PDA

View Full Version : original kungfu

bonthan
03-31-2007, 01:01 AM
Hey, where can i find the original 72 moves of old Kung fu? i tried to google but could not find any... My dad says that only those first 72 moves are really worth learning, cuz he learned those when he was young but i think those moves are lost right now, even my dad could not remember all of them. And there WERE NOT any fancy flying kicks or jumping in those 72 moves!!! Anyone know where can i find all of them?
Schools these days only teach something like praying mantis and other bull****s, I WANT THE ORIGINAL!!!

Royal Dragon
03-31-2007, 02:19 AM
If you are talking Shaolin, you need to talk to Sal Canzioneri.

Shaolin has a number of forms known as Louhan and or Hong Quan. They are from 18, 32/36 moves long, to 54, 72 or 108 Moves long. Depending on the forms.

It's more than just 72 techniques, there is a whole ancient system that is known as either Louhan, Hong Quan or Rou Quan. There is also Pao Chui that is really old too.

I think the Rou Quan is the oldest, and containes all the core Shaolin techniques that the others are built on. That is probably the forms you are looking for.

You can also buy the Tagou text books form the store at the top of the page. It has the 72 Shaolin techniques shown with two men so you can see the application.

There is 108 move demo two man form in there as well as two man weapons sets shown. The diagrams are clear enough to work the techniques out if you have a good training partner.

golden arhat
03-31-2007, 05:22 AM
Schools these days only teach something like praying mantis and other bull****s, I WANT THE ORIGINAL!!!

?????????????????????????????????????????????
how did you get so stupid ?

so all schools teach mantis and bullsh!t ?
????????????????????????????????????????????
there are so many things wrong with what you said

1 why is praying mantis bad ?
2 if u dont kniow these 72 moves how do you know everything else is bad ?( oh wait YOUR DAD, great teacher you got there)
3 if only these 72 moves are worth learning then by definition everything all CMA or all martial arts every where are worthless right ?

sure the 72 moves are probably worth learning
but to say stuff like that is just plain dumb

Royal Dragon
03-31-2007, 05:43 AM
Being of Shaolin influance, I'd be willing to bet the *72* are in Mantis anyway.

He's got his answer, all he has to do is buy all 5 of the Tagou texts from the store banner at the top of the page.

He will wake up when he gets past the age of 14, or crosses hands with a mantis player.

I could tell him whitch one has the techniques he's looking for, but I think in his case making him buy all five and searching through page by page is in order.

Royal Dragon
03-31-2007, 06:01 AM
Also, the 72 Shaolin techniques are found spread around in the following books,

64 leg attacks of Shaolin Kung Fu

24 Running foot strokes.

12 fatal leg attacks

illistrated Shaolin grappling

18 Arhat Methods of Shaolin Temple.

All 72 techniques are spread between these 4 books, plus a lot more solid direct fighting techniques. The explanations are clearer than Tagou, but the Tagou series has them all in one place, in order.

I recomend getting the Tagou series first, and then the rest of the books.

You and your Dad will be able to work on them together. I am sure these manuals will jog his memory.

Oso
03-31-2007, 06:05 AM
I am sure these manuals will jog his memory.

or not.......

neilhytholt
03-31-2007, 10:14 AM

Your dad didn't say what style his 'original' 72 moves came from?

bonthan
03-31-2007, 10:33 AM
he said that's the original, before kungfu was divided into northern and southern!!
Oh and i take back what i said about mantis kungfu and other bull****s, cuz i searched yesterday for those 72 moves and i found most of them has praying mantis in there, i was like "WTF??", cuz my dad never did mention something like praying mantis, for it wasnt there when he learned kung fu.:D

golden arhat
03-31-2007, 11:48 AM
yeh fine
buy the tagou books that should tell you all you need to know and stop u from making stupid statements like u did b4
and eventually collecting this form and this technique and this style etc will just seem pointless
and u will wisen up

until then think before u speak

TenTigers
03-31-2007, 12:05 PM
man, why do you believe all this crap? Sure, it was written many years ago in some of the "earlier" books published(meaning to the public) that there were "origianally 72 movements". However, realize this-if this were true, these movements would be the most basic,rudimentary,lowest level, unrefined techniqes. If this is BEFORE it branched off, then it is also before many years of constant refinement, development, and improvement, by many warriors, experienced fighters, and masters.
Older is not always better. Older forms of surgery are not better than what we have now.
Older forms of protecting oneself from radiation are not better.
Older planes are not better.
Older women are certainly not better.
also older milk.
Some parts of older women might actually smell like older milk....
but I digress...
It would be better to find a real teacher, of a real style, and put in some real training.-if you want real skill, that is.

