PDA

View Full Version : My time at Sifu Gary Lam's, Year Two!

sihing
04-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Well after a years training and some help from a valued friend I (we, training partner as well) decided to take another trip back to Sifu Gary Lam's training facility in Monterey Park California. Like last year, this was a great decision, the time spent there was more than I can describe. Sifu Lam never fails to deliever. He is as skillful as ever and always is available for whatever questions you may have. The information and training we have taken back is exactly what we needed. Sifu Lam is an encyclopedia of Wing Chun information, and from what I can tell likes it when you ask him questions. The power, speed and flow of his movement is top notch, and quite scary at times. Thank God he is a nice guy.
Sifu Lam is also a gracious and entertaining host, always with a smile on his face greeting you first thing in the morning preparing you for the days training with positive thoughts. For all those interested in improving their Wing Chun effectiveness and practical application, please visit Sifu Lam in LA, as you will never regret the experience. You can live on the grounds, train 6 hours a day and have more than enough help, from not only Sifu Lam but his top instructors as well. They are so free with the information that you sometimes think they are giving it away for very little in return.

Another reason for my trip was to visit with my friend and “Sihing”, Ernie. Ernie never fails to amaze me with his total enthusiasm and vigor for Wing Chun and what is can do for us as Human Beings. Not surprisingly, Ernie has evolved since our last visit together. You see it, feel it, and hear it in his voice and in what he has to say. He is truly an amazing Man first and foremost but also an amazing Wing Chun coach. The power in his punch is something to feel, as both my training partner and I had plenty of opportunity, but the cool part is when you train with Ernie, he brings the Wing Chun engine out of you and has the ability to teach you in so many different ways. He is the perfect compliment to Sifu Lam and his training methods. Ernie would explain something one way, and then low and behold Sifu Lam would cover the same topic while using his own unique way of explaining it. Both make perfect sense and follow along the same lines.

I would like to thank some others that I had a chance to learn and train from. Sam is one of Sifu Lam’s senior instructors and has a unique way of experessing his Wing Chun, thank you Sam for all your wisdom and time spent with me. Also, Paul another senior instructor, you wisdom is not on deaf ears, I thank you as well. Nosh, Emil, Robin, D!ck , thanks for the moments of wisdom and taking the time to train with me and Randy, you are all an inspiration.

See you all again soon..

James

couch
04-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Well after a years training and some help from a valued friend I (we, training partner as well) decided to take another trip back to Sifu Gary Lam's training facility in Monterey Park California. Like last year, this was a great decision, the time spent there was more than I can describe. Sifu Lam never fails to deliever. He is as skillful as ever and always is available for whatever questions you may have. The information and training we have taken back is exactly what we needed. Sifu Lam is an encyclopedia of Wing Chun information, and from what I can tell likes it when you ask him questions. The power, speed and flow of his movement is top notch, and quite scary at times. Thank God he is a nice guy.
Sifu Lam is also a gracious and entertaining host, always with a smile on his face greeting you first thing in the morning preparing you for the days training with positive thoughts. For all those interested in improving their Wing Chun effectiveness and practical application, please visit Sifu Lam in LA, as you will never regret the experience. You can live on the grounds, train 6 hours a day and have more than enough help, from not only Sifu Lam but his top instructors as well. They are so free with the information that you sometimes think they are giving it away for very little in return.

Another reason for my trip was to visit with my friend and “Sihing”, Ernie. Ernie never fails to amaze me with his total enthusiasm and vigor for Wing Chun and what is can do for us as Human Beings. Not surprisingly, Ernie has evolved since our last visit together. You see it, feel it, and hear it in his voice and in what he has to say. He is truly an amazing Man first and foremost but also an amazing Wing Chun coach. The power in his punch is something to feel, as both my training partner and I had plenty of opportunity, but the cool part is when you train with Ernie, he brings the Wing Chun engine out of you and has the ability to teach you in so many different ways. He is the perfect compliment to Sifu Lam and his training methods. Ernie would explain something one way, and then low and behold Sifu Lam would cover the same topic while using his own unique way of explaining it. Both make perfect sense and follow along the same lines.

I would like to thank some others that I had a chance to learn and train from. Sam is one of Sifu Lam’s senior instructors and has a unique way of experessing his Wing Chun, thank you Sam for all your wisdom and time spent with me. Also, Paul another senior instructor, you wisdom is not on deaf ears, I thank you as well. Nosh, Emil, Robin, D!ck , thanks for the moments of wisdom and taking the time to train with me and Randy, you are all an inspiration.

See you all again soon..

James

I'm very happy for you, James.

When are you coming to the East Coast to share? :)

On a side note: I'm back to my Chinese Medicine clinic to paint. I'm opening up right in Musquodoboit Harbour, NS.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=musquodoboit+harbour,+ns&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=12&ll=44.789633,-63.149414&spn=0.123777,0.43396&om=1&iwloc=addr

In the sticks!!!

Who are training with out in ON? Do you have a bunch of training partners. You're quite lucky to have found a somebody who enjoys WC as much as you do and is willing to go to the States to learn some more!

Take care,
Kenton Sefcik

sihing
04-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey Kenton,

Glad to hear things are going good out east.

I have a small club going, and an old fellow student from the TWC days here in T Bay that I am training with personally. Both of us went on this trip, so it was a good trip for gathering info and training methods.

Heading back out west is the current plan now, but you never know, someday a trip out east may be in the works. I'll keep you uptodate.

Take care,

James

Chuanfa@sbcglob
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
James,

It was great meeting you at Sifu Lam's place. Thank you for your help and advice with my techniques and dummy. Look forward to your next trip to Los Angeles.

Take care.

Darrin

sihing
04-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey Darrin,

It was my pleasure, not that my advice adds up to much. I still have a ton to learn. Just stick with it and ask allot of questions dude :). :)

I'll be seeing you the next time for sure.

Take care, and keep training.:D

James

kid-canada
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey James,

Glad you had a great time down at sifu's place! It was a pleasure training with you and randy for two weeks you guys were there. Hope to see the 2 of you guys again soon.

sihing
04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Hey James,

Glad you had a great time down at sifu's place! It was a pleasure training with you and randy for two weeks you guys were there. Hope to see the 2 of you guys again soon.

Hey bro,

It was cool hangin with you too again. You've improved so much since last year it is scary. Just keep up the training and you will be kickin everyone's a$$.

See you soon dude and take care :)

James

kid-canada
04-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the compliment my good man! The last 3 motnhs was fricken amazing for me!