PDA

View Full Version : video: "The Speed Man"

MasterKiller
04-24-2007, 07:23 AM
You've all seen the ads. Now witness the fury!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQpadGaAmx0

Black Jack II
04-24-2007, 07:53 AM
I wonder what the energy attack chi gung is:cool:

Man, those ads have been out for ever.

xcakid
04-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Wonder how much power he has behind those strikes. Pretty impressive speed though. And good accuracy.

I had the pleasure of punching in for Master Nick Cerios during a demo. He was lightning fast and freaking accurate. I did the stabbing straight technic where he evaded by stepping to the side and hitting the pressure point on the top of your forearm. He did this 3X in practice and hit that same spot every time. I had to stop after that cause my arm was going numb big time. Then again at the demo the next day. During practice for the demo we also sparred with him, 3 on one. He was showing us how to stack your opponents. For a 50+ year old guy(at that time) he sure was fast!!! We were actually going full speed and at times full power.

That video kinda reminds me of standing there and getting hit. :eek: My arm and and chest started to hurt just watching it.

Oso
04-24-2007, 08:39 AM
ok, cheesy and stuff but it looked like maybe he was using a concept from 'hikuta' striking. Black Jack, didn't you post about that a while back?

Black Jack II
04-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Just a link,

I don't know really anything first hand about hikuta at all, except the very odd past they try and account for themselves with doc lee, never seen any of it upfront.

have you?

Oso
04-24-2007, 09:22 AM
only in a completely unsubstantiated way from a guy who said 'this is a way of striking fast and it comes from egyptian bodyguards of the pharoahs'

he basically showed striking drills where the hand that struck was always returning to your center while the other extended. much like this guy is doing.

Mas Judt
04-24-2007, 09:27 AM
I'll add this to my world's funniest martial arts videos list.

Black Jack II
04-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Sounds like parker kenpo.:D

Oso
04-24-2007, 09:30 AM
could be. i don't know.

David Jamieson
04-24-2007, 09:31 AM
pure fantastic garbage.

Black Jack II
04-24-2007, 09:42 AM
I read somewhere a long time ago he claims to be a Kahuna, a master of Huna magic, able to cure cancer by a simple breathing exercise, :D

BlueTravesty
04-24-2007, 01:20 PM
You can laugh all you want, but just remember this guy can "rip you apart like a buzzsaw..." "...without spilling his morning coffee." :rolleyes:

Man I hated those stupid ads... It's one of the many reasons why I stopped reading MA magazines (except for this one when I can find it) I was rather surprised though, I had a feeling the "Speedman" was going to be Peter Ragnar...

Becca
04-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Sounds like parker kenpo.:D
.... Sounds/looks like most Kempo. A while back (like a couple years ago, I think) I mentioned "phonebooth fighting". This is phonebooth fighting. It's quick, effective and takes next to no space to do a whole string of stuff.

SevenStar
04-24-2007, 02:00 PM
that guy r0x0rz!

TheSwedishChef
04-24-2007, 06:14 PM
He was a Parker student. I read that Parker didn't like him personally.

mickey
04-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Greetings,

I have seen some of his material. And I like what I have seen. Like Ed Parker, he knows where to hit, how much power to use, and how much damage he will do. Like Parker, Dr LaTourrette is a big man. He is also into Neuro Linguistic Programming and Huna. From what I have seen and read, he offers no pretenses--just rock solid information. Though Dr. Latourrette's material may not fit some people's matrix of thinking or moving, it should not mean that his material sucks.

His mental training stuff is excellent.

mickey

Black Jack II
04-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Telling people you can cure disease like cancer with breathing methods is really all I need to hear about a person.

FuXnDajenariht
04-24-2007, 07:16 PM
yea, saying it cures is a bit much but qigong is a breathing method which is known to improve health. so its probably good alongside chemo' or some other medical treatment to augment the healing process..

Mas Judt
04-25-2007, 06:55 AM
As soon as you step into magical thinking you lose all credibility, as it demonstrates an inability to stay here and now.

I'm caling shennanigans on this guy...

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Didn't Helen Liang have cancer? And didn't she cure it with TCM? and Qigong. :eek: I thought that was way she was so into waterboxing, because she attributed its practice to her recovery.

The other dude is still a quack, but his hand skills were ok.

Becca
04-25-2007, 12:38 PM
I know of cancer cases that have been cured by homeopathy. I know of cases that failed with homeopathy...... I know of case that failed with Chemo, too. Blanket statements rarely have the full truth of anything. And I really dislike people who paraphrse what other are s'posed to have said. What if the paraphasor got the gist of it wrong???:eek: :rolleyes:

Black Jack II
04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
I know of cancer cases that have been cured by homeopathy.