SaintSage
03-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Please be more forgiving to the young man. His heart is in the right place (or he's a Troll who has created an entire personalitly merely to antagonize us, I'm not sure yet...) he just needs a little help finding his way. I took what my father said (an 8th Dan in Hap Ki Do) as the Gospel as well when I was his age. (Thankfully, my father knew what he was talking about most of the time...) Attacking him isn't going to help. He's not stupid, just misguided.

golden arhat
03-31-2007, 01:23 PM
sorry
i know he is misguided
i'll be nicer from now on

he still shouldnt run his mouth though
thats just begging for trouble

Ravenshaw
03-31-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm fairly certain this is a troll attempt. Seems to be working. But troll or not, it at least shows us how ridiculous it is to advocate the old just because it's old. The sentiment that the older, original stuff is better is pretty common in CMA. It's a big part of the mystique that attracts a lot of students. You know, ancient wisdom and all that.

CMA is not the same today as it was 1,500 years ago, nor should it be. If we all stuck to the original, we'd have far fewer styles and variations - and that variety is part of the fun in studying kung fu. The antiquity of wrestling and boxing shouldn't need to be mentioned.

Ten Tigers really hit it on the head, I think. Age has very little to do with practical value. Cultural value? Absolutely. Historical value? Definitely. Entertainment value? Certainly seems that way for many kung fu fans around the world. But throughout CMA oral history, we have many stories of people cross-training to absorb what is effective. Almost every style's genesis story sounds something like that, doesn't it? Master/Group A took styles X, Y, and Z and created style Omega out of the best parts of each. Jow Gar, Choy Li Fut, Wing Chun, etc. How many styles trace their roots back 400 years or less?

My point is that no style is really "pure" so we're not necessarily diluting it by allowing influence of other methods to come in. Would any of you honestly think that san da fighters didn't adapt according to their fights with Thai boxers, and vice versa? But the OP makes that basic presumptive mistake: distill all of kung fu to find the oldest, original, purest, uncut "truth."

Oso
03-31-2007, 02:33 PM
i'm voting troll.

BruceSteveRoy
03-31-2007, 03:10 PM
darn it i was hoping this was a thread about an original kung fu style. 72 moves? praying mantis? that doesnt sound very original. hedgehog style now thats original. or flopping fish style. or the great (but smelly) style hu flung pu.

now i command you all to start being original and make up a new style.

hopefully i can officially deem this thread hijacked.

Kung Pao
03-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Skeet kune do?

Oh....that's just gross.....

Kung Pao
03-31-2007, 03:33 PM
How about White Lygar?

You know, half tiger, half lion.....famed for its magical powers. It's pretty much my favorite animal.

neilhytholt
03-31-2007, 03:44 PM
The most ironic thing is this kid's so young that he makes it sound like the 72 moves might have been lost since his dad took martial arts.

Not like they weren't lost or modified in the 1000 or so years after their invention or something, just in the 20-30 years or whatever since his dad forgot them.

TenTigers
03-31-2007, 03:58 PM
I always wondered why there aren't styles created after different animals.
A badger, or wolverine is a dangerous little beast. Or a mongoose.
or jellifish-nasty lil buggers they are, or a halibut....ok, maybe not a halibut

TenTigers
03-31-2007, 03:59 PM
or a bunny. with sharp pointy teeth and a mean streak a mile wide...

msg
03-31-2007, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=golden arhat;749903]?????????????????????????????????????????????
how did you get so stupid ?

so all schools teach mantis and bullsh!t ?
????????????????????????????????????????????
there are so many things wrong with what you said

1 why is praying mantis bad ?
2 if u dont kniow these 72 moves how do you know everything else is bad ?( oh wait YOUR DAD, great teacher you got there)

how do young people get so rude ..ya i forgot hes been training for such a long time

Kung Pao
03-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Arent' there 72 qui na techs in Hua Quan?

