PDA

View Full Version : video: Eddie Bravo chokes a kung fu dude at a seminar

MasterKiller
04-25-2007, 06:55 AM
Eddie: (unintelligable)...start doing Kung Fu and Karate and ****.

Dude: What about kung fu and Karate

E: This is a Jujitsu class, alright you don't go of to the side and start doing kata... You don't do that ****. (Huge noise)... get a tap. It's a lot better than that (bull)****.

Dude: (Can't be heard)

Dude: Say something else to me say something else to me *as he's charging*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4MJanRISu8&eurl=

Mas Judt
04-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Looks staged.

xcakid
04-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Hmm....so you know that you are in a BJJ class. The guy putting on the seminar knows BJJ. His element is on the ground. Yet you go up close and try to fight his game. That's not very smart is it?

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Looks staged.

Totally.........

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Not staged.

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Hmm....so you know that you are in a BJJ class. The guy putting on the seminar knows BJJ. His element is on the ground. Yet you go up close and try to fight his game. That's not very smart is it?

The guy was pi$$ed and Eddie was egging him on. How else are would he be able to beat him up when Eddie was just standing there? Of course he had to get up close. Eddie wasn't going after him, he was the one who was ticked off and wanted to take Eddie out.

MasterKiller
04-25-2007, 09:42 AM
The guy was pi$$ed and Eddie was egging him on. How else are would he be able to beat him up when Eddie was just standing there? Of course he had to get up close. Eddie wasn't going after him, he was the one who was ticked off and wanted to take Eddie out.

Do you know the back story to this?

rogue
04-25-2007, 09:46 AM
How bad was the other guy injured?

xcakid
04-25-2007, 09:53 AM

Ahhh...my point exactly. That guy did not learn or listen when they were teaching self control in his own class was he. What's wrong with just saying, "your full of $hit." And then walk out. Its like trying to fight al alligator in water.

Also he tried to tackle that Eddie guy. Why the hell would you do that when you know for a fact that he is a ground fighter.

All this goes back to lack of self control and a big ego. Either that or this whole video was staged beautifully.

Black Jack II
04-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Also if its not staged, how does anyone here know he is a kung fu, karate, or anyother fighter.

Where do people get this style branding down?

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Either way, it was just some wanker that obviously forgot to DO what he rushed in to defend in the first place.

With all the striking in MMA nowadays, You'd think people would realize that the guy went in TOO close for striking. If he was a hitter, wheres the hitting?

It looks like BS to me.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Becasue he got offended and said "Whats wrong with Kung Fu and karate" like it was personal. This leads the viewers to belive he is a Kung Fu and/Or Karate guy..

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-25-2007, 10:09 AM
He charged in, hands DOWN, Stoppped for a sec and let the takedown happpen.

Who was the guy who jumped in and was kicking too?

MasterKiller
04-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Becasue he got offended and said "Whats wrong with Kung Fu and karate" like it was personal. This leads the viewers to belive he is a Kung Fu and/Or Karate guy..

Apparently, from the conversation, the guy got up and started doing a "kata" while the class was going on.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-25-2007, 10:20 AM
I wish they had shown that part too.

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Do you know the back story to this?

Guy was screwing around, talking sh!t and doing other stuff during the class and got called on it.

Either way, it was just some wanker that obviously forgot to DO what he rushed in to defend in the first place.
With all the striking in MMA nowadays, You'd think people would realize that the guy went in TOO close for striking. If he was a hitter, wheres the hitting?

The guy came in to throw a punch and Eddie changed levels, so he couldn't throw the punch as he had intended. Because he was moving forward, he was already being clinched before he could change up to another strike. All he was left with was a half-a$$ed defense against the takedown.

How bad was the other guy injured?

Not injured... just put to sleep from a triangle choke.

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 11:25 AM
At NO point did he try to hit Bravo. :rolleyes:

Mas Judt
04-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Looks like it was staged.

