PDA

View Full Version : My videos Training Shuai Jiao Beijing

wiz cool c
04-05-2007, 06:43 AM
I have been telling you guys on a few post about my training in Shuai Jiao in Beijing here are a few videos. Nothing special I've been training with teenagers here for 11 months now. Hope you enjoy them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCPuk-mfWXA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiefVcI2TbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bet6Yc5AxoA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o3LzOoo1Z4

bodhitree
04-05-2007, 07:10 AM
what do you think of shuai jiao compared to your former judo training?

I can't watch youtube videos at work, so I'll give em a watch when I get home.

shuaichiao
04-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Nice vids. Keep it up.

Three Harmonies
04-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Nice clips thanks! MAy I ask who your teacher is?
Also do you have any idea how they made the throwing dummies in the corner?
Thanks
Jake :)

SevenStar
04-05-2007, 09:09 AM
nice! :cool:

Knifefighter
04-05-2007, 09:12 AM
I have been telling you guys on a few post about my training in Shuai Jiao in Beijing here are a few videos.

Hmmm... you must be training in fake Shuai Jiao. Nobody landed on his head with his arms all tied up so that he was unable to break the impact. Not only that, when you guys hit the ground, you are not raising your arms up and covering up your heads.

Obviously a fake teacher.

Water Dragon
04-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Nice Bro. My Judo club does the Shi Sheng Tai Po now at the end of every class. I think the two arts compliment each other nicely.

EarthDragon
04-06-2007, 05:10 AM
knifefighter .... are you always an a$$hole?

If you have nothing to nice to say then dont say anything at all.
Didnt your mother ever teach you that?

SevenStar
04-06-2007, 08:17 AM
I bet he liked vid, but he is making a point. guys here - and I think you were one of them - say that sc is more dangerous than judo for the reasons he mentioned, yet you don't see that at all in the vid.

PangQuan
04-06-2007, 09:08 AM
i dont see his underwear in the vid either.

he must not be wearing any huh :eek: :rolleyes:

just playing a lil of the devils advocate

Knifefighter
04-06-2007, 09:09 AM
I bet he liked vid, but he is making a point. guys here - and I think you were one of them - say that sc is more dangerous than judo for the reasons he mentioned, yet you don't see that at all in the vid.

Exactly!!!!!

bodhitree
04-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Does ouchi gari count in shuai jiao competition? I thought there was something against the throwers knee/s touching the mat. You get caught with that a few times.
remember
http://judoinfo.com/images/animations/ouchigaeshi.gif

ouchi gaeshi is a great counter. I see some stylistic differences. Could you explain what you think?

Have fun.

shuaichiao
04-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Does ouchi gari count in shuai jiao competition? I thought there was something against the throwers knee/s touching the mat. You get caught with that a few times.
remember
http://judoinfo.com/images/animations/ouchigaeshi.gif

ouchi gaeshi is a great counter. I see some stylistic differences. Could you explain what you think?

Have fun.

The inner hooking throw was the one throw that they allowed you to touch your knee to the ground with. Not sure why, I guess they just like that throw. It's pretty much the same as an ouchi gari or ouchi gake.

If you look at the tourneys in China now they are allowing all kinds of sacrifice throws.

Three Harmonies
04-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Really? About time! Nothing wrong with a sacrifice throw!
Jake :D

SevenStar
04-06-2007, 01:11 PM
i dont see his underwear in the vid either.

he must not be wearing any huh :eek: :rolleyes:

just playing a lil of the devils advocate

if the guy says he always wears his underwear and it's always visible, then you would have a viable question here.

But I find it disturbing that you are looking for his underwear anyway...:eek:

PangQuan
04-06-2007, 02:19 PM
if the guy says he always wears his underwear and it's always visible, then you would have a viable question here.

But I find it disturbing that you are looking for his underwear anyway...:eek:

hey, what can i say, im a thorough kind of guy....:confused:

Water Dragon
04-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Thing is, Dale's trying to judge Beijing SC by Pao Ding standards. Two different variations of the art.

It's like watching a folk wrestling match and saying, "See, they shoot doubles." like it's the same thing as Greco-Roman.

Knifefighter
04-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Thing is, Dale's trying to judge Beijing SC by Pao Ding standards. Two different variations of the art.

It's like watching a folk wrestling match and saying, "See, they shoot doubles." like it's the same thing as Greco-Roman.

Neither a Greco-Roman or folkstyle wrester will claim that he can purposely land his opponent on his head without the opponent being able to break the fall.

Throwing looks like throwing. Folkstyle upper body throws are going to look like Greco-Roman throws.

There is no special techniques that other styles don't have that will magically land the opponents on their heads.

fa_jing
04-06-2007, 08:33 PM
I think Shaui Chiao concentrates more on kicking out that supporting leg as high as possible than Judo does. Judo seems to be more about using the waist.

Water Dragon
04-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Dale, any Judo black belt knows the same stuff. The info is out there across various styles.

yuxian
04-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Nice clips, thanks. Are there any clips available of shuaijiao tournaments in China?

Meat Shake
04-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Actually...
I was watching some judo vids from the 70's in japan and the judoka were falling the same as shuai chiao falls... not slapping the mat, but covering the head.

If a good judoka and a good shuai chiao practitioner sparred both wearing normal clothes, it would be extremely difficult to tell the difference.
I wouldnt mind getting into some judo up here, but I havent found a club that is down for a weekly non jacket wrestle night.

SevenStar
04-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Actually...
I was watching some judo vids from the 70's in japan and the judoka were falling the same as shuai chiao falls... not slapping the mat, but covering the head.

