View Full Version : New video

Geppy
04-06-2007, 12:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSFXrTlDcqI

Bye
Master Geppy (www.wingchunteam.it)

forever young
04-06-2007, 12:48 AM
please please go and learn some proper wing chun !!!! im not sure what that was but it dont look good :( :o your leaning alover the place, your muay thai kicks are not using the hips properly and that arm bar was the sloppiest i have seen in a while....stop doing slap fu and
1, learn some techniques that you can perform with some degree of skill/accuracy
2, when striking the pad move closer to it as you are just arm punching, try using your horse to punch.
3, spar properly !!!!!!
sorry to be negative but hmmmmmmmmm you put it up for critique (altho you obviously dont like it or you wouldnt have disabled comments ;) )
just my 02

Ultimatewingchun
04-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Yeah...that was pretty bad.

couch
04-06-2007, 08:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSFXrTlDcqI

Bye
Master Geppy (www.wingchunteam.it)

I agree with the other guys, however, you can learn from what they're saying and not take it to the ego:

1. Hit with intent, even when you're pulling punches.
2. Dropping elbows from 1-2" away from your opponent isn't going to hurt them. Don't be afraid to wind up a little for such short-range attacks. Boxers don't throw jabs too close to their opponent's faces.
3. Even when you're pulling, I recommend that you aim at your target or at least make proper fists/palms, not in-betweens.
4. Even though there is a lot going on with your hands and feet, it looks a bit sloppy like you don't have control of your opponent. I suggest slowing it down or ripping what you're trying to achieve.
5. Why start Chi Sau so far away? Play with the range...although the far away-ness may be for demo.
6. Good heart, though. Keep up the training and REFINING.

I've learned a lot from what people had to say on this forum when I got over the ego, chewed it over and spat it out in my own way.

All the best,
Kenton Sefcik

Matrix
04-08-2007, 06:19 PM
.......6. Good heart, though. Keep up the training and REFINING.
Kenton,
If he was a beginner, I would agree with your comments. The problem is that the guy calls himself "master". His video serves as a great example of what's wrong with TMA and reflects poorly on all of us, IMO.

nschmelzer
04-09-2007, 08:05 AM
The videos were not great. Mostly staged. (I hate staged, and always prefer free sparring videos between guys that are not afraid to hurt each other.)

Granted, if you post videos - be ready for the critics.

HOWEVER - to the critics, let's see some video of you guys. Post some videos of you in action - then your comments will have credibility.

In other words, share your experience and wisdom with videos of you in action.

I love seeing videos of other WC men. Even the bad ones. Even a bad video is better than internet warriors. (No disrespect to anyone - just a reality check)

Nick

Matrix
04-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Granted, if you post videos - be ready for the critics.
Nick,
The video on its own is rather harmless. The problem is not the video alone, but the combination of calling oneself "Master" and then posting this video. If it were just some dude posting a clip of himself training, then I would say nothing. Once you announce yourself a MASTER, then you've changed the the stakes of the game, IMO.

If you really think that this represents a master skill level, then perhaps I was mistaken. Maybe it is an accurate display of the highest level of skill in WC.:rolleyes: