PDA

View Full Version : OT: how do you cope with breakup(s)

SPJ
04-18-2007, 05:13 AM
so you have someone to share common interests and life with:

somehow, it did not work out.

how do you cope?

:D

SPJ
04-18-2007, 05:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDZlqvJUj3c&mode=related&search=

this is one of my fav story and song in the 80'.

in 1949, there were 2 million's soldiers and 2 million's displaced came to Taiwan.

one solider was injured around the throat while fighting the communists.

he may not speak, retired from the service and married a Taiwan local.

he picked up and recycled wine glass bottles.

the wifey left him with a daughter.

--

he had no regrets and raised the daughter to be a singer.

the song is about the daughter remembering how the father raised her with limited fund from collecting and recycling bottles and other trashes.

--

I was deeply moved and in tears every time I heard the song and the story.

-

SPJ
04-18-2007, 05:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvV1A8Az6Co

even an emperor may not "enforce" the courtship.

it takes 2 to tango.

Yo Long Xi Feng. wandering dragon playing with the pheonix.

so the girl met the plain clothed emperor.

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmtKjzEiC10&mode=related&search=

:D :)

TaichiMantis
04-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Dude, are you ok?:confused:

SPJ
04-18-2007, 05:47 AM
fine. thanx.

I had a coffee drink from starbuck, can't shut my eyes all nite.

--

MasterKiller
04-18-2007, 06:27 AM

how do you cope?

1. Get Drunk

2. Call her at 2 A.M. crying.

3. Crash your car into her mailbox at 4 A.M., stand on her lawn, and scream at her until you hear the sirens...

bodhitree
New Booty ;)

xcakid
Acknowledge and move on.

However, if they cheated on you. I would sleep with their bestfriend, sister, cousin, or if the mom is hot and single, I would try to bang her too. There are also things that can be done with gas tanks, brake fluid on car paint, and various other gags.

5Animals1Path
04-18-2007, 06:35 AM
I used to be wallow in self-pity guy. Now, I pretty much let it go if she wasn't a friend or otherwise acquantinced (that can't be spelled right, if it's even a word). If there wasn't a relationship before the dating, it's alot easier to just drop it.

SPJ
04-18-2007, 07:06 AM
for me. forget about myself. think of others and other thing.

this is a concert from all the HK stars to raise money for others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwivkVncKbs

jackie chan and su hui lun. every day of my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP_wgmiOOlE

on the waves of the ocean, I am only one of many --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQctealaG9o

chow yun fat and student body. tommorrow will be better.

---

edit. they raised money for relief for the flood in eastern China or Hua Dong.

--

hint: counting our blessing---

:D :)

Royal Dragon
04-18-2007, 07:19 AM
I cry in fetal position, and then post all the detials on KFM...and casually mention the URL to her friends or family :D

htowndragon
04-18-2007, 07:23 AM
smoke a pack of cigarettes outside while looking emo.

-actually thats for all my girl problems. when im after a girl, when im confused about a girl, dealing with a break up, etc.

except my most recent break up was initiated by me, but i just got really emo because she was guilt tripping me like 12 hours out of the day and calling me every half an hour.

Samurai Jack
04-18-2007, 07:46 AM
and various other gags...

Yeah a friend of mine's girlfriend cheated on him. He laquered photos of her giving him head onto her Church's Front door with Naval Shellac. They had to replace the door to get the photos down, or so I'm told.

5Animals1Path
04-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Yeah a friend of mine's girlfriend cheated on him. He laquered photos of her giving him head onto her Church's Front door with Naval Shellac. They had to replace the door to get the photos down, or so I'm told.

That reminds me of a story a guy at work told me. A guy gets a christmas card from his girlfriend in the mail, with a picture of her being boinked by someone.

He waited a year, and sent a card to her parents with the same picture. :D

banditshaw
04-18-2007, 08:32 AM
A Fifth of Jack Daniels
Two Hookers
and a Vicodin.

:cool:

xcakid
04-18-2007, 08:38 AM

Ooohhhhh that's a good one. Must take a note of that one. :D

Becca
04-18-2007, 11:02 AM

how do you cope?

I ask my neice, very nicely, not to e-mail me constantly about it - I'll call here when I get home from work. :rolleyes:

I love her, and I love being the younger, favorite aunt, but if I here one more sob storry over some guy....:eek: :o

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-18-2007, 07:40 PM
i'd fix it all with a knife.

id fix it all.

tug
04-18-2007, 07:56 PM
A Fifth of Jack Daniels
Two Hookers
and a Vicodin.