If it wasn't, the guy was a tool and deserved what he got.

There are tools everywhere... there are just as many these days in 'mma' schools as there are from 'ma' schools.

Good fighting skills get respect. I've said it over ad over - I've always been respected by good MMA guys - and I respect them - we seek many of the same things. Never really experienced the kind of silliness I read online, and in fact have had more conflicts with 'tma' types over the years. So I don't really have a dog in this fight, but the video doesn't really show a fight.

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 11:33 AM
At NO point did he try to hit Bravo. :rolleyes:

His original intent was to punch. Watch his right hand come back as he charges in... that's not how you come in if you are going to grapple with someone. He couldn't throw the punch because he was forced to defend the takedown.

Mas Judt
04-25-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't see him doing anything that resembles decent fighting....

Mas Judt
04-25-2007, 11:35 AM
So either staged or a tool...

How about the luck of having that camera running, eh?

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
the video doesn't really show a fight.

Two guys talking crap to each other. One guy gets ticked off and charges in. Gets taken down and choked unconscious.

That's not a fight?

Black Jack II
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Come on Knife,

You have to say from that vid alone it looks a little suspect??

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 11:59 AM
His original intent was to punch. Watch his right hand come back as he charges in... that's not how you come in if you are going to grapple with someone. He couldn't throw the punch because he was forced to defend the takedown.

Charging in with your hands buy your side is not how you come in if you are going to strike someone!

Nor would someone trained in striking pull back before they strike, which he didn't (meaningfully), or leave their hands at their waist.

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Charging in with your hands buy your side is not how you come in if you are going to strike someone!

Nor would someone trained in striking pull back before they strike, which he didn't (meaningfully), or leave their hands at their waist.

Theoretically it shouldn't happen, at least. However, it's actually quite common for people "trained" in striking (at least the forms dancers who don't really fight) to enter like this.

Here's another example. This guy was a San Soo instructor who was trained specifically in striking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW4vKszHhtY
Pretty much the same thing happened there.

Black Jack II
04-25-2007, 12:16 PM
God that is an old vid,

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Heres' another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eoRlhQYACw&mode=related&search=

Same old, same old.

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, niether of them were trying to punch anyone. :p

excluding karate man

xcakid
04-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Here's another example. This guy was a San Soo instructor who was trained specifically in striking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW4vKszHhtY
Pretty much the same thing happened there.

Wow!! That's an eye opener. I am thinking the guy really sucks at San Soo Kung Fu for him to let a guy shoot into him like that.

I have a friend, well a good acquintance at least that teaches San Soo in SoCal. When all this UFC wrestling crap came to popularity, I watched him take on a blue belt from one of the Gracie's studios in Costa Mesa I think. He held his own pretty well against being taken down. In the few times he was taken down though, he was a bit disadvantaged. He wanted to do eye gouges, bite and grab the groin and squeze but couldn't. I recall the guy reffing kept yelling, "you cant do that!!". So he ended up tapping out a couple of times during their sparring session. But he was doing a lot of Judo like throws every time they clinched. Problem was the BJJ guy would let him throw him. And drag my friend down with him. They end up clinching in the ground at that point.

That is just suprising to see that guy get taken down so quick. :eek:

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Well, niether of them were trying to punch anyone. :p

Exactly... it's not uncommon for people who do mostly forms and two man drills to freeze up and not be able to get a punch off against a takedown.

Here's another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naWEbPDz80w&mode=related&search=

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Kempo and San soo dude didn't get punches off because they were trying to get kicks off, which the dude in question was not. They atleast made efforts to do something the guy in question did nothing.

MasterKiller
04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Kempo and San soo dude didn't get punches off because they were trying to get kicks off, which the dude in question was not. They atleast made efforts to do something the guy in question did nothing.

He pulls his right arm back as he charges in, but never commits.