Royal Dragon
03-31-2007, 06:00 PM

Reply]
Why make up something new? Caveasaurus Combat is the oldest style, and it still exists. In fact I am a living Black Pelt Grandmaster of the style myself. It is the original prehysterical fighting style. I know all 4 original Caveasaurus combat moves!

neilhytholt
03-31-2007, 06:19 PM

Reply]
Why make up something new? Caveasaurus Combat is the oldest style, and it still exists. In fact I am a living Black Pelt Grandmaster of the style myself. It is the original prehysterical fighting style. I know all 4 original Caveasaurus combat moves!

If you consider what scientists think of as the oldest form of life, which is the single cell organism or amoeba, then probably emitting some sort of chemical compound as repellent to ward off another amoeba would probably be the oldest form of martial art.

lkfmdc
03-31-2007, 06:28 PM
The whole 72 are secret but I'll tell you the first six

1. smash his face with your left fist
2. smash his face with your right fist
3. kick his crotch with your left leg
4. kick his crtoch with your right leg
5. Stomp on his head after he falls
6. Stomp on his boday after he falls

good luck with finding the rest!

Royal Dragon
03-31-2007, 06:33 PM
Then oldest original martial art actually predated Ho-mo sapiens and comes form some sort of prehistorical primate that is unknown to today's science due to it's age being over 5 million years.

The system is intact today, and preserved by me, the worlds only living Black Pelt grand master (There is one other master...he posts on E-budo)
I hold nothing back, the entire system consist of.

1. Caveman punch.
2. Caveman Kick.
3. Prehysterical pounce.
4. Cave man club, the only known original weapon form. It is a short stick, or possibly a leftover thigh bone from a large animal that was the previous nite's dinner. It is consisting of one move, an over hand beating done repetedly with lots of yelling and angry grunting.

All that talk of 72 techniques is very modern, in the last 1500 years or there abouts...it's probably yonger than that. It's too fancy, and complicated...too much for a 340 CC sized brain to remember. That is why none of it works. The original system is still the best.

Here is a lineage chart of the styles oldest original masters.

http://www.onelife.com/evolve/manev.html#C

You will see the unknown founder passed his knowledge to
Ardipithicus ramidus around 5 million years ago.

neilhytholt
03-31-2007, 06:43 PM
1. Caveman punch.
2. Caveman Kick.
3. Prehysterical pounce.
4. Cave man club, the only known original weapon form, consisting of one move, an over hand beating done repetedly with lots of yelling and angry grunting.

Nah, I think you can figure out what the original system was by the fights that erupt spontaneously among people with absolutely no training.

There are two systems, the male and women systems.

Women system: grab hair, claw face, smack face, takedown and punch.
Male system: takedown and punch.

That's why MMA is so perfect for caveman types because it's what they do naturally already. All they have to add is a couple kicks and some grappling and they're good.

Royal Dragon
03-31-2007, 06:53 PM
You may very well be right. I don't know anything about prehysterical Women's fighting, Just the Cave*man*'s fighting.

The strategy is as follows;

Kick, Punch, Pounce... repeat untill opponent is dinner.

The club is only used if the opponent is bigger and stronger, or the club is convinenty in hand at the moment.

neilhytholt
03-31-2007, 06:54 PM
You may very well be right. I don't know anything about rehysterical Women's fighting, Just the Cavemen's. Kick, Punch, Pounce... repeat untill opponent is dinner.

Bam - bam.

Royal Dragon
03-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Now you've got it!!
I hearby promote you to Master of Caveasurus Combat.

Now, go to E-budo, and search out Yamatodamashii. He is the other Master I promoted in the mid 1990's.

Kung Pao
03-31-2007, 07:31 PM
If you consider what scientists think of as the oldest form of life, which is the single cell organism or amoeba, then probably emitting some sort of chemical compound as repellent to ward off another amoeba would probably be the oldest form of martial art.

Kind of like ****ing? You could get a phart master on the ground, sure....but the question is, would you really want to?

Royal Dragon
03-31-2007, 07:41 PM
eeewwwwweeee!!!

SevenStar
03-31-2007, 08:41 PM
the most effective style is one I learned - wun dum po ho. the hundred hand pimp slap, fool recognizes and smoking buddha palm are the most devastating techniques I have ever learned.

