. I am from the Ho Ngau lineage and Ngan Yiu Ting was my Sigung. Thanks.

Charn Fu Gerk
04-02-2007, 06:53 AM
What's with the ignore list?
Trying to stir up more hate mail or something?

I find it hilarious that you never had the courage to answer to Buck Sing Gwoon's challenge a few months back (Being a student of H2H combat as you claim to be!) and now you have the audacity to use his name along with countless others in your "Ignore list" like you're of some importance to the martial world.

Why attempt to create friction when everybody on this board (Past and present) has already witnessed what you're like in the face of adversity?

Fu-Pow
04-02-2007, 08:18 AM
What's with the ignore list?
Trying to stir up more hate mail or something?

I find it hilarious that you never had the courage to answer to Buck Sing Gwoon's challenge a few months back (Being a student of H2H combat as you claim to be!) and now you have the audacity to use his name along with countless others in your "Ignore list" like you're of some importance to the martial world.

Why attempt to create friction when everybody on this board (Past and present) has already witnessed what you're like in the face of adversity?

FYI, the ignore list is a great tool on this board because you don't have to interact with people that you have no interest in interacting with. What that means that when I log into the forum I never see your posts again...ever. Now, I could just put people on ignore list and leave it at that, but being the courteous person that I am I let them know that they are on ignore so they don't pointlessly fritter away their lives trying to interact with me when I'll never ever see their posts....ya dig?

So for example, somebody who's first post on this forum is a retarded personal attack on me over something that a normal person would have long moved on from..... is somebody I don't want to interact with......so what I'm really saying is........ goodbye. :eek:

FP

P.S. If don't like what I write then you are welcome to put me on ignore as well.

Ciao.

iron_silk
04-02-2007, 02:09 PM
He is good. I've been to his school twice. Once with a group of guys from my school and our teacher and once by myself to say hello when I was visiting SF.

He is good, in my opinion. The second time I visited by my self I was looking at his weapons rack, he made all of his weapons....he insisted I pick up a heavy ass nine ring broad sword he cast, I did my best to do a form, it was heavy.

He did a form next to show me up, and it was clean and tight.

I think he is my my sifus cousin if I remember correctly. Hes a really nice guy and does herbal therapy as well.

peace
bryan.

made his own weapons???

that sounds so cool....you wouldn't happen to have some pics of these weapons would you?

Thanks in advance.

bigdoing
04-02-2007, 05:53 PM
I might have a few pictures, I have to check. There regular prints, so the best I could do is take a picture with my digital camera of them since I dont have a scanner.

Give me a few days to find them.

Your in vancouver right? Whos club do you practice under?

iron_silk
04-03-2007, 09:11 AM
I might have a few pictures, I have to check. There regular prints, so the best I could do is take a picture with my digital camera of them since I dont have a scanner.

Give me a few days to find them.

Your in vancouver right? Whos club do you practice under?

I practiced CLF 20 years ago under Grandmaster Wong Ha. At that time was just a little kid and didnt' really care much for kung fu.

although I still practice some of the old stuff that I can remember (most I have forgotten) I am now learning Northern Shaolin style.

Thank you for going through the trouble and I can't wait to see the pics.

chasincharpchui
04-05-2007, 03:47 AM
FYI, the ignore list is a great tool on this board because you don't have to interact with people that you have no interest in interacting with. What that means that when I log into the forum I never see your posts again...ever. Now, I could just put people on ignore list and leave it at that, but being the courteous person that I am I let them know that they are on ignore so they don't pointlessly fritter away their lives trying to interact with me when I'll never ever see their posts....ya dig?

So for example, somebody who's first post on this forum is a retarded personal attack on me over something that a normal person would have long moved on from..... is somebody I don't want to interact with......so what I'm really saying is........ goodbye. :eek:

FP

P.S. If don't like what I write then you are welcome to put me on ignore as well.

Ciao.

You are a disgrace to ur sifu and ur lineage
he should revoke ur rank as instructor

CLFNole
04-05-2007, 07:31 AM
I don't think he does CLF anymore.