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 12:58 PM
No he doesn't it stays at his waist :mad: :D

MasterKiller
04-25-2007, 01:04 PM
No he doesn't it stays at his waist :mad: :D

at 0.44 he assumes a punching stance and ****s his arm.

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Nope sorry :p

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 01:20 PM
The guy came in to throw a punch and Eddie changed levels, so he couldn't throw the punch as he had intended. Because he was moving forward, he was already being clinched before he could change up to another strike. All he was left with was a half-a$$ed defense against the takedown.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, wrong..................

Unless the guy has no knees to bend with, the striking should have been happening at arms length regardless of level. So Bravo ducked down a little bit, so what.

If its not fake, its really stupid. A perfect example of how NOT to use strikes.

The Xia
04-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Why is the title of this thread "video: Eddie Bravo chokes a kung fu dude at a seminar"? :rolleyes:
Where is the evidence that this man is a Kung Fu dude? And a real Kung Fu dude at that.

If this video isn't staged, why is Eddie bothering with that guy in the first place? Why does he care if the guy is doing forms on his own without bothering anybody. Since it's a seminar, it's not really his student and he is still getting paid right? Not to mention, why does he have to knock Kung Fu and Karate?

But It looks staged to me. The way the so-called Karate/Kung Fu guy attacks just doesn't look right to me. That doesn't look like he is going in for a strike to me. I've seen people who are neither trained or untrained fighters do WAAAAAY better then that. I don't care what Knifefighter says about it. It looks to me like Knifefighter just wants another video that can be used to argue that "MMA PWNS TMA".

Either way, it speaks volumes about Eddie Bravo's character to me.

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 01:24 PM
at 0.44 he assumes a punching stance and ****s his arm.

No he didn't, he went straight through. He NEVER stopped. He went straight in.

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
It looks to me like Knifefighter just wants another video that can be used to argue that "MMA PWNS TMA".

Not even, for it to be MMA it would have to include striking. :rolleyes:

I guess there hasn't been a good BJJ owns all video in a while so Bravo manufactured one.

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
As per the videos.

They are great examples of point/frozen man fighters.

There is no question that type of fighter will get owned. How this became an issue is in KF's mind alone, I guess.

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Why is the title of this thread "video: Eddie Bravo chokes a kung fu dude at a seminar"? :rolleyes:
Where is the evidence that this man is a Kung Fu dude? And a real Kung Fu dude at that.

Because it wouldn't be drama without it. LOL @ bravo including both kung fu and karate to make it even more all encompassing. Get people ****ed on all sides of the coin.

Mulong
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
This isn't about styles, but individuals...

SevenStar
04-25-2007, 01:38 PM
...And a real Kung Fu dude at that.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone said that.

If this video isn't staged, why is Eddie bothering with that guy in the first place? Why does he care if the guy is doing forms on his own without bothering anybody. Since it's a seminar, it's not really his student and he is still getting payed right? Not to mention, why does he have to knock Kung Fu and Karate?

it's not just about getting paid. it's about the seminar. whether you paid me or not, I am there teaching and it's disrespectful for some jerk off to start doing kata somewhere, not to mention that it distracts the people who DO want to learn.

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
The arm may have been half C-cked but it wasn't loaded. ;) He would have had the time to at least start a punch, and since he was charging he should of had the intention. It's just not a convincing enough action to prove he intended to punch, it leaves plenty of room for reasonable doubt. :cool:

If it is real then it is a prime example of someone who is completely delusional, much like Mighty Mo the Great White Ninja at the bottom of the page. Some TMA guy pays to go to a BJJ seminar gets bored :confused: decides to completely disrespect the instructor by practicing something else off the side. Gets called on it, gets upset :rolleyes:, then tries to beat up the instructor? :eek:

I have know people stupid enough to act like this but no one who has actually trained any descent amount. It's just not something any reasonable person would do. But niether is charging with your hands down. :D

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
it's not just about getting paid. it's about the seminar. whether you paid me or not, I am there teaching and it's disrespectful for some jerk off to start doing kata somewhere, not to mention that it distracts the people who DO want to learn.