WinterPalm
03-31-2007, 08:46 PM
I've got those 72 originals. How much are they worth to you? Fifteen years in a Chinese gulag and several organs later, I got what I was looking for. I was willing to go that extra distance to get the original 78 moves. How important are they to you? And, more importantly, are you willing to go that extra distance for the original 76?

TenTigers
03-31-2007, 09:40 PM
I agree with the guys who named the first several prehistoric strikes. The rest of the 72 were created by women, and there is a lecture that accompanies each strike.

I would name them, but I'm just sick of fukin hearin them.

bonthan
04-01-2007, 12:11 AM
for those people who thought i am misguided by my dad, i took those comments into considerations for at most a few seconds, cuz i know that im not misguided.
Before kung fu was for self-defense, all effective but the moves dont look eye-catching at all. Then came the spur of Chinese movies, where characters delivered beautiful moves and gestures, as those Chinese movies became popular in Asia, kung fu masters develop more and more moves which is partly focus on the look of the moves but not the effectiveness of it so they can attract more students to earn more profit. I never doubt my dad's insight about kung fu because i knew him very well. He had me when he was just 20, even when he was in his 34,to me, his physical ability is only behind ONE person that is Bruce Lee. But since we move to US he started to gain more weight cuz he was eating what we could not afford back in Vietnam, he was 5'6'' and weight 130 lbs in Vietnam but he is about 160lbs here, but still he was a devastating fighter and he never lose a fight back in my country. So all i ask is that you guys give my old man a little respect, and stop saying stuffs like "misguided" and using sarcasms. To me, NO ONE is a better teacher!!!
Yeah and i did not expect u guys to believe what i typed, because no one can be compared to Bruce Lee, but seriously, my dad was undefeated.

SanHeChuan
04-01-2007, 12:28 AM
you are so neilhytholt!

neilhytholt
04-01-2007, 12:33 AM
what we could not afford back in Vietnam, he was 5'6'' and weight 130 lbs in Vietnam but he is about 160lbs here, but still he was a devastating fighter and he never lose a fight back in my country. So all i ask is that you guys give my old man a little respect, and stop saying stuffs like "misguided" and using sarcasms. To me, NO ONE is a better teacher!!!
Yeah and i did not expect u guys to believe what i typed, because no one can be compared to Bruce Lee, but seriously, my dad was undefeated.

Ahh, okay, so you are Vietnamese. I took the liberty of looking up your handle and that was one of two hypothesis as to who you were.

The thing is, there's not one original martial art with 72 moves. And if you're talking Shaolin, there's 72 moves talked about in several different systems, so like another guy was saying, Northern Praying Mantis or some other Shaolin influenced style might have those 72 moves in it.

Sal or one of these wushu scholars probably is your best bet to identify what those are.

But if you could find out from your Dad what style he studied that would help track down what you're talking about because even if they say it is from the 'original style', they might not agree on what those 72 moves were.

SanHeChuan
04-01-2007, 12:42 AM
You can't post your way out of this one you are caught!

Today 03:11 AM bonthan - reveals himself as Neil
Today 03:28 AM SanHeChuan - figures it out
Today 03:33 AM neilhytholt - conveniently tries to establish his separate identity minutes later.

neilhytholt
04-01-2007, 12:54 AM
You can't post your way out of this one you are caught!

Today 03:11 AM bonthan - reveals himself as Neil
Today 03:28 AM SanHeChuan - figures it out
Today 03:33 AM neilhytholt - conveniently tries to establish his separate identity minutes later.

Please, this is so old already. The mods can check IPs. I'm not bonthan.

Next you'll be accusing me of being Ralek or something.

