PDA

View Full Version : xingyiquan piquan

PlasticSquirrel
11-09-2001, 05:18 PM
does anyone know what the specific application is for this movement? i realize that movements can be used for a multitude of things, but i'm not so sure about piquan's. i understand the application if you take out the "beginning" (wrapping) movement from it, but if you don't, how do you use the two movements in sequence? i know a few decent applications, but none really good. none good enough for me to say "aha! that's why the movements are the way they are!"

has anyone else noticed the huge rising and falling in "beginning form" of piquan? when your six harmonies are matched, the floor shakes, and it seems like you are pounding the ground, even though you are not exerting much force, only keeping with the harmonies.

what's your take on the linking of the "wrapping" and "changing palm" movements in application?

p.s. i should mention that i practice sun style, so the forms are a bit different from some lineages', even though they may be both from hebei.

les paul
11-10-2001, 02:44 AM
Here is what some Pi quan does:

Spade kick the instep or kick to the knee as you rise and drill (before the wrap)

the drill is the first srike!)

The fall or wrap is followed by the second strike with the other hand!)

This is a general application

Note:!

The second strike can be made with the head, shoulder or elbow if you choose.

It doesn't matter!

During the second strike you can kick with the forward traveling leg or knee somthing if in close!

The same movements can be applied in chin-na applications.

For example, in a cross hand grab, driil up with the hand grabed, then wrap,pull down thus exposing the opponents elbow and with the second hand or elbow strike this exposed elbow while pulling counter to the strike hand.

A sweep with Pi quan can be made in the following manner. Drill with the left hand, then fall with the right accross your opponents shoulders, Drill again with the right hand and up root your opponent to the right.

Again these are general applications

I hope these help

Train well

Spanky

[This message was edited by Don't call me spanky! on 11-10-01 at 04:55 PM.]

MaFuYee
11-11-2001, 07:42 PM
pi chuan is splitting.

- neque mibi quisquam Judaeorum fabulas objiciat.