At someone else's school I would assume. If you did that **** in my school to one of my students, the seminar would be over and you can bet all monies would be returned. Then 10 guys would be bouncing your ass out the door. The one disrespecting here is Bravo. The guy was off to the side doing his own thing. SUPPOSEDLY.

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
The arm may have been half C-cked but it wasn't loaded. ;) He would have had the time to at least start a punch, and since he was charging he should of had the intention. It's just not a convincing enough action to prove he intended to punch, it leaves plenty of room for reasonable doubt. :cool:

If it is real then it is a prime example of someone who is completely delusional, much like Mighty Mo the Great White Ninja at the bottom of the page. Some TMA guy pays to go to a BJJ seminar gets bored :confused: decides to completely disrespect the instructor by practicing something else off the side. Gets called on it, gets upset :rolleyes:, then tries to beat up the instructor? :eek:

I have know people stupid enough to act like this but no one who has actually trained any descent amount. It's just not something any reasonable person would do. But niether is charging with your hands down. :D

God forbid we actually use logic....... ;)

I agree, smells from here.

The arm might have bee in Paris for all that it matters here. His belly beat him to the punch and touched first. Bravo did even have to do much forward movement.

SevenStar
04-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I just watched the vid. the guy looked like he did intend to swing. However, he closed way to much and additionally, bravo closed on him - he had no room to strike, so he lowered his hand and tried to defend the takedown.

SevenStar
04-25-2007, 01:51 PM

the intention was there, the distance was not. His distancing was way off - maybe he just sucked.

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Wishful thinking. There was no swing. :rolleyes:

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm sorry to ruin this JJ Photo op, but no, there is no swing and not even the remotest attempt at a strike. Unless hitting him with his Dick was the object of the attack.

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Dropped his hand?

He never raised his hand, it was at his waist and went straight to the back of EB knee without hesitation. If he intended to punch....:rolleyes:

SevenStar
04-25-2007, 01:53 PM
At someone else's school I would assume. If you did that **** in my school to one of my students, the seminar would be over and you can bet all monies would be returned. Then 10 guys would be bouncing your ass out the door. The one disrespecting here is Bravo. The guy was off to the side doing his own thing. SUPPOSEDLY.

he was off to the side in the middle of a seminar. You KNOW people would eventually be distracted by that, especially if the guy busted out a kata. What bravo did was in retalliation of that dude's initial disrespect. that doesn't mean it was right, but bravo did not start that altercation.

SevenStar
04-25-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm sorry to ruin this JJ Photo op, but no, there is no swing and not even the remotest attempt at a strike. Unless hitting him with his Dick was the object of the attack.

no, no swing at all. but the half c0cked hand shows what the intent was.

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 01:54 PM
I guess there hasn't been a good BJJ owns all video in a while so Bravo manufactured one.

Nah... they're all over the place.
Here's another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDmwyIh4ryQ&mode=related&search=

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Dropped his hand?

He never raised his hand, it was at his waist and went straight to the back of EB knee without hesitation. If he intended to punch....:rolleyes:

LOL @ all the guys who have never gone NHB against a grappler saying what they "think" should have happened.

SevenStar
04-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Dropped his hand?

...he woulda chambered it, or shot it straight out from where it was. and he DID pull it back, but not far. by the time he started to pull it back, it was too late.

The Xia
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
This isn't about styles, but individuals...
True. But I think Eddie Bravo was showing disrespect to Kung Fu and Karate.

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't give three ****s abouts who started anything. Talk about a total lack of common courtesy to the ownership of the school, if this were real. We didn't see a kata or where he was, he could have been at the opposite end of the floor for all we know. And what about the guys training IN THE BACK?!?!? They weren't just as distracting? Gimme a break.

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 01:58 PM
LOL @ all the guys who have never gone NHB against a grappler saying what they "think" should have happened.