golden arhat
04-01-2007, 01:38 AM

pepper spray fu

golden arhat
04-01-2007, 01:42 AM
for those people who thought i am misguided by my dad, i took those comments into considerations for at most a few seconds, cuz i know that im not misguided.
Before kung fu was for self-defense, all effective but the moves dont look eye-catching at all. Then came the spur of Chinese movies, where characters delivered beautiful moves and gestures, as those Chinese movies became popular in Asia, kung fu masters develop more and more moves which is partly focus on the look of the moves but not the effectiveness of it so they can attract more students to earn more profit. I never doubt my dad's insight about kung fu because i knew him very well. He had me when he was just 20, even when he was in his 34,to me, his physical ability is only behind ONE person that is Bruce Lee. But since we move to US he started to gain more weight cuz he was eating what we could not afford back in Vietnam, he was 5'6'' and weight 130 lbs in Vietnam but he is about 160lbs here, but still he was a devastating fighter and he never lose a fight back in my country. So all i ask is that you guys give my old man a little respect, and stop saying stuffs like "misguided" and using sarcasms. To me, NO ONE is a better teacher!!!
if hes so great tell him tell him to enter a no holds barred tournament then

ur basically reinforcing the fact that you are misguided

still stuck in that pre school mentality of "my dad is better than your dad" or "my dad is superman"

he isn't

sorry

lkfmdc
04-01-2007, 07:27 AM
His dad studied kung fu BEFORE it was divided into north and south, so how old is his dad 2700? :rolleyes:

The only fighter greater than his dad, BRUCE LEE :rolleyes: :cool:

I give this troll another day until he putters out... I give this whole effort a D-

Royal Dragon
04-01-2007, 07:36 AM
I agree with the guys who named the first several prehistoric strikes. The rest of the 72 were created by women, and there is a lecture that accompanies each strike.

I would name them, but I'm just sick of fukin hearin them.

Reply]
LOL!! THAT should go in one of my women's threads!!!

Reply]
Actually, allways thought Ralek was Gene Ching. Only Gene would have the writing skills to pull it off. I think Neil is Gene too though.

When I started posting the Ralek was Gene, Ralek dissapeared. So, if Neil is in fact Gene, he will dissapear as well. ;)

lkfmdc
04-01-2007, 07:47 AM
I've told you a few times before, Gene doesn't exist, he is just my trolling alias..... how else did I know 237 things about what he did on his birthday?

(of course, if Neil is Gene, and I am Gene, then I am Neil? :eek: Horrible, Too Horrible to Consider)

Meat Shake
04-01-2007, 07:52 AM
my dad IS superman.
Tights and all.
When I used to get in trouble as a child he would burn holes in my feet with his laser vision... I can barely walk now.

lkfmdc
04-01-2007, 07:55 AM
what about your mom?

BlueTravesty
04-01-2007, 08:26 AM

Reply]

Please! I studied Mammal-quan. Unlike you club-eating Caveasaurus thugs, our lineage comes from Grandmammoth Ugh who devised the style while watching a Sabertooth Tiger mistakenly try to copulate with a Mastodon. It's very direct and simple, and due to the copulation factor, there's a lot of ground-fighting. It's rather short on technique though- mostly because Grandmammoth Ugh sank into the tar pit with the Tiger and Mastodon before he could teach any more to his students. I think of him every time I fill my car at the gas station.

neilhytholt
04-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Somehow I don't think this guy is a troll given his handle, bonthan, because it is relatively rare and it seems to be mostly used around the Internet by a Vietnamese or Cambodian kid.

Plus, he's not me, and I am not Gene, and that eliminates two trolling possibilities. LOL

Royal Dragon
04-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Later generations of primitiave man extincted the Mammoths, with that new fangled super weapon...the spear!

The lines of Caveasaurus combat that have the spear are more modern, and not true to the simplicity and effectiveness of the original unaltered style though.

bonthan
04-01-2007, 11:54 AM
why my dad doesn't enter tournament?
1. He is in his late thirties
2. He doesnt speak English, i dont know how to sign him up either
Well, i asked u guys to gave him some respect but obviously u didn't then, what can i say?
Yes, the 72 moves was from Shaolin, but when he learned kung fu, there was not ****ing north or south! So get that **** in your minds. My dad is not superman, but u know what, he IS better than you, that's the fact, i dont have to stay here and argue, so go ahead and say what the **** you want, obviously i dont give a ****. I get really ****ed when some *****es talk all crap about my dad, cuz they never meet the man!
So in the future if i see any of you a tournament i'll show you that im not misguided.
End of discussion.