Sorry Becca, I call nonsense on this. Pleae show me the case study that breaks this down. It's not like it would not be huge news all over the world.

He is a known snake oil salesman. LaTourrette sells training DVD type courses such as "Silva Ultramind's Remote Viewing and Remote Influencing The Next Evolution in Mind Power by Dennis Higgins and John La Tourrette, Ph.D.", which contains a fraudulent claim regarding the author John M. LaTourrette. The fraudulent claim being his education.

He also has a PH.D from a closed down non-accredited degree mill. Please....

Becca
04-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Sorry Becca, I call nonsense on this. Pleae show me the case study that breaks this down. It's not like it would not be huge news all over the world.

No it wouldn't. Someone would call nonsence on it without reading up on the subject..... Then some doctor would say well it was used in 1 case where the cancer whent into remission, but didn't in another, so it doesn't work... I have no desire to beat my head into a brick wall with a born-again sceptic, sorry.:rolleyes:

Black Jack II
04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
No it wouldn't. Someone would call nonsence on it without reading up on the subject..... Then some doctor would say well it was used in 1 case where the cancer whent into remission, but didn't in another, so it doesn't work... I have no desire to beat my head into a brick wall with a born-again sceptic, sorry.

Fair enough.

It's not like I have not met thousands of people taking homeopathic remedies in ground floor retail settings, met homepathic formulators and top companies in conferences, and spoken with tons of nutrional guru's about there own products.

FuXnDajenariht
04-25-2007, 03:51 PM
lol why would u do that if u thought it was BS?

Black Jack II
04-25-2007, 04:15 PM
My job dingbat.:rolleyes:

I work in the nutritional field. Which homeopathic is just a small subset.

FuXnDajenariht
04-25-2007, 04:47 PM
and how was i supposed to know that a-ssface?

Black Jack II
04-25-2007, 04:59 PM
LOL,

Well now you know.

Becca
04-26-2007, 07:13 AM
Fair enough.

It's not like I have not met thousands of people taking homeopathic remedies in ground floor retail settings, met homepathic formulators and top companies in conferences, and spoken with tons of nutrional guru's about there own products.

And I've seen quacks passing themselves off as homeopathic guru's. I'm not a guru. I am someone who is still in the early stages of getting my degree in holistic nutrition. But I watched holistic healing and homeopathic remedies keep a guy with non-operative pancreatic cancer alive 12 years longer than any doctor said he should live. I have seen it reverse Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and stop Lupus in it's tracks.

I used to have problems with frequent tooth infections. I know know about 15 ways to stop them cold without antibiotics. I know how to manage pain without useing NSAIs. I can keep a black eye from forming if I catch it early enough. I am currently learning how to manage things like arthritis using diet alone.

None of this is a "case study." As it is my personal experiance, I know it will likely be ridiculed. I just don't care. :)

Black Jack II
04-26-2007, 08:50 AM
But I watched holistic healing and homeopathic remedies keep a guy with non-operative pancreatic cancer alive 12 years longer than any doctor said he should live

That is great that he lived longer than indicated, but you really have no certain idea at all, that any holistic planning did anything to curb it.

know of cancer cases that have been cured by homeopathy.

The above is the only reason I called it out, you said cancer cases and got curious as this is the field I work in.

Personally, I find most of homepathic medicine to be very shady in research with no detailed modern scientific testing, The Law of Similars and Law of Infinitesimals created by Samuel Hahnemann and so forth which went into his medica. At best I would say most of these bizzare remedies are placebos

Becca
04-26-2007, 09:14 AM
That is great that he lived longer than indicated, but you really have no certain idea at all, that any holistic planning did anything to curb it.

The above is the only reason I called it out, you said cancer cases and got curious as this is the field I work in.

Personally, I find most of homepathic medicine to be very shady in research with no detailed modern scientific testing, The Law of Similars and Law of Infinitesimals created by Samuel Hahnemann and so forth which went into his medica. At best I would say most of these bizzare remedies are placebos

And my personal experiance says otherwise. I thnik most of the problem would be a missunderstanding of holistic medicine. Have you ever heard of eating pepermint for an upset stomache? That is homeopathy. There is quite a bit of testing of this remedy and it is now endorsed by the National Coladge of Pediatrics.

There are many limits to holistic medicine, just as there are many limits to modern western medicine, just as there are limits for every facet of medicine. I find it ironic that the youngest branch of medicine is the one you are touting as the most accurate. It is also the brance that, untill recently, spouted off about all fat being bad...:rolleyes:

Black Jack II
04-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Have you ever heard of eating pepermint for an upset stomache? That is homeopathy.

