PDA

View Full Version : Dai Xin Yi (GM Yan Rong Chang)

Xin Yi Liu He
04-30-2007, 03:31 PM
My shiye (my teachers, teacher) GM Yan Rong Chang is currently staying in Wellington, New Zealand. He has been here for around 3 months and has another 3 months to stay, etc.

I know this does not hold much relevance to you as the bulk of you are in the USA, but I was wondering if anyone would be keen to host a seminar?

I will have some articles for you to read chronicling my shiye's life, I just need to get a dictaphone, so my teacher can translate for me, so I can later type it out and edit it.

We are also going to have some footage available for you to see, please be patient, I will have it available as soon as possible.

GM Yan Rong Chang has been only pracitcing Dai Xin Yi for the past 50 years, he is now around 64 and very powerful and fast. He was Yueh Gui Ning's protege (Yueh Gui Ning was one of Dai Kui's top disciples.

To tell you the honest truth, my shiye has been very conservative with his art all his life, he seldom demonstrates, and when he does his own training, he does so in private. His skills are admired by all who know him in Qi Xian/Shanxi, to the point his own martial art brothers (students of his teacher), ask him to refine their technique, etc.

I always had the imopressoin that his doors were closed, but I was wrong! that is why I am here asking those of you that are interested in this very special art, if you are keen on getting some tuition from a high level teacher?

I can arrange for my shiye to come to the US to do seminars, etc, or if you are keen on some adventure, I can arrange for you to go to Qi Xian/Shanxi to train there, etc.

I would like to host a intensive overseas trip to Shanxi, where people can learn the art at it's place of origin, I will also include other toursit related things in Shanxi as it is a wonderful place, with many things of great interest, to people with a love of Chinese culture.

Of course this is going to take a lot of organizing, so at the moment it a dream of sorts, though I would like to turn it into a reality. If people are interested enough, then please email me on Jingang@xtra.co.nz with further questions, etc.

Yours sincerely.

Jon Dyer (aka Jay_Bee)