PDA

View Full Version : Straight up street fight

Crosshandz
04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW_cn8uLM8U&mode=related&search=

The above clip showcases no technique and no skill. What it highlights is the mentality of a Street Fighter (IMHO). These guys are fighting two on one, three on one, as soon as someone turns their back they're in there and the fact they're getting hit by batons by the police does not deter them in the slightest. Just food for thought...

msg
04-27-2007, 04:00 PM
fights always look like crap but thats the realty of real fighting its never pretty .as for the police them useing there batons not smart on there end .me and my friend got caught up in a bar fight once ..the police came and did the same thing they hit my buddy he ended up beating up to cops at the same time when they hit him with there batons he just thought that it was somebody geting him from behind ..i think they should come up with some other way to break up fights

Crosshandz
04-27-2007, 04:54 PM
My point was just that. For guys on the streets its not about looking pretty its about causing damage. In my opinion a lot of martial artists aren't ready for the reality of street fighting. A lot of guys out there seem to think a one size fits all to real life fightting is good enough but what I wanted to showcase was the fact that real life street fighters dont act like they do in our imaginary scenarios. You take on one, you get another couple jumping you from behind and they dont give a **** if the police show up or not. Short of seeing a gun get pulled out they're going to aim to do you some serious damage. Really what happened with that guy getting K.O. in spite of the police trying to stop the fight is quite lightweight. He's fortunate that there were no loose and heavy objects in the vacinity because from my experience street fighters dont hesitate to pick up a brick or a bottle and throw it or smash it in your face. IMHO a lot of people out there are overconfident about what they can do in a real street fight. Real street fighters aren't your average opponent. They're true no holds barred fighters and if winning means getting your friends involved, stabbing someone or whatever then they wont hold back. The mentality of these guys is such that they want to take you out and if they're going down then they're at least taking you with them.

JetLi'sFearless
04-27-2007, 09:04 PM
those areexactly the typeofpeople Ive been dealing with lately and have to get revenge on.

Mega-Foot
04-28-2007, 05:55 AM
fights always look like crap but thats the realty of real fighting its never pretty .

I think perhaps you don't know what you're talking about. Fighting should always be pretty and graceful, because you are the beautiful center of your own world. Your feet should be as lillies, floating tranquilly upon the face of a clearwater moor. Your hands should be as daffodils, and your eyes like lentils, warm and soupy.

If you cannot identify with this, you're living in a fantasy fight world-one where brutes triumph over gentlemen, and thugs beat men of honor. Your video clip was an exposition of primo thuggery, and nothing more. I have taken on those odds, and won many a time, and won with honor.

msg
04-28-2007, 02:45 PM
it would be nice if fighting was pretty .but realy the only way it would is if you can get the first punch off and get the guy to the ground ..if standing and hes on the ground you will al ways win .iam not saying it should be like that video that was just wild swinging with people that dont train ..