No, that is not homeopathy.

I find it ironic that the youngest branch of medicine is the one you are touting as the most accurate.

Being old does not mean anything except for the fact that your old. Modern western medicine is the most up to date, cutting edge health technology on the planet.

A healthy lifestyle, working out, genetics, are the first line of defense, then a nice mix of vitamins and holistic principles are a fine boost when combined with sound advice, but when you get sick, I mean really sick then its time to see a real doctor.

Holistic medicine does more to scam people than good as its so ill regulated.

Becca
04-26-2007, 10:02 AM
clasic definition (http://www.abchomeopathy.com/detail.htm)Then what is your definition of homeopathy. I and I do mean yours.

Peppermint Water and spirit of Peppermint are official preparations of the British Pharmacopoeia. (http://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/m/mints-39.html#pep)

Black Jack II
04-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Becca,

The best way to describe Homeopathy is like cures like. There simple little claim is that a illness can be cured by taking a very minute amount of a substance that, if taken by a healthy person, would produce symptoms like those wanting to be treated.

Peppermint has been around since the mid eighteenth century and was an offical herb used in western herbalism and folklore as a stimulant. This is way before any one tried to claim its benefits to bulk up homeopathy.

Hey, I like Peppermint, but I like it in the way it works as dictated by science in its best format. Either in a bioavaliable tea or better yet in a enteric-coated capsule. Homeopathy uses a primative concept based on Vitalism kinda like chi. So really it makes science non- relevant because of this unfindable and unresearchable lifesource.

Becca
04-26-2007, 10:45 AM
The theory that like can be treated with like can be traced back as far Hypocrites (468 -377 BC), but it wasn't until the work of Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843) that the theory developed into a usable practice.

Hahneman's provings consisted in giving doses of various substances to both himself and his healthy volunteers, and noting the effects in detail. For safety reasons, the substances taken were very dilute, and it is here that Hahnemann chanced upon one of the more puzzling aspects of Homeopathy. The more dilute a homeopathic medicine is, the more effective it is in treating illness.

Hahneman's work was continued by James Tyler Kent in 1877-78. Kent's interest in ****eopathic medicine was prompted by his wife's serious illness, which failed to respond to any other form of medicine available at the time. Kent's position as Professor of Anatomy (at the American Medical College, St. Louis) placed him perfectly to observe the effects of substances in precise detail. Kent's research into Homeopathy became his life's work, and he conducted provings on some 650 materials, observing over 64,000 symptoms. Even today, Kent's is still the most widely used repertory in Homeopathy.

Question: What makes you so certain that it cannot be homeopatic if it is a tea, infusion or another form other than globules? (globules is the correct term for the little white pills)

Black Jack II
04-26-2007, 10:56 AM
What makes you so certain that it cannot be homeopatic if it is a tea, infusion or another form other than globules? (globules is the correct term for the little white pills

First, I have to believe that homepatic remedies are even real. Which because of the vitalism concept of it all in relation to how it is supposed to cure I don't.

Second, nowadays from a business perspective you can use the term homeopatic for almost anything you find in the nutritonal store as a marketing deal to say your product is better than the one next to it. Trimedica Collidal Silver comes to mind and so does Nature Plus's B-12 5,000 mcg spray.

Third, anything can be homeopatic if it is actually proccesed in the homeopatic standard description, but honestly its just a stolen western herbal stimulant that has been around forever and is better accessed by the body in a entric based capsule.

Call it whatever you want but its original health useage was not homeopatic.

Becca
04-26-2007, 12:57 PM
First, I have to believe that homepatic remedies are even real. Which because of the vitalism concept of it all in relation to how it is supposed to cure I don't...
And yet you claim to be in the busness....

So how much research have you done into homeopathics? Just talking to people at trade shows?

Becca
04-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Also, if homeopathic theory has been around for close to 2500 years, and modern medicine for only 150 or so, which stole the what from whom? The true refining of homeopathics started in the late 18th century by Samuel Hahnemann. Luis Pasteur didn't revolutionize mircobiology till 100 years later.

I'm not doubting that modern medicine is great. But if your going to cast doubt on traditional holistic medicine in favor of modern western medicine, make sure you got you facts strait on which came first.... Most of the theory modern drugs are based off of came from the homiopathic theary that like treats like.:)

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Interesting about perperment for stomach aches. I have tried that, but it never worked, Now Ginger on the other hand is a whole different ball game. I have been so naucious that I could not stand, been throwing up till there was nothing left and dry heaving till I thought I would die.