If a good judoka and a good shuai chiao practitioner sparred both wearing normal clothes, it would be extremely difficult to tell the difference.
I wouldnt mind getting into some judo up here, but I havent found a club that is down for a weekly non jacket wrestle night.

you likely won't find one. there is no non gi judo competition, so there is no point in them training it.

a lot of it looks similar from a sweeping and reaping perspective, but hand throws are different in nature, as are some of the pickups I have seen. there are only so many ways to throw tho,so...

Meat Shake
04-07-2007, 10:07 PM
"so there is no point in them training it."

You know as well as I do that there is. Just not in terms of judo comps.

SevenStar
04-08-2007, 10:10 AM
"so there is no point in them training it."

that's my point. A judo group is going to focus on what it does - judo. there is a point in no gi training, but not from a competition judo perspective.

Water Dragon
04-08-2007, 10:14 AM

Which is why Helio created MMA after he invented BJJ, Judo, and Shuai Chiao.

shuaichiao
04-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Which is why Helio created MMA after he invented BJJ, Judo, and Shuai Chiao.

Helio invented judo and shuai chiao:rolleyes:

PangQuan
04-08-2007, 12:24 PM
question for you SC/Judo guys

im not that familiar with either art, other than what i have seen on video.

there is no SC school near me. but there this Judo school

http://www.obukan.org/ : look good??

now i have a question i hope someone would answer for me.

i hear alot about the gi training and what not in judo.

im assuming this means there are many techniques which require you to manipulate your opponent using his gi.

is this the same in SC?

basically im wondering which would be more realistic as a lot of people dont walk around wearing gi's, and in the warm weather times time, not much clothes at all. which is half the year, unless your tropical then its the whole year.

which art focuses more on using your opponents body for manipulation and less stress on using your opponents clothing.

if one does so more than the other anyway.

thanks for any responses to this question

YouKnowWho
04-08-2007, 12:46 PM
which art focuses more on using your opponents body for manipulation and less stress on using your opponents clothing.
SC also train none jacket situation and it's called Ma Ni Chu - trying to catch a slipper fish. Old SC saying said, "Grab his clothes if he has, grab his skin if he hasn't".

Both jacket and none jacket matches has their plus and minus. The plus for jacket match is "You force your opponent to fight because it's hard to break away from a jacket hold". The minus for jacket match is "You build dependency on jacket hold". The plus for none jacket match is "It's hard to resist and hang on without jacket hold so the match will go quicker". The minus for none jacket match is "Your opponent can run around and avoid fighting and there is little that you can do about".

In the modern SC time, kicking and punching had been integrated into it. People with boxing gloves on will be hard to grab so most of the hand grabbing has been changed into arm wrapping instead. With arm wrapping, the jacket dependency had been removed.

You can treat jacket match as winter time ski slop combat art, and none jacket match as summer time sand beach combat art. Both have its value.

PangQuan
04-08-2007, 12:55 PM
gotcha.

so what is the main difference betwee regular sport SC and what ive seen labeled as combat SC?

YouKnowWho
04-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Sport SC is the same as Judo match except no ground fight. Combat SC has the same rules as the modern Sanda or Sanshou match except there is no 3 seconds holding limitation and the winning is only by "knock down" or "throw down" without extra points for kicks or punches.

SevenStar
04-09-2007, 09:04 AM
scoring is different between judo and san shou.

wiz cool c
04-10-2007, 08:42 AM
what do you think of shuai jiao compared to your former judo training?

I can't watch youtube videos at work, so I'll give em a watch when I get home.

Hi Budhitree Shuai Jiao uses more strengh I think Where judo a little more angles. Also there is no ground work in Shuai Jiao. There are alot of solo type training that Shuai Jiao has that judo des not have. Both are great. I don't like one better then the other.

wiz cool c
04-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Nice clips thanks! MAy I ask who your teacher is?
Also do you have any idea how they made the throwing dummies in the corner?
Thanks

Hi Three Harmonies my teacher is Liu Lao Shi. I don't know about the dummies.

wiz cool c
04-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Nice clips, thanks. Are there any clips available of shuaijiao tournaments in China?

Yuxian I've seen some on youtube if you search around you can find them. I have asked my coach about then because I want to compete. He said he will let me know when he finds out when the next one is.

Three Harmonies
04-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks Wiz!

Shaolinlueb
04-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Exactly!!!!!

knife fighter i appreciate what you say. some of the stuff they can work on like keeping the hands up. but when you practice throws do you drop guys on their heads? i know we dont drop people on the head even though the intention is that.

then agian how often do you see kung fu schools practicing with full speed and power punches? msot of it is repetitive actions where you learn nothing. there lies a problem.

plus what did he say he trained for? 11 months? it wasnt bad for that. i met an old school hard core sc guy in hang zhou wish i could have spent time with him.

SevenStar
04-10-2007, 11:57 AM
knife fighter i appreciate what you say. some of the stuff they can work on like keeping the hands up. but when you practice throws do you drop guys on their heads? i know we dont drop people on the head even though the intention is that.

then agian how often do you see kung fu schools practicing with full speed and power punches? msot of it is repetitive actions where you learn nothing. there lies a problem.

plus what did he say he trained for? 11 months? it wasnt bad for that. i met an old school hard core sc guy in hang zhou wish i could have spent time with him.

he was being sarcastic. Earth Dragon and several other guys on this forum talk about how SC us used for the purpose of throwing someone on their head. period. then in this clip, none of that is shown - it looks similar to judo, which is what we have been saying all along.

Shaolinlueb
04-10-2007, 12:04 PM
he was being sarcastic. Earth Dragon and several other guys on this forum talk about how SC us used for the purpose of throwing someone on their head. period. then in this clip, none of that is shown - it looks similar to judo, which is what we have been saying all along.

i realized that after i wrote it. i didnt read the 3 pages before posting. :-P i do that too much on here.