:cool:

Word :D (although I would amend that to a 5th of JD, a dimebag and a pack of Marlboros)

But seriously, all you need is time...

Time to deal, time to heal.

neilhytholt
04-18-2007, 08:08 PM

how do you cope?

It helps when they're divorcing you and trying to take your kids and your $$$.

It tends to give you less time to worry about things when you're in the middle of fighting for custody and trying to keep her from taking your assets. :)

tug
04-18-2007, 08:21 PM
It helps when they're divorcing you and trying to take your kids and your $$$.

It tends to give you less time to worry about things when you're in the middle of fighting for custody and trying to keep her from taking your assets. :)

STFU you POS!

rogue
04-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Have Gene Ching kick you in the sack.

When I finally got kicked to the curb by my first big love I went out and bought a candy apple red guitar to celebrate. I still have and play that guitar. Life is good.

tug
04-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Have Gene Ching kick you in the sack.

When I finally got kicked to the curb by my first big love I went out and bought a candy apple red guitar to celebrate. I still have and play that guitar. Life is good.

Word.

Allow yourself to re-introduce yourself to yourself.

TenTigers
04-19-2007, 07:43 AM
a phoenix crashes and burns and is reborn from the ashes. You are the phoenix.
Work on yourself. Start running every morning,adding sprints. Do the Body For Life total transformation. Buy some nice clothes for yourself, and a bottle of your fave cologne. Splurge. You deserve it. By summer, you will be awesome.
Re-connect with friends that fell by the wayside when she took over your life.
Move on. Another chapter in your life.
Of course, there is also adultfriendfinder,fling,bootycall, and such to fill in the gaps....

golden arhat
04-19-2007, 07:49 AM
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45906

heres how one young south korean immigrant dealt with it the other day

BruceSteveRoy
04-19-2007, 07:54 AM
24 hour rule. give your self 24 hours to completly immerse yourself in your sadness, regret, anger whatever after 24 hours slap a smile on your face and go about your business.

if its a really long relationship than i say you go through all the seasons single. one full year. in that time redefine who you are as a single person. get new clothes, a new workout, new hobbies a few new friends. no matter what don't contact the ex. just try to have as much fun as you can and embrace the freedom of only being responsible for yourself and having little to no accountability for the dumb **** you want to do.

(unless there are kids involved in which case i have no advice)

SPJ
04-19-2007, 07:57 AM
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45906

heres how one young south korean immigrant dealt with it the other day

live and let live. mensch.

:mad: :eek: :(

SPJ
04-19-2007, 08:00 PM
sometimes, we have to break up the old, so that we may build something new.

--

:eek:

PangQuan
04-19-2007, 08:10 PM
long hours of physical exertion coupled with mental reflection.

To me, when in the past i have gone through a break up, often times i am emotionally over it very fast. The total change in my life and the void that seems to be left is what gets me. (really depends on the severity of the relationship) Once life re adjusts to being without that person there, the poor mood is completely gone.

Mas Judt
04-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Recognize your emotions for what they are - delusion and attachment. Breath. Move on. Enjoy.

I have to admit that best thing I ever got out of the whole martial arts thing was a good healthy sense of detachment. Learning to recognize the nature of the mind and the ability to stay calm in any kind of storm.

Coming from some fairly high-strung (in a non-annoying way) genetic stock, this was a true blessing. When I was really young, I'd get all torn up. Until about my Junior year in HS, I realized my perspective was totally stupid. Somewhere by my mid-twenties my free-fighting mindset crossed over to my daily life.

This is perhaps the best value of a combat sport and a good coach. You can do combat sports without acheiving this, but training with people who get the psychology of it all - it's priceless, man.

Being detached has also helped by making my choices good. I'm the happiest married guy I know - because my resoning for choosing the relationship were based on objective factors - not any fleeting delusions.

Becca
04-20-2007, 10:54 AM
I have to admit that best thing I ever got out of the whole martial arts thing was a good healthy sense of detachment. Learning to recognize the nature of the mind and the ability to stay calm in any kind of storm.

Nicely put. But sometimes the ability to not freek out makes others uncomfortable... I was once told that I can't be taking my job seriously because nothing, even a bum-chewing from the big boss, makes me loose my cool unless I'm sick or something.

