PDA

View Full Version : cracking someone over the head...

Ray Pina
04-25-2007, 11:01 AM
I just found out that my last name, my real last name, Pina, with one of those squiggly lines over it ... means cracking someone over the ****ing head. I love it! I'm changing it back when I get my Puerto Rican license.

Also spent like 30 something hours with a radiating, beautiful, dread-locked surfer girl from Venezuala that's roaming the world and wise and I'm certainly in love but now wise enough now not to grasp or paw and just too much respect for each other and ourselves to do little more than stair and pet and hold and laugh in the rain, in the surf.... broken down on the side of the road.... towed back to the country.... night. Rain. Love. Peace. Joy. Comfort. One While Two.

So anyway, how is everyone doing? Anything going on?

muy tranquillo. muy

ittokaos
04-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Good Morning!

Umm....I may be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure that Pina is pineapple in spanish. It could have a different meaning depending on the dialect but I know that in the mexican dialect it's pineapple.

Not too knowledgable on the puerto rican dialect though.

I hope this helps!

WF

ps..congrats on the girl

xcakid
04-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Pina in Pilipino means Pineapple. We got that from the Spanish(Castillan) word which means the same thing. If ya change your name to Biakin ko ang ulo mo, that would mean crack you head in my language. :D

@PLUGO
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Maybe it's a local colloquialism.

My folks just bought a house in Ponce; their second retirement. I'll probably pay 'em a visit while I'm out there. Any tips?

MasterKiller
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Babelfish: PIÑA = Fragmentation hand grenade

lkfmdc
04-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Uh, Piņa means Pineapple in regular old Spanish :confused:

SifuAbel
04-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Babelfish: PIŅA = Fragmentation hand grenade

Yes, a pineapple grenade (http://www.panzerfahren.de/content/bf42/infos/waffen/allied/standard/pineapplefragmentationgrenade/img/pineapplefragmentationgrenade1.jpg).

SevenStar
04-25-2007, 03:22 PM
yeah, I learned it to be pineapple as well.

SanHeChuan
04-25-2007, 04:16 PM
I think he really just wanted to talk about his new hawty :cool:

xcakid
04-25-2007, 04:33 PM
I think he really just wanted to talk about his new hawty :cool:

If that's the case, then this thread is worthless without pics of said hottie.

Ray Pina
04-25-2007, 05:31 PM
I know it means pinapple... but here I also heard it means rock, and most recently, in my Learn to Speak Boriquan, I learned of its other, much cooler meaning... which obviously is the one I'm going to adapt.

rogue
04-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Just double check those sources Ray.:D

SifuAbel
04-26-2007, 12:31 AM
I know it means pinapple... but here I also heard it means rock, and most recently, in my Learn to Speak Boriquan, I learned of its other, much cooler meaning... which obviously is the one I'm going to adapt.

Whatever floats your boat, sponge bob.

Mr Punch
04-26-2007, 01:51 AM
Man, that's mint... you can sure give somebody a good crack over the head with a pineapple... sweet news on new honey - enjoy.