Theresa would go to the healthfood store, and come back with some Reed's extra Ginger, Ginger ale. I would slowly sip that and feel an almost INSTANT cooling and dispersing of my stomach ache, nausea and most related symptoms. This is something that NOTHING in Modern medicine can compete with. It only works with Ginger Ale made traditionally with real Ginger. The crap from Jewle just gives me material to heave later and has no curative powers at all.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Also,
When my daughter was little, she was plagued by ear infections. Every time we would go to the doctor, he would prescribe antibiotics that would take 3-4 or even 5 days to really relive her ear aches.

One time she got hit with a perticularly bad one. By this time she had been on every antibiotic a 2 yearold could have, and each time she was responding less and less to stronger, and stronger ones. This time, the doctor prescribed her the strongest possible antibiotic a child her age could have... that was it, there was nothing else after this. She already used up every other type.

After some thought, I decided not to give it to her, and instead gave her an herbal formula I had been working on for some time. I figured if it didn't help, we had the prescription in hand so there was nothing to loose.

I started working this perticular herbal formula specifically because of all the nasty ear infections she kept getting. After some analysis of what was occuring with her ears, I created a formula that LITERALLY took her ear ache, and feaver away in 40 minutes flat. She returned to her normal, bouncy, happy, self THAT fast!

Black Jack, think about that for a monent, you think it's all a placebo? This was an herbal formula *I* created, from limited knowledge and just a basic understanding of the principals, and gave to her after the doctor diagnosed her with yet another difficult to treat (by western methods) infection, to which he prescribed the baddest, most powerful antibiotic avaliable to her. We were looking at another 4-5 days of a cranky, crabby little girl who could not sleep, was in great pain, crying, and would have suffered for 3 or 4-5 more days the western way.

*I* fixed it in 40 minutes FLAT!...and you say this stuff is a Placebo? Can Placebo's totally remove measurably high feavers? Can they work on 2 yearolds who don't really know what you are giving them in the firstplace? I think not.

What happened is natural medicine proved it's superiority to modern medicine in yet another case.

SevenStar
04-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I would question those doctors. They should have put tubes in her ears.

Mas Judt
04-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Well, my family relies on TCM for primary healthcare. I have found a greater level of efficacy for most basic needs, and cures for conditions that the Allopaths had no treatment for.

Allopathy has always shrouded itsef in respectability and behind the scientific method, but it's actual behavior has often been as suspect as other modalities. A little known fact is that the AMA has been successfully sued for racketeering in order to put competitors out of business. And if you look at Allopathy's history, they have done plenty of harm among the good. Mostly out of arrogance. (like saying diet or vittamins don't matter in regards to cancer, and having doctors defrocked for saying it might matter - even seeking criminal prosecution.)

So, Allopathy is certainly not perfect.

But, it has come a long, long way. By seeking to apply the scientific method to traditional healing methods, it offers the opportunity to find what really works and what does not. Howeever, the arrogance associated with it often blinds it from doing good. For instance: The placebo effect is well documented and very effective. Shouldn't we look at how to replicate it rather than avoid it?

On the other hand, a lot of things grouped under 'natural healing' are pure hokum - and deserve to be banned before they do harm.

I can argue both sides of this issue, but I canot argue with the efficacy of TCM as medical modality. Homeopathy - I have much the same concerns that Black Jack has - the vitalist theory has failed every time under scientific testing.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Seven *,
We did eventualy put tubes in her ears. Back then though, it was not done as much as it is now.

We decided to do it because even though my method took care of the infection right quick, it still did not prevent them.

This leads me to my next point, insted of the poo pooing of the traditional methods by modern doctors, and traditional healers poo pooing the modern, we should blend them into one big system, and do what works best for each given situation.

Black Jack II
04-26-2007, 04:00 PM
And yet you claim to be in the busness....

I don't claim, I am in the business.

Let me say this first as I don't want to insult you personally but since your undertaking a form of study which I am not a big believer in, I don't want you to think its specific to you.

So how much research have you done into homeopathics? Just talking to people at trade shows?

I am not a homeopathic expert by any means, its a small subset of what I have to know, but I have met a LOT of people on the ground floor, by that I mean consumers when I am in the field, training retail stores I tend to get a very good dose of feedback and I use my own assumptions based on what I see as logical.

Beyond that, yes I have also gone to many trade shows and health conferences for the natural health care field, I have spoken to some very knowledgable holistic players and some real dimwits, from very smart people like Dr. Cass Ingram to massive nutbags like Kevin Trudeau.

