PDA

View Full Version : Xin Yi Liu He ( My introduction to the forum).

Xin Yi Liu He
04-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Hello,

My name is Jon Dyer (aka Jay_Bee, from EF), I am 30 years old and from Wellington, New Zealand.

I been practicing the arts now for around 15 years now, I first started out with Japanese martial arts (Karate, Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido, Togakure Ninjitsu), I also dabbled in a little Muay Thai as well.

Around 12 years ago I met my current teacher, Dr Stephen Yan (www.tai-chi.co.nz), you can look at the web site if you like for information on my teacher, or if you have any specific questions, then I will do my best to accomodate you.

I, first started out learning Bei Shaolin Chuan (Yin Xing Mi Zong, Ing Zua, Yueh Jar Si Ba, Cha Chuan, Liu He Chuan, Lohan Chuan, plus Chin Na, etc), I then naturally started to get taught Hebei Xing Yi Chuan, in which I learnt most of my teachers system.

Around 3,4 years ago, I started to learn Xin Yi (Mai Zhuangtu XYLH, Luoyang XYLH and also Dai Xin Yi).

On a couple of occasions we hosted to NZ, teachers representing their respective styles (Ma Hong Xian, who is the leading master of the Luoyang style, in which I became his tudi (disciple) and also master Bei, who was the longest training student under Yang Xianlin (Yan Xianlin is very, very famous in Xin Yi world, he is from West Zhou Kou, Henan), I also became master Bei's tudi as well.

Around 4 or 5 months ago, I was in China researching Xin Yi and Ba Pan Zhang with my teacher, Dr Yan. Our travels took us to many places in Henan, Xian, Shanxi, etc.

In Yong Ji, Shanxi, I finally got around to doing my bai shi (initiation ceremony) with my teacher of 12 years, Dr Stephen Yan.

Yong Ji is the birthplace of Ji Long Feng (Ji Ji Ke), the founder of XYLH (in our opinion). There we performed in front of descendents of Ji Long Feng at their family shrine, it was quite a moment.

The reason I performed it there, was because of the fact, I am taking on 3 different branches of Xin Yi, so if I did it anywhere else, it could dissapoint one of my other teachers.

I have been to Shanxi a couple of times, in which I have met descendents of Guo Weihan (creator of Xing Yi Chuan in Dai practitioners eyes) and also met direct descendents of Dai Long Bang (Dai family), etc.

At the moment we have hosted my shiye (teacher's, teacher) GM Yan Rong Chang. Shiye is the leading master of Yueh Gui Ning's Dai Xin Yi (Yueh Gui Ning was said to have been Dai Kui's protege).

Any questions about what we are doing here in NZ, etc, please don't hesitate to ask.

Yours sincerely.

Jon Dyer ( aka Jay_Bee).

TheSwedishChef
04-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Tha Flowah's invading. :)

I'm here too.

Xin Yi Liu He
04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
hahah, got the spread the word bro!

woliveri
05-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Hi Jon,

I'm particularly interested in the Qigong from the Wu Taiji lineage. May I ask, what is the accessibility of these exercises?

I'm a resident of Shanghai from the US. Is there anyone currently in Shanghai who may have these Qigong sets?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Wong
05-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Bill please visit Cai Sofang in Shanghai. Good qigong.

Xin Yi Liu He
05-02-2007, 03:52 AM
Do you know Ma Yueh Liang's son, Ma Jiang Ling? he is a very nice guy, and speaks some english.

I know a lot of people in Shanghai through my teacher, so if there is anything else you want to have a look at, I might be able to steer you in the right direction.

P.S, I am Xin Yi geek, I don't practice Wu Taiji, but I am very fond of it.

Jay_Bee.

woliveri
05-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Wong, do you know Cai SongFang?

I visited him once but he's in retirement so I didn't want to bother him.

What do you think?

tks.

woliveri
05-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Jay Bee,

I'm particularly interested in Qigong either from the Wushi Taiji family and/or other Qigong in Shanghai. Medical Qigong is one of my biggest interests.

I'm currently learning Bagua Zhang in Shanghai. I know a lot of the Wu style players in People's park and also I know there are a lot of XinYiLiuHe players in Shanghai.

But, I'm more interested in Qigong, Wu style, Medical, or other.

Thanks,

Bill

Xin Yi Liu He
05-02-2007, 05:30 PM
I would like to know who you are learning, Yin Yang Ba Pan Zhang from?, as this style to me is very interesting.

Are you affiliated with master, Ren Wen Zhu? I met him and his students recently and had the opportunity to do some training with them, etc. They were very nice to us and made the stay pleasant.

We also met some students of Ren Zhi Cheng, which teach strictly to Ren Zhi Cheng's curriculum, master Ren Wen Zhu's Ba Pan Zhang is also influenced by other styles.

Please get back to me on this as it is a topic of interest to me.

Jay_Bee.

woliveri
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi Jay_Bee,

I think you read my post incorrectly. I'm currently learning Bagua Zhang (8 trigram palm), not the art you mentioned unless you have a different spelling. I do not know the people you mentioned.

