PDA

View Full Version : Yang Jwing Ming vs Yuan Ming Cheng? True or not?

kylemars
04-29-2007, 05:08 PM
ok, a certain instructor is going around saying that back in Taiwan in the 1960's or somesuch thereabouts that Yang Jwing Ming had a shaolin school in Taipei. Dr.Yang is quite well respected, so I'm not sure if this is true, that is what I want to find out. Apparently Yuan Ming Cheng tried to open up a school, so YJM sent some of his senior students over there to kick him out of the area. This is where it gets interesting. One of Yuan Ming's students claims that Yuan Ming beat the hell out of Jwing's senior students, that they decided to "flee" and not bother him again. Anyone else hear of this odd story? It was told by a student of YM's to a bunch of people. I'd like to hear if any of Jwing's have a different opinion, given that I haven't heard any. I thought it sounded rather made up when I heard it, but I'm wondering..........

B-Rad
04-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Seems like he mostly would have been a student himself rather than running a school on his own in the 60's, and then in the 70's he moved to the U.S. He's not THAT old is he?

kylemars
04-30-2007, 06:48 AM
i think they may be around the same age (their 60's)...

zhangxihuan
05-04-2007, 07:22 AM
i've heard of this too.. Eh I dont know though, sounds like a bs mill created by someone who wasn't there at the time.... I doubt that YJM and YMC would be that competitive over each other....YJM's kung fu is much more well known (the world over)...