Also, if homeopathic theory has been around for close to 2500 years, and modern medicine for only 150 or so, which stole the what from whom?

Really Becca, look at how the two sciences, cough-cough, are different and it should be easy to say there not really related to any great degree at all. It does not matter that Luis Pasteur didn't revolutionize mircobiology till 100 years later as they are two vastly different disciplines.:)

Black Jack, think about that for a monent, you think it's all a placebo? This was an herbal formula *I* created, from limited knowledge and just a basic understanding of the principals, and gave to her after the doctor diagnosed her with yet another difficult to treat (by western methods) infection, to which he prescribed the baddest, most powerful antibiotic avaliable to her. We were looking at another 4-5 days of a cranky, crabby little girl who could not sleep, was in great pain

First, what you did could of become a dangerous plan, I see it ALL the time and its why I get very uncomfortable around holistic medicine in certain regards. You self prescribed with almost ZERO knowledge.

Could your herbal mix of helped, yeah sure, but a lot of things could have caused it to go away on a number of different microlevels, but you also could of caused unintended damage.

What happened is natural medicine proved it's superiority to modern medicine in yet another case.

No proof in that in any way that can be redocumented over and over. But hey thats cool.

This is something that NOTHING in Modern medicine can compete with.

Ah, yeah man, there is tons of stuff for the stomach that people swear by, some of it prescription.

So, Allopathy is certainly not perfect.

Not by a long shot. But at least they have some benchmark I can track ya know. I think the best bet is a combo of the both with a realistic dose of sanity on the side.

mickey
04-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Greetings,

Black Jack II:

I noticed a thread at the empty flower forum on Dr LaTourrette. Some guy put up links one of which seems to have inspired your thread near to the point of plagiarism.

http://www.scamfraudalert.com/showthread.php?t=2548

I thought you had some first hand experience of your own to call the man a snake oil salesman.

To rely on only one person's post as gospel about another human being is abysmal. To practically plagiarize, even worse.

This is not an attack. I simply think you are being unjust with your representations.

mickey

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-26-2007, 06:09 PM
No proof in that in any way that can be redocumented over and over. But hey thats cool.

Reply]
Well, if you can get someone interested in doing a clinical trial on young kids with cronic ear infections, I am willing to put the formula to the test. You will get all the redocumentation you can handle.

Black Jack II
04-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Number one, you don't know if I was on that thread or not.

Two if your counting the fact that I mentioned his magic belief its been known for awhile, three you must be basing this on the snake oil salesmen line.

Flying-Monkey
04-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Also, if homeopathic theory has been around for close to 2500 years, and modern medicine for only 150 or so, which stole the what from whom? The true refining of homeopathics started in the late 18th century by Samuel Hahnemann. Luis Pasteur didn't revolutionize mircobiology till 100 years later.

I'm not doubting that modern medicine is great. But if your going to cast doubt on traditional holistic medicine in favor of modern western medicine, make sure you got you facts strait on which came first.... Most of the theory modern drugs are based off of came from the homiopathic theary that like treats like.:)

Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U

mickey
04-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Black Jack II,

Your earlier posts gave absolutely no indication of knowing anything about him. Then suddenly, he is a snake oil salesman.

I have studied some of his materials, by the way: especially some of the mental stuff. You cannot simply sit through it. You would need a notebook and a pen to take notes. Then you have to implement it on some level. And that is at that point where it is easy for one to simply fall short and then call the methods a bunch of hokiness.

He does charge quite a bit for what he offers; yet, I have found the return to be far greater than the expense so far.

I am glad I took the opportunity to find out for myself (Hint, hint). I am in a better place for doing so.

Peace Brother

mickey

Black Jack II
04-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Mickey,

Bro, you have to realize first your talking to a person who is skeptical on a number of levels when it comes to the many different forms of energy psychology people are pushing in the marketplace.

For a better word that is what this is, stuff like time line therapy, eft, huna, silva, trans med, it's kinda like how I feel about the whole holistic nutrition field in some regards, there is some good but also a lot of bad and with a lot of self taught alternative psychologists and self help experts out there, I would put it down as mostly bad, sometimes very bad.

Maybe he does have something to offer in terms of self help methods, I am not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater on everything, but when I see this website listed below, sometimes man you only need a few things to warn you away.

http://www.mentaltrainingsecrets.com/

Remote Viewing......come one Mickey.:cool: Just take a look at the site bro.

Plus, was this guy not the one selling some handbook about how to be a mafia hitman under a different alias, oddly though I have no problem with this, its the type of stuff you used to find in Loompanics and people have the right to make as much money as possible.

