nospam
04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Looked like kick boxing.

extrajoseph
04-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Sounded like sour grape.:p

CLFNole
04-18-2007, 03:40 PM
I am not feeling this one much either. The "Hero" (not sure who the hero was but whatever) one was better although most of the parts appeared to be real beginners as stance was non-existent.

Kinda hard to believe you came out of seclusion for that. ;)

extrajoseph
04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Get your wife to read the Chinese and you will know who the hero is. As for the stance I agree some of the kids need more training but it was done as an inspirational piece but you are only capable of seeing things from one angle and that means a thousand students and everyone of them has to be good!

CLFNole
04-18-2007, 04:39 PM
I was kidding with the stances, its obvious that most of them are children and whenever you get a group together that is that large you have to include even your students that are...well...not so good.

Overall I did enjoy it, though I would have liked to see some clips of more of the senior players or even some of the retired one. ;)

extrajoseph
04-18-2007, 06:26 PM
The old guy in this clip who does the Nine Dragon Trident in the Ancestral Hall is about the most senior and retired player around. Not bad for someone in his late 70s, he is even more impressive in person and being a farmer do keep one in good shape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zOTEk_nBDY&mode=related&search=

CLFNole
04-18-2007, 06:57 PM
That is a bit more of what I am talking about, but there were 2 showing gau lung cha, the 1st in yellow and the 2nd in black. Was the 1st guy (the one who showed a bit more) the one who was 70? I have often thought that being a farmer wouldn't be such a bad thing, a lot of physical exercise and open space to practice your CLF. But then again I love my 50" HDTV so it might be difficult in this day and age.

I know you allow PMs on this site but there are some things I wanted to ask your opinion about after watching some of the stuff I have seen online but oh well.

JAZA
04-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Hello Joe,

Where you there?

Here is the 9 lun cha complete form http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzHCRAAcD78 . I think is the second guy from your link doing gau lun cha, an instructor of the sunwui sijo kwoon.

Shaolinlueb
04-18-2007, 08:42 PM
the sanda was ok. i watched the 50 seconds or so. the kids should have followed up some more.

extrajoseph
04-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi Slueb,

Hard to be vicious to each other when you train together, so most of the time it is quite laid back and relaxed. The final between the 2 Spaniards is even more fast and loose.

Hi Jaza,

I was there, it was great. As you can see, everyone turned up and even the Futshan guys were there. Huge support from the local government and it was good to see there is a bright future for CLF. Check out the memorial book, it is worth looking at, lots of valuable historical stuff.

Hi CLFNole,

I know what you mean, with a 50"HDTV home theatre, 3 computers and 2 laptops and everyone a mobile and a earpiece, how do you expect anyone in our society to be really good at Kung Fu no matter what style. Sometimes you spot a talent and you wish he or she won't won't be corrupted by hundreds of vices but it seldoms went that way. So authentic Kung Fu remains a dream.

Hi Nospam,

No hard feelings, kick boxing or not, the kids are having fun and we should be happy for them that they are healthy and enjoying life. What more do you want? Being tough is not everything even MAli has his days!

Back to retirement and my daily heavy breathing!

JAZA
05-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I was kidding with the stances, its obvious that most of them are children and whenever you get a group together that is that large you have to include even your students that are...well...not so good.

Overall I did enjoy it, though I would have liked to see some clips of more of the senior players or even some of the retired one. ;)

CLFNOLe,

Even though this is a show, most of players are instructors. There is a version of sam kwun, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjlMc_88Qn0

Shaolinlueb
05-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi Slueb,

Hard to be vicious to each other when you train together, so most of the time it is quite laid back and relaxed. The final between the 2 Spaniards is even more fast and loose.

yeah i guess.

Buk&Hung Sing
05-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey!
I favorited several of your videos on YouTube! Keep up the good work! I am really impressed by Sifu Douglas Wong in Florida and his wife, Sifu and daughter of the Praying Mantis Master!