PDA

View Full Version : Mike Martello Washington Oct. 07

Three Harmonies
04-24-2007, 09:09 AM
I am very happy to announce that Mike Martello will be hosted by me and the Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center here in Seattle, WA. for his only US visit in 2007! We will be having two full weekends of seminars and hands on workshops the first two weekends in October 2007. In between Mike will be available for private lessons, and small group engagements (and kicking my but in the interim! ;) ).
We have not finalized a curriculum yet so please stay tuned for details on price, times, and material covered. Basically both weekends will be principle based, with tons and tons of apps (especially shuai and chin na as those are some of his favorites).
For those of you coming in from out of town please contact me privately and I can give you some pointers on where to stay and what is going on.
Mike needs no introduction here. He currently lives in Belgium teaching the Chinese arts to those interested in learning. A perpetual student Mike's approach to the arts is unique in that his focus is truly on body development and awareness. He truly believes that it does not matter how much power you have, if you have not created a place to issue it! Listening power is key to this understanding.
Please search "Mike Martello" on www.youtube.com to see hours of footage of Mike's previous seminars, training sessions, and classes. Also visit www.wutan.be for more info on Mike and his arts.
If you are serious about developing your traditional arts you do not want to miss this opportunity to train with one of the best. Mike rarely comes stateside to visit his friend and student Jake Burroughs, so make sure you jump on his only US visit for 2007!

Further questions and comments please contact Jake Burroughs!
Cheers
Jake Burroughs
206-941-3232
three_harmonies@hotmail.com
www.threeharmonies.com

EarthDragon
04-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I got so excited for a second. I thought it was washinton DC! cant you boys ever make it to the east coast?

do you know what's ****her from NY than anything else in the continental US?
Seattle.................. ****!

yu shan
04-25-2007, 06:29 AM
I think Belgium to Washington is furthur. ;) It might be a hard draw but I wish you guys success. I firmly believe in learning, there must be sacrifice and commitment. If it is worth it to your martial learning then the trip should be taken. JMO.

German Bai Lung
04-25-2007, 08:53 AM
The trip is worth to everyone of you! You all should take the chance to meet Sifu Martello! I travel from Germany to Belgium whenever I can ....

NJM
04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
What style is he, exactly? (of NPM)

TaichiMantis
04-26-2007, 07:38 AM
What style is he, exactly? (of NPM)

Eight Step (http://www.8-step.com/index.html)

excerpt:

Thanks to Mr. Wang Chieh, long-time student of Grandmaster Wei who continues to teach 8-Step to a new generation, and Mr. Mike Martello, one of Mr. Wang's students, for providing some wonderful, new photos for the gallery.

Three Harmonies
04-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Styles are meaningless. Mike has trained in many different systems. He focuses on core principles and applied theory now-a-days.
Hope you can join us!
Cheers
Jake :)

EarthDragon
04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
well said Jake, to the point!