Your strawman is losing hay. :p :rolleyes:

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 02:00 PM
...he woulda chambered it, or shot it straight out from where it was. and he DID pull it back, but not far. by the time he started to pull it back, it was too late.

Delusion, his hand were down preparing for a take down, as planned.

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Nah... they're all over the place.
Here's another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDmwyIh4ryQ&mode=related&search=

yawn , yet another point fighter.

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 02:07 PM
HA!, saw it in slow mo. NEVER did he attempt a strike, he stopped and waited for bravo to move in. Then his arms went directly down to the body for a grab.

Total BULL****.

He needs better choreography. :rolleyes:

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 02:14 PM
HA!, saw it in slow mo. NEVER did he attempt a strike, he stopped and waited for bravo to move in. Then his arms went directly down to the body for a grab.

Total BULL****.

He needs better choreography. :rolleyes:

LOL... if it WAS choreographed the guy would have thrown a punch.

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
LOL... if it WAS choreographed the guy would have thrown a punch.

No, its was just bad choreography with someone who doesn't know HOW to throw a punch.

Or better yet, why throw a punch if it looks fake anyways? I wonder how many takes they used on this one.

SevenStar
04-25-2007, 02:24 PM
I don't give three ****s abouts who started anything. Talk about a total lack of common courtesy to the ownership of the school, if this were real. We didn't see a kata or where he was, he could have been at the opposite end of the floor for all we know. And what about the guys training IN THE BACK?!?!? They weren't just as distracting? Gimme a break.

you have no control over the guy in the back - he works out at the gym. Before we got our own school, we were located in a fitness center - we couldn't stop their patrons from working out. the other guy was part of the seminar. that was plain disrespectful.

laugarkuen
04-25-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm gussing they kissed and made up afterwards and went for a drink with the other luvvies ;)

The main thing I would have got from this i it hadn't been staged is what a tw@t Bravo is.

TenTigers
04-25-2007, 02:31 PM
nope. Totally staged. Notice how everyone else is calmly sitting down,quietly watching, not even a sign of nervous movement,talking to each other, wondering what's up,standing up,telling the guy to back off, nothing. If it were real, Bravo would've not only grappled, but pounded the living sheit out of him, and everyone would have dragged him off, or out-something-anything. Unless everyone was stoned.

Knifefighter
04-25-2007, 02:36 PM
If it were real, Bravo would've not only grappled, but pounded the living sheit out of him, and everyone would have dragged him off, or out-something-anything. Unless everyone was stoned.

LOL @ pounding him. Eddie is a pure grappler... and he choked him completely out.

Oh, and BTW, they did drag him off... or did you miss that part?

phoenixrising
04-25-2007, 03:05 PM
In response to the posts about whose school that is, I have been to Eddie Bravo's school and that is it- he teaches in Legends gym and that is the space where he holds his regular classes, but I don't know if it was a seminar or a regular class.

Black Jack II
04-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Looks pretty staged man, I am with TenTigers on this one, look at the peeps in the class, not so much as a real shutter of excitment with the exception of the one guy who came up when they were grappling.

Either way if it is real, the guy was a tard for doing that.

SevenStar
04-25-2007, 03:51 PM
yeah it looks staged. but that guy was definitely trying to punch, regardless of the situation.

Leto
04-25-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't understand everything that happened there, couldn't hear most of what they were saying (except for the transcript provided in the first post). When the guy charged, it didn't look like he wanted to punch. If anything, it looked like he was going to try for a takedown (which seems dumb to try against a BJJ instructor). Was the kicking guy trying to kick Eddie, or the attacker guy? And they had to pry him off the guy after he was unconscious? Was he trying to kill him?
How stupid, to try and attack the instructor in his own class. Was he trying to prove something, so he could open up his own school in town? Like olden times, or kung fu movies? lol Or was he really so insulted that he would throw away all his training and charge across the room like that?