Well, if you can get someone interested in doing a clinical trial on young kids with cronic ear infections, I am willing to put the formula to the test. You will get all the redocumentation you can handle.

Is it a chinese forumla, what are the herbs, who gave you the idea to try it on a ear infection?

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-27-2007, 07:33 AM
It is my own formula, and is a mix of european and chinese herbs.

As for who gave me the idea, I gave it to myself. I had used these herbs in combinations before, for stuffy noses and such, what I did was re tweak the mixtures so it dried the tubes in the ears really good.

I used Golden seal as an immune booster, Ecinacea because it is for ear aches, but I also added Ginko Bilobia becasue the western research I was looking at at the time showed it to be a vascio dialator, specifically in the head. The research attiuted measurable hearing and eye site improvement as well as memory improvement to the improved blood flow to these areas.

I figured an increase in blood flow would help flush out the infection. I used mahuang to do the drying.

My thinking was that the stuffyness gave a good breeding ground for infection, so if I got rid of that and boosted the immune system a bit, it should clear out better than antibiotics.

My thinking was that the western method did not tackle the fact that the excess fluid created a great breeding ground for infection.

I did not expect it to work so quickly or completely. My thought was it would help by drying the ear cannal. The sudden and total reduction in feaver, and her telling me the pain was completely gone 40 minutes later was a total suprise to me.

For dosage, I used my Chinese materia medica's recomendation for adults and i cut that down to be 25% of the adult dose. This would be the weight in raw dried herb, not comercially prepared concentrations.

For the dose of the European herbs, I did the same based on volume because the books did not have weighted measurements.

I used this formula for some time, before we eventually had the tubes put in her ears. The only addition to it was Willlow Tree bark to help with feaver. This was yeas later though, after she had long out grown the tubes, and had gotten an earache and infection from swimming. Again, the formula cleared the pain and feaver, just not as fast as the first time we used it. I suspect I under doesed her at the older age.

mickey
04-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Hi Black Jack II,

I see where you are coming from and I respect it. To each his own experience.

Take Care,

mickey

Black Jack II
04-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Dude,:confused:

It is my own formula

As for who gave me the idea, I gave it to myself. I had used these herbs in combinations before, for stuffy noses and such, what I did was re tweak the mixtures so it dried the tubes in the ears really good.

You just showcased why people can make holistic nutrition a very poor choice because you self prescribed and basically guessed on what would be the right combination.

I used Golden seal as an immune booster

Yes, Golden Seal is a decent immune booster often used on the onset of a cold. The active constituent is berberine which possess good activity against a wide range of bacteria but it can also interfer with the absorption of antibiotics and cause a drop in blood sugar.

Ecinacea because it is for ear aches

Yep, Ecinacea is good for ear infections because of its bacteria fighting attributes.

but I also added Ginkgo Bilobia becasue the western research I was looking at at the time showed it to be a vascio dialator, specifically in the head

Did you also do the research that shows that ginkgo can cause headaches, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and even orthostatic hypotenion, as well as a few rare cases of spontaneous bleeding.

If she was on any antidepressants than Ginkgo can really up the chance for seizures. That is all rare but I am trying to get a point across.

I figured an increase in blood flow would help flush out the infection. I used mahuang to do the drying.

There is the key problem, you figured, I didn't know "figured" was a scientific measuring system. Let's not even get into the Ephedra you gave her. I am pro-Ephedra and believe it should still be on the mainstream market as it has wonderfull use, but it's this play doctor part of the equation that caused people to lose it in the first place.

I am all for people using herbs to help themselves get restoration over there own self, its a ageless system of healing of subjective symptoms, but when people start to self medicate it can sometimes get tricky.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-27-2007, 08:41 AM
You just showcased why people can make holistic nutrition a very poor choice because you self prescribed and basically guessed on what would be the right combination.

Reply]
Thta depends on how much you study. You also have to know your level of knowledge and not cross it. it'sliike racing a car, you don't over drive your skills, or the capeabilitues of your car.

I can handle most common things myself with the knowledge I have. I can even treat my gout myself in all but the most extreme attacks (Which i got to Western meds for becasue I have not found natural ones that work on really bad attacks). That said, 98% of my giut I cna mange myself by just drinking a lot of Cheryy jiuce.

Now, what i am weak on is diagnostics. If I am not dealing wiht something i have seen before, like colds, basic flu, earaches, gout or common martial realated stuff I go to the doctor first to at least find out what the problem is. If it's something Ican't figure out fast with some study in my library, I just follow the Western doctor's advice. But to be honest, there is not much I have needed Western medicne for in a good 15 years now.