My Bagua lineage is from Wang Zhuang Fei in Shanghai.

See lineage chart here from our sister Italy site:

http://www.baguazhang.it/Genealogia.htm

Xin Yi Liu He
05-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Ok, sorry about that, I reread your post.

I know Wang Zhuangfei's Ba Gua, it is very nice.

Jay_Bee

Blacktiger
05-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Just a question.

The style you study is this 64 hand created by Liu De Kwan....a combination of Liu He, Xing Yi and Bagua???

Just confused at to what the XYLH is that you study :)

woliveri
05-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Jay_Bee,

Thank you, Do you mean you've practiced our style of bagua

or

You know about and have seen our style practiced?

Anyway, I'm still interested in any Qigong references you can offer in Shanghai.

Blacktiger, I don't know the history of XYLH but it is an art that is wide spread in Shanghai.

Thanks,

Bill

Xin Yi Liu He
05-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Jay_Bee,

Thank you, Do you mean you've practiced our style of bagua

or

You know about and have seen our style practiced?

Anyway, I'm still interested in any Qigong references you can offer in Shanghai.

Bill

My teacher often commented how nice and internal master Wang Zhuangfei's Ba Gua was as he met him several times in Shanghai.

I am not a Ba Gua practitioner, but from what I have seen, I like Yin Fu, Liu Feng Chun Ba Gua (Ji Jin Shan) and also Yin Yang Ba Pan Zhang. Any of other the other branches that I did not mention are still special, but I have only been around these styles to form a opinion.

JB.

Blacktiger
05-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Just a question.

The style you study is this 64 hand created by Liu De Kwan....a combination of Liu He, Xing Yi and Bagua???

Hi JB

Are you able to help:confused:

woliveri
05-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Hey Blacktiger,

in addition to Jay_Bee's coming response, check out this article:

http://www.chinafrominside.com/ma/xyxy/xylhhistory.html

hope this helps.

Xin Yi Liu He
05-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Just a question.

I am not familiar with the "64 hands", you mentioned? is this anything to do with, Li Rubo's teacher? I know Li Rubo's teacher, mixed some Xin Yi, Ba Gua and Xing Yi together.

I recently met his daughter and students at a muslim school in Zhenzhou, Henan. On top of academic subjects, they study martial arts, such as Cha Chuan, etc.

As for the Xin Yi I do, I practice 3 main branches, Luoyang Xin Yi Liu He Chuan, Mai Zhuangtu Xin Yi Liu He Chuan and Dai Shi Xin Yi Liu He Chuan (Shanxi).

Mai Zhuangtu style is the most popular as Lu Song Gao, taught many people in Shanghai (Wang Shuwen, Lu's 2nd term tudi, is my shiye).

Li Zun Si (Mai Jingkuei's top student, South Zhoukou Xin Yi), is also my shiye as well.

I also practice West Zhoukou Xin Yi, taught to me from master Bei, from Xian, he is master, Yan Xianlin's student for 30 years.

This must sound pretty confusing for someone who does not do this style, but the branches I mentioned are almost identical, though some have a few more or less movements.

This maybe makes it a little clearer, Mai Zhuangtu (West Zhoukou, South Zhou Kou, Shanghai)

Luoyang is also in Henan, though predates Mai Zhuangtu style, it is composed of short sequences, with slightly different power generation and principles. It is the most rare, Xin Yi branch.

Last but not least, I also practice, Dai Shi Xin Yi Liu He Chuan (Shanxi style), my teacher (Yan Zhi Yuan) is the leading student of Yan Long Chang (Yueh Gui Ning's protege), Yueh Gui Ning is known as one of Dai Kui's top students.

Sorry for the rant!

P.S, any thing you want to know, go to Jareks site www.chinafromtheinside.com

JB.

Blacktiger
05-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Thankyou very much for the info it was great :)

As for the 64 hands being anythng to do with Li Rubo's teacher I am not sure.

As we do Liu He, Li He Mantis I would love to be able to try Xin Yi Liu He....so many things so little time :)

Xin Yi Liu He
05-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I see you are in Melbourne, I have always wanted to travel there, I heard it is a very interesting city.

I was going to ask you, do you know enough people who would be keen on hosting my shiye (Yan Long Chang) over for a seminar on Dai Xin Yi?

I would like to take him to Aus and also would be good to get out there and meet more people outside our circle.

Jon.

Wong
05-09-2007, 05:50 AM
Bill visit Cai Sofang and ask. He can be very open depend on character. Bring something like good tea. No money etc.! Just ask question. Bother is not problem.

Blacktiger
05-09-2007, 09:33 PM
I see you are in Melbourne, I have always wanted to travel there, I heard it is a very interesting city.

I was going to ask you, do you know enough people who would be keen on hosting my shiye (Yan Long Chang) over for a seminar on Dai Xin Yi?

I would like to take him to Aus and also would be good to get out there and meet more people outside our circle.

Jon.

Where are you and your master based?

:)

Xin Yi Liu He
05-10-2007, 01:41 PM
I am based in Lower Hutt, New Zealand.

Here is my blog

http://daixinyi.blogspot.com/

JB.