PDA

View Full Version : attn. hasayfu

GhostBridge
04-17-2007, 11:30 AM
possible missing link? hasayfu from mainland china? or did they order videos and then elaborate? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTeH0NJabWA:

hasayfu
04-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Nice find. I have not heard of them.
It could be a good link to another lineage of the same system. The site the vid references didn't have much information about this sifu.

I'll have sifu take a look and see if he any info.

TenTigers
04-17-2007, 10:32 PM
link isn't working, could you spell it out?

hasayfu
04-18-2007, 10:39 AM
TT, remove the : at the end of the link.

Ghostbridge,
I showed the video to Sifu and he said this the guy who wrote one of the Chinese language books called “Hung Kuen” that showed similar movements to Ha Say Fu Hung Gar The book was light on lineage and history as you see in the video, very close to HSF.

I will say one thing, his expression is much more “showy” then I like. He uses a lot less yee gee kim yeung ma and we don’t do the jumpy thing. Still, it’s good to see an independent lineage with similar ideas.

Asmo
04-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Without the : I get a "video is unavailable".

When the string identifier does not exist normally it says if the video was just uploaded to wait a few minutes. So this looks like the video was there, but has been removed ... (this is why I installed YouTube video downloaders in my Firefox. I down *everything* that has my interest...).

hasayfu
04-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I just tried it and it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTeH0NJabWA

Asmo
04-19-2007, 11:48 AM
wweeiirrdd. I keep getting "This video is unavailable."

Have a way to save it to your harddisk HSF? Maybe you see it because you simply still have it locally cached... (if it was removed)

GhostBridge
04-19-2007, 10:20 PM
I would be interested in seeing that book, i agree about the jumping part, he had a nice tight southern shorthand expression going on in the opening section,..seeing the usage would tell more of the story...anyhow thanx for looking I wondered what Wing Lams Clan would think of that!!:)