If it was staged, who was it staged for? The people in the class? If it was for video, it wasn't really clear enough to tell what happened. Maybe the other camera they had caught better footage. What did they want to film after they dragged the guy away? It's a big mystery :)

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 04:13 PM
but that guy was definitely trying to punch

was not :p

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-25-2007, 04:17 PM
i found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6MVXcaCeoI&mode=related&search=

PangQuan
04-25-2007, 04:18 PM
He charged in, hands DOWN, Stoppped for a sec and let the takedown happpen.

Who was the guy who jumped in and was kicking too?

that was the first thing i notices.

and ya, that guy that ran in to start helpling his instructor fight his battle is a douche.

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah thats hot :D

PangQuan
04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
if you watch closely. the guy is sitting in a japanes style posture, then gets up and walks away. as he comes back into the screen and does his little skip rush to the eddie guy, he has no guard up as a striker automatically would, its just in the training, and he goes immediately for eddies left leg with his right hand, first action was for grappling.

if hes a karateka hes not been doing it for long enough to have an instinctual ready posture with his hands.

regardless of what he is, does, was, this doesnt really show much about anything.

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 04:27 PM
regardless of what he is, does, was, this doesnt really show much about anything.

It does show one thing, and that's the guy wasn't gonna punch! ;)

It also shows you can't even go to the ground in a BJJ school without some extra dude trying to stomp you. :D

cjurakpt
04-25-2007, 04:41 PM
bottom line: if it wasn't staged, then the moron attacking Bravo s-u-c-k-e-d BIG time - all it "proves" is that Bravo was able to choke out an idiot with absolutely no clue about fighting; and what?

Mulong
04-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Come on, honestly, look how he staggers, and his supposed to be hitting him, and then goes straight to takedown, which was a lame move. The reality, would have been him walking up to him, i.e., upright, and attempting to strike him with over head punch, not a lame attempt to fight within a range that Bravo will be extremely comfortable in.

Also, Bravo was astute, because he had the wall to his advantage; hence, a good fighter will know that the odds were against him, because of this setup; therefore, staged.

rogue
04-25-2007, 06:53 PM
I watched it a few times and there was no setup to a punch. Those hands were almost straight down. And those students looked like they were comatose.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-25-2007, 07:07 PM
"You guys are Witnesses, Alright? All you guys are witnesses!"

David Jamieson
04-25-2007, 07:10 PM
that was some theatre.

not very good theatre, but theatre nevertheless. :p

stands out like a sore thumb it's so poorly acted.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-25-2007, 07:52 PM
It also shows you can't even go to the ground in a BJJ school without some extra dude trying to stomp you. :D

lmao

*10 characters up a chipmunks anus.

KimWingChun
04-25-2007, 08:15 PM
What it looks like is the guy comes in to punch, reacts to Eddy changing levels and drops his hand to defend the takedown. It's not so hard to imagine why he was so stiff, being so ****ed off!

Mr Punch
04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
lmao

*10 characters up a chipmunks anus.:D:D:D LTIGFF!!!

Laugh Till I Get ****ing Fired!

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 11:32 PM
and drops his hand to defend the takedown.

There was no droping of the hand! The hand was never raised! It never got higher than his waist before the taken down, from there it went straight to the back of EB's knee.

I don't care if it's fake or real. I don't care if the dude was a 20 year kung fu badass. But the dude was never even about to throw a punch!

Laukarbo
04-25-2007, 11:59 PM
hahaha that shyte was funnier than a donkey on smack..:D :D :eek:

that guy just wanted a hug but Eddie mis-understood the guys attemptions..

:D :D :D

the other guy was from jackie Chans stunt-team?
He really "kicked" the shyte out of Eddies fanboy..those kicks must have really hurt:D :D :D or maybe there were some ants on the floor next to the guy?:p

those other guys were half asleep cos this was probably 50th take of the breathtaking scene

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-26-2007, 05:48 AM
He probably was going to go in, chest to chest, nose to nose and yell really loud at extremely close range.

