PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu schools

jacob360
02-02-2001, 09:53 PM
I think you guys should start a list of Kung Fu schools around the nation. KFO used to have one but it disappeared after they redesigned thier format.

PEACE

Steve C.
02-03-2001, 04:09 PM
Good suggestion. One of the most frequently asked questions I get at KFO is "Do you know where I can find a school near...?".

I've actually totally rebuilt the School Finder application that used to be on KFO. I enlisted the aid of a professional DBA to help re-write it in a full-blown SQL database, so you could search by city, state, area code, name, style, etc. and get back a slick results list, complete with local map. It's VERY cool.

I haven't put it back on KFO because it is "time-intensive" to keep it up to date; the same reason the "Calendar of Events" got taken offline... and as just one guy, I simply don't have enough time to properly support it.

Maybe KUNGFUMAGAZINE.COM and KUNGFUONLINE.COM can work out another cooperative. If there's an interest, and if there is personnel to do the administration, I've got the technology and a full database of schools and events.

Steve
admin@kungfuonline.com

WongFeHung
02-11-2001, 04:55 AM
that would be nice. IKF only puts your school in their directory if you buy 20 copies a month, and if you can't sell them all you have to eat the rest.

GeneChing
03-13-2001, 10:04 PM
At Kungfu Qigong, we put you on our distributor roster if you carry our mag too, but you only need to carry 10 issues every other month. If you sell it at cover price, with a wholesale discount, you only have to sell 4 issues to recoup your investment.

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher
Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KungfuMagazine.com (http://www.KungfuMagazine.com)

ELFdisciple
07-29-2001, 03:06 PM
Please try to do this, it took me years to track down a school! I almost started making 2 hour trips on Saturdays for Shaolin Kung-fu when I finally found someone teaching only 45 minutes from me.

ELFdisciple

Lineage holder and direct disciple to the 37th Patriarch of Emperor's Long-Fist

Practitioner of:
Internal Iron Palm
Genki Ryu Do Karate
White Crane and Spirit Dragon SCA combat