Even my back injury, they told me I would NEED surgurey, and physical therapy would not work in my case. I decided to try it anyway, and quickly found out they were right. HOWEVER I also saw WHY they were right, and also how to solve it so physical therapy would work.

I designed my own routine, got my physical therapist to sign off on it, and today I am healed. My Therapist even commented to em that he was going to borrow some of my techniques and add them to his toolbox for future paitents.

I can even kick over my head again, and with continued practice even the power is comming back. I am starting to see that my head level kicks may even have knock down power again in the near future.

So if you do the research, often times it is bettter to take charge of your own health.

as for the comments on Ginkgo, I was not aware of that at the time (I am now though). Once i discovred that I think it is a risk only in high, and prolonged dosages commonly seen in these daily memory enhancing pills you find at healthfood stores.

also with Mahuang, i heard it was avalaible again, but only under certian concentrations. I think the raw dried herb is legal once again. I'd have to check on that though.

Black Jack II
04-27-2007, 08:56 AM
also with Mahuang, i heard it was avalaible again, but only under certian concentrations. I think the raw dried herb is legal once again. I'd have to check on that though

Most healthfood stores will stay away from it. Insurance reasons.

But you can get it online as a product called VasoPro.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-27-2007, 08:58 AM
I don't use other people's products, only raw, dried herb, preferably stems, not ground up..

Black Jack II
04-27-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't use other people's products, only raw, dried herb, preferably stems, not ground up..

I go the other way. I use those companies I know and trust. People who have a excellent stock of organic grade supplements which have been systematically tested to the hilt.

I tend to do my herbs in a standerized extract for the purpose I may be taking it for or even sometimes in a tea. Some good companies are Nature's Answer, Planetary Formulas, Source Naturals, Gaia Herbs, Ridgecrest Herbals, Inc, New Chapter, for a few.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-27-2007, 09:39 AM
I don't lik eot do that for several reasons;

One the combinations are allways someone else's idea, and fit someone else's needs, never my own.

Two it is always way more expensive usieng someone else's preperations.

And three, if I did it your way I would not have a good excuse to ferment rice wine, and make a home still for my stove top.

Black Jack II
04-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Two it is always way more expensive usieng someone else's preperations.

Yes, its expensive but I know the companies, having been to a number of there labs and to me its worth it, but yeah I have seen people spend a VAST amount on supplements that would shock you.

One the combinations are allways someone else's idea, and fit someone else's needs, never my own.

Nah, they are general condition based forumlas put together by some very talented doctors and highly experianced formulators, if you want lets say something specific to make one of your own combo's that is easy, giant single herb sections, with almost anything you want.

I remeber I put together some good free-test unlocking formulas based off of catauba, avena sativa, stinging nettles, water-based tongkat ali and some optizinc a few times from those bins.

Shaolinlueb
04-27-2007, 11:14 AM
the related videos were on torets syndrom and stuff!!!

this is the best one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_KDZnVxfDU

p.s.
that guy is fast.

Becca
04-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Not superior, just a different route. Both natural and modern western medicine have thier uses. Antibiotics are not the devil's torture. They just are not the cure-all western medicine makes them out to be. Holistic healing has it's own "anitibiotics", too. they are tea tree oil, colloidal silver, and ginger. ;)

Becca
04-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Not by a long shot. But at least they have some benchmark I can track ya know. I think the best bet is a combo of the both with a realistic dose of sanity on the side.
So if I start posting links to scientific studies proving these treatments, would you read them? I'm guessing by your responces you have not read the ones i've already posted. Including the fact that Pasteur based his research on vaccines off of homeopathy research?

Becca
04-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U
Very nice. A critic being critical... I noticed the reference of giving poison to cure a desease... So the radiation must not be poisonous to humans as this is the primary modern cure for practically all cancers, though many cancer victoms actually die from the chemo, not the cancer. Because this would make him a hypocritic...

Black Jack II
04-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Becca,

What links have your provided?

I say one about peppermint which is just a link about peppermint than one about the standard blanket statement about homeoapthy.

Honestly, Randi who btw I am a big fan of, said a lot of it pretty clear. But yes I am always open to read anything if given the time. Saying that Pasteur based his research on vaccines off of homeopathy research is not a scientific study. From what I have read is that the germ theory actually was the theory that got rid of Vitalism.

Vitalism you still have not said you believe in it or not to make homeopathy work.

