PDA

View Full Version : Will youtube be the end of fake martial arts?

Fu-Pow
05-01-2007, 06:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6V-AXHVE94

All those cultish martial arts now have their videos posted all over youtube. Does that mean that now that they are getting more exposure they will disappear, now that people can look and compare different martial arts on youtube? What effect do you think it will have, if any?

FP

SevenStar
05-01-2007, 07:07 AM
no. It will actually help them. most