People from my old neighborhood would do that all the time just before they fought.

xcakid
04-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Hey I gotta a question. Is this Eddie Bravo guys suppose to be famous or something? Never heard of him before, but seems other people have. I do know Johnny Bravo from the cartoon network though, any relations?

[xcakid goes chases the turnip truck he just fell out of]

lkfmdc
04-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Oh dear lord, you guys actually created a long thread about this? Here's the news, as soon as this appeared, Eddie's students all admitted it was FAKE... Eddie actually set it up, his students at first thought it was real, but it was yet another Eddie Bravo gag... NOT REAL

Now you can go on to other threads....

Mas Judt
04-26-2007, 09:15 AM
1 Mas Judt

0 for Knifefighter

Mas Judt
04-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Did anyone actually beleive this was real?

We all know there are plenty of tools out there (MMA now produces more than anybody, nobody is safe from wannabees).

But why be such a d!ck and try and lie? I can't beleive anyone with any skill too this seriously.

SifuAbel
04-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Oh dear lord, you guys actually created a long thread about this? Here's the news, as soon as this appeared, Eddie's students all admitted it was FAKE... Eddie actually set it up, his students at first thought it was real, but it was yet another Eddie Bravo gag... NOT REAL

Now you can go on to other threads....

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahyahahahhahahawhahahahahahh ahazaaaaaaaaaaaa

Poo poo on several people here! LOL!!!

Here's a big Homer "DOH!!" for you.

Knifefighter
04-26-2007, 02:22 PM
1 Mas Judt
0 for Knifefighter

Damittall!!!!

And even worse is that SifuAmble also gets one:

SifuAmble- 2
Knifefighter- 47

Mas Judt
04-26-2007, 02:55 PM
dang you knifefighter, you made me spray coffee on my computer.... (that doesn't count as one)

SifuAbel
04-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Damittall!!!!

And even worse is that SifuAmble also gets one:

SifuAbel- 2
ButterKnifefighter- 47

40 of those were straw men. :rolleyes:

rogue
04-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't believe it was a work no matter what anybody says. It's just not in Bravo's personality to do or say anything outrageous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsiI3JiJrMk&mode=related&search=

Yeah, it's that video.:D

SifuAbel
04-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Yikes................

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-26-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't believe it was a work no matter what anybody says. It's just not in Bravo's personality to do or say anything outrageous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsiI3JiJrMk&mode=related&search=

Yeah, it's that video.:D

dude smokes way too much pot. then again its better than drinking too much beer like i do.

drleungjohn
04-26-2007, 10:01 PM
-I am having a hard time telling-

sunfist
05-02-2007, 04:55 AM
Is the VT on the 'attackers' back for ving tsun or vale tudo? If the former then thats a nice touch.

Mega-Foot
05-02-2007, 09:03 AM
My ninjitsu seven senses tell me this video is bologna.

1. I do not see the "kung fu guy" in question doing any kind of kata.

2. The students are just sitting there, and none of them is surprised in the least.

3. The "kung fu guy" goes for a groundfighting takedown. He does not punch or kick.

4. Why is this being videotaped? They're not talking about anything, and you can't even hear the audio, so it couldn't be for instructional purposes. Plus, the lighting is off, so it's obviously not any kind of production. Obviously this is a hack job piece of acting.

5. Why would the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor be so offended that someone is performing a kata off to the side, if he's not a part of the class?

6. Everybody knows that a BJJ instructor has no training in punching and kicking, and he would have lost horrendously.

7. I've never seen such a poor stances in the approach for a kata-man. This was obviously a BJJ student with no instruction in real fighting.

Shaolinlueb
05-02-2007, 09:52 AM
staged or not i give this 1 out of 5 stars MK

PangQuan
05-02-2007, 10:10 AM
-I am having a hard time telling-

dude.....who really cares! that video rocks

:eek: :D