Royal Dragon
04-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Shaolin was devided into North and south hundreds, and hundreds of years ago. Your dad is wrong.

golden arhat
04-01-2007, 12:07 PM
2. He doesnt speak English, i dont know how to sign him up either
Well, i asked u guys to gave him some respect but obviously u didn't then, what can i say?
Yes, the 72 moves was from Shaolin, but when he learned kung fu, there was not ****ing north or south! So get that **** in your minds. My dad is not superman, but u know what, he IS better than you, that's the fact, i dont have to stay here and argue, so go ahead and say what the **** you want, obviously i dont give a ****. I get really ****ed when some *****es talk all crap about my dad, cuz they never meet the man!
So in the future if i see any of you a tournament i'll show you that im not misguided.
End of discussion.

1 so what
2 how does him not speakin english stop him from ebntering a competition and fighting ? and if u dont know how to sign him up TALK TO THE PROMOTERS or any other official at the tournament
3 why should we respect someone we havnt seen fight ?
4 your dad was around before the directions north and south were invented ? wow lol , and if you consider that most systems are about 400 years old and north and south were atound then that would make your dad pretty darn old lmao
5 your dad in all likelyhood is probably not as good as any of us its just your perception of him thats flawed
6obviously you do care what we say so why say that you dont ?
7 stop swearing
8 if i see you at a tournament (unlikely as we are in separate countries)
you are welcome to try and have a go
9 grow up

SanHeChuan
04-01-2007, 12:07 PM

I never let the truth get in the way of the facts! You just admited to being Ralek too!

bonthan
04-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Then just say he is wrong about that part, y attacking me?

lkfmdc
04-01-2007, 12:08 PM

STOP THE PRESSES, does Randy Couture know you aren't supposed to compete in your late thirties? How about Chuck Lidell and a PILE of other fighters fighting in their late thirties (and beyond)

2. He doesnt speak English,

LAME.... Anderson Silva, Cro Cop, Nogueira, Fedor, Sakuraba, Vanderlei, etc

IE THOUSANDS of Brazilians, Europeans, Russians, Japanese, Koreans, and others who dont' speak English seem to be able to compete....

Yes, the 72 moves was from Shaolin, but when he learned kung fu, there was not ****ing north or south! So get that **** in your minds.

Ah yes, that's right, there was a time before there was northern and southern Chinese, and that time was about 1500 years ago, when your dad was trainining :cool:

My dad is not superman, but u know what, he IS better than you, that's the fact,

No, he's batman :rolleyes:

"Fact" = your lame opinion since you don't know any of the people on here. Oh, wait, you're just a troll anyway, so why even take this seriously? :rolleyes:

You're going to compete? Fantastic. In what? forms? Weapons? Point sparring? Or perhaps something with contact like Muay Thai, San da, or MMA....

I give this a D-, a 0.05

FAIL

bonthan
04-01-2007, 12:10 PM
ok nevermind, im off this site from now on. thanks for all the helps earlier

lkfmdc
04-01-2007, 12:12 PM
ok nevermind, im off this site from now on. thanks for all the helps earlier

He's gone.... my guess is for a few days... a new screen name maybe.... anyone want to take bets....

Only Neil comes back with the same screen name, my bet, NEW SCREEN NAME, I say by the end of next week, Friday at the latest... I bet you a quarter, who will take up my challenge :p

golden arhat
04-01-2007, 12:24 PM
just by the tagou books and shut up till you actually know something

lkfmdc
04-01-2007, 12:25 PM
bonthan has to be the dumbest human being on the face of the earth.... He just emailed me this.....

"hey *****, since ur talking so tough, can you give me ur address? I almost got my permanent so i can go there and we can have test. Email the address to:
im.not.d@hotmail.com
Real address ok, cuz if i go there and cannot find you then i'll think you probably some big-mouthed coward.
Email as soon as possible."

Dear idiot, you might try following the links in my signature to find me. IE bozo, I am not hard to find, I run a full time school and pretty much the entire board knows who I am.

A point to consider, once you click on the link you might want to actually READ the info there, consider that I run a fighting school, train fighters, and have been doing this for like 20 years.

Perhaps your 7 months (resist temptation to laugh out loud) might not be up to making challenges.....

Perhaps dad wants to fight :rolleyes:

golden arhat
04-01-2007, 12:29 PM
hahhahaha i'm gonna roast him on msn

neilhytholt
04-01-2007, 12:39 PM
bonthan has to be the dumbest human being on the face of the earth.... He just emailed me this.....