Becca
04-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Vitalism you still have not said you believe in or not to make homeopathy work.
Vitalism = the earth is flat becuase we don't fall off.

biology = We know know the earth is not flat because we've had a few thousand more years to study it...

Why whould I believe that theory? That does not mean there are not grains of truth, as we now know it. Vitalism is one of the building blocks of science dating back to Hippocrates. It correctly distingushed between organic and inorganic material. After a couple thousand years, we know know that it is not an imballance of humors that make us sick, but rather infections, poor diet/activity habits, age related issues, ect. But that does not invalidate the theory that keeping oneself healthy and ballance is not a good way to prevent desease.

Becca
04-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Becca,

What links have your provided?

I say one about peppermint which is just a link about peppermint than one about the standard blanket statement about homeoapthy.

You said the use of pepermint was not homeopathy. I provided liks to both the ful definition of homeopathy and pepermint as it is used in natural medicine. reading them would have shown the pepermint fits the definition of homeopathy as well as that of broader natural medicine....

Black Jack II
04-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Why whould I believe that theory?

You say this above and then this following statement.

Vitalism is one of the building blocks of science dating back to Hippocrates. It correctly distingushed between organic and inorganic material.

Which is it?

Vitalism is NOT one of the building blocks of science, you can try and rearrange the homeopathic term all you want but that peg won't fit into the round hole. Hahnemann believed that personal health was a balance act but that the vital spirit of the body was the one doing the actual balancing, in specific he means healing.

How is that a building block of modern science? Did you actually listen to the full Randi clip?

Hahnemann stated that chronic disease was caused by miasms/spirits which contaminated people through the skin and the best way to fight off the miasms was to help the body's vitalism use it's own natural spirit.

Sounds a little odd to me, it may of come a way from those old days, but that core is still there somewhere.

Becca
04-27-2007, 02:38 PM
You say this above and then this following statement.

Which is it?

Vitalism is NOT one of the building blocks of science, you can try and rearrange the homeopathic term all you want but that peg won't fit into the round hole. Hahnemann believed that personal health was a balance act but that the vital spirit of the body was the one doing the actual balancing, in specific he means healing.

How is that a building block of modern science? Did you actually listen to the full Randi clip?

Hahnemann stated that chronic disease was caused by miasms/spirits which contaminated people through the skin and the best way to fight off the miasms was to help the body's vitalism use it's own natural spirit.

Sounds a little odd to me, it may of come a way from those old days, but that core is still there somewhere.
No. I went to a nutral source for my information. Nothing agaist experts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitalism) But they tend to be biased tward thier own beliefs.

Black Jack II
04-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Wikipedia is an expert;)

I am not saying people of homeopathic medicine did not influence life beyond there own time here, its just that it has come and gone in a lot of ways, except ****epathic medicine is still pretty big in Europe, but trying to say that it is the building block of modern science, to me is a little bit of a stretch.

There was a lot that went into modern science.

Becca
04-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Wikipedia is an expert;) No, it's a NUTRAL SOURCE. But thanks for the proof you either have no reading comp skills or just flat out are not reading my posts.

... but trying to say that it is the building block of modern science, to me is a little bit of a stretch.

There was a lot that went into modern science.
I said it was one of them. Yet more proof...

Black Jack II
04-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Becca,

Don't get ****y with me because your trying to make some bogus holistic practice sound like a real science when in reality its more like an antiscience based ideology.

Vitalism is nonsense, and its the founding force of homeo-therapy, the idea of a metaphyysical life force has never been verified, nor is the theory of its existance required to explain a biological activity.

Becca
04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm getting p!ssy because you are trying to say I'm wrong by miss-quoting me and putting words in my mouth. You have yet to post a link to substantiate anything you have to say. The only thing you have done is agree with someone else's link to a YouTube video. I have no doubt you firmly belive everything you say. My 5-year-old believes everything he says, too. I'm done feeding this troll.

Black Jack II
04-30-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm getting p!ssy because you are trying to say I'm wrong by miss-quoting me and putting words in my mounth.

No, your getting upset, which I knew you would because of the context of the debate and your attachment to it.

You have yet to post a link to substantiate

I don't need to do that. This is about my personal assumption on the topic, which I have been clear about Becca, I am not saying don't use homeopathic practices at all, it may have some merit in certain regards for some people, this whole deal started when you brought up people, not just one person, curing themselves of cancer by this specific practice.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-30-2007, 11:24 AM
I never understood how Homeapothy works. I get the general idea that you stimulate the immune system by introducing a small amount of a substance that triggres the same symptoms that are being experianced, but how does diluting it so much accomplish that?

It just seems to me that the substances are too diluted to accomplish the goal.