... Was told much the same thing by every one of my exes... I guess a woman who doesn't bawl like a 2-year-old at a well earned speeding ticket is freekish?:confused:

Dunno. I just stay single and happy now. :D

Mas Judt
04-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Single & Free - spent a good part of my adult life like that. I dated a lot, but simply did not see the advantage to 'getting involved' with women who were not suitable for a real long-term thing. I was so happy as a single guy that some of my friends didn't show at my wedding, thinking it was a joke!

Oh well.

Detachment is a powerful tool. The other opton just seems to be living as a victim to random thoughts and chermical secretions.

Mas Judt
04-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Becca,
What I find really funny is that most men find most women 'crazy' - and when I look at most men objectively - well they are crazy too. It's hard to find a rationale person who agrees with your own craziness :)

In order to adapt to the need for women to randomly bust out crying, I suggest you practice just bawling like a nutter at random, inconsequential events. It might not improve others reaction to you, but at least you can have fun watching them react to you...

Becca
04-20-2007, 12:04 PM
In order to adapt to the need for women to randomly bust out crying, I suggest you practice just bawling like a nutter at random, inconsequential events. It might not improve others reaction to you, but at least you can have fun watching them react to you...
rotflmao!!!! Sounds like something I might actually do....:D

SPJ
04-21-2007, 05:44 PM
sing your feelings out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7LnlAewCxY&mode=related&search=

strings of love songs from 1990's till present.

:)

rogue
04-21-2007, 06:10 PM
The gift that keeps on giving. Last year I found a recent picture of the girl that dumped me, and she was pasty and looked all of her 41 years. Meanwhile Mrs. Rogue is the same age but looks to be in her early to mid 30's, has wash board abs and a very sweet figure. Life is really, really good.:D

So if one dumps you keep your eyes out for that next girl.

SPJ
04-21-2007, 07:22 PM
WATCH DEPRESSIVE MOVIES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL17HQShRs8&mode=related&search=

there is some one out there worse than you.

we do not feel that bad any more.

Seka Chu.

world crying/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4fu4iH95Ig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnrafWH6fDI&mode=related&search=

;) :D :p

SPJ
04-21-2007, 10:43 PM
the movie link is a very sad one.

my sis insisted on me to watch and speak from the heart.

since a little kid, I tended to be overanalytical of things, thus I tend to be detached, emotionless, feelingless, senseless etc.

I promised my sister that I would watch the movie and speak from the heart.

true love:

1. a promise kept. the boy saku taro and the girl aki are high school sweet hearts. unfortunately, aki had leukemia. they communicated via audio tapes. from introducing each other, what they like and dun like, -- to date, --- all the way to the last tape.
when they promised each other something, they would do them. the last promise being a visit to ururu or high ground in australia where the natives believe to be holy ground and the center of the world.

2. be grateful for being able to support each other and keep each other company. in the last tape, aki said thank you for all the days and events that saku kept her company till the very end.

3. wanting to be remembered. at first. aki knew she would soon be gone. she wanted a wedding picture to be remembered by. aki smiled in the picture. saku was sad and did not smile.

4. letting things go. in the last tape, in contrast to the wedding pic, aki wanted saku to spread her ashes over the ururu high ground and finish the promise or last wish. aki wanted saku to move on with his life after that.

5. wanting whatever the best for him or her.

--

ritsuko was sending the last audio tape and hit by a car, became crippled. --

the last audio tape was not delivered till much later.

--

a closure for 3 of them.

--

:(

David Jamieson
04-22-2007, 09:34 AM
drink a lot, screw hookers and snort lines of blow off their ass.

once you get bored of that, straighten out and get back to life.

lol

monkeyfoot
04-22-2007, 09:57 AM
tough one, i never plan to put myself in the position of a breakup....

but if I got ditched by my girl for no reason.....**** i dont know what i'd do

i bet this helped in no way at all

craig

Mega-Foot
04-22-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't know what all the moaning and fussing is all about. You're martial artists, and it's time to begin acting like martial artists. After all, this isn't a marital arts forum.

I have come across so many fit birds in my sojourns and adventures, I honestly don't know how you guys could have problems with breakups. Just look for opportunities to render justice, and women tend to follow in the wake.

golden arhat
04-22-2007, 12:12 PM
drink a lot, screw hookers and snort lines of blow off their ass.

once you get bored of that, straighten out and get back to life.

lol

who would ever get bored of that ?

Sang Feng Fan
04-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Break up.

Let yourself feel whatever joy, anger or frustration ensues, never hide from your feelings.

Burn that emotion up like lump of coal.

After it passes, rest and learn from the xperience.

Move on.