Perhaps dad wants to fight :rolleyes:

He's obviously a kid. Either that or he's a good troll playing a kid.

Just google on bonthan. Some Vietnamese or Cambodian kid by that name is all over the Internet.

Kung Pao
04-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Who knows, maybe his dad's a real hoss?

Then again, he said all you need to know are 72 moves, and he doesn't remember them all. So......he doesn't even remember everything he needs to know....

:o :o :o :D :D :D :eek: :eek:

Royal Dragon
04-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Maybe he only remebers his favorite bread and butter ass kicking techniques?

Kung Pao
04-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Maybe he only butters his bread, and gets his ass kicked?

Royal Dragon
04-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Maybe, but you don't need 72 techniques to be a good fighter. You can do just fine with a dozen or so...if that even.

Kung Pao
04-01-2007, 04:14 PM
As I always tell people who ask what's the most effective technique, it's a jab. I don't care what MA anyone studies, the jab is the common factor. If I can master a jab that can keep someone at distance and KO him, I'm sure I'll be unstoppable.

Royal Dragon
04-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Jabs don't work against kickers

TenTigers
04-01-2007, 04:46 PM
ok, cut the kid some slack. I think what he meant to say is his dad learned before there were MOVIES about the north and south Shaolin. If he's in his late thirties, and those movies didn't come out until the late seventies....right? Right?
The other side of the coin is...anyone who has trained long enough, and especially those who have schools, have encountered those guys...the ones who have the story, such as they trained Ninjutsu at a Shaolin Temple in Guam, or they learned a secret assasin's style from an old Chinese man they met...um, in Guam, or they were in a special forces unit-so secret that there's no record of it, and learned all the secret deadly death strikes..while stationed in, um...Guam....

SevenStar
04-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Jabs don't work against kickers

yeah they do. I use them all the time. we used to have a tkd blackbelt and my jab gave him fits.

msg
04-01-2007, 05:39 PM
most of you guys are *******s who think the real kung fu artist .some body ask about something and you give him **** and talk bad about his dad ..its most of the young ones who think they know somthing .and in fact they realy dont know **** ...so why dont people on here show a little consideration to people ..your giveing martial arts a bad name you

Royal Dragon
04-01-2007, 05:54 PM
yeah they do. I use them all the time. we used to have a tkd blackbelt and my jab gave him fits.

Reply]
Legs are longer than arms. Unless the fight is more in close quarters, the kicker will win because the guy with the jab cannot get close enough to him.

Now, if you can rush him and get inside, then you are going to be the winner.

So I guess it really depends on what range is being controlled by whom.

I suppose I should have thought that out a bit more before I commented.

SevenStar
04-01-2007, 06:14 PM
not only that,but arms are faster than legs. multiple jabs can throw their timing and rhythm off. in the case of this particular guy, as he would slide up to kick I would shuffle out of his range and as he rechambered, move in with a jab/cross combo.

and I am talking about lead leg kicks. the jab will definitely be faster than a rear leg kick and possibly equal length.

Kung Pao
04-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Kicks can be lightning quick, in themselves, but they require weight shifts and stances that telegraph them. You can usually counter a kick before it even happens if you're good at reading these things. I love round kicks. Most people freeze and block, or raise a leg to take the hit. It's better to rotate immediately in the direction of hte kick, when you see that weight shift forward onto the front leg. You'll have him in a lock in no time flat.

A puncher should always beat a kicker in my book.

And if it's going to be a front leg kick, and he has to shift his weight to kick, rotate. I don't step back, because I always think a kick is someone's most vulnerable moment. If he's back weighted, always trap, step inside and punch. You'll catch him wide open. If he manages to deflect it, lower the shoulder and power through low to the midsection (I'm not great at conventional takedowns, so I prefer shoulder tackles.....plus, the latter tends to send 'em down hard, and if it's on concrete, they're not gonna slide across the floor when they hit, if you know what I mean.

golden arhat
04-02-2007, 02:19 AM
most of you guys are *******s who think the real kung fu artist .some body ask about something and you give him **** and talk bad about his dad ..its most of the young ones who think they know somthing .and in fact they realy dont know **** ...so why dont people on here show a little consideration to people ..your giveing martial arts a bad name you

wow even bonthan has his own troll these days

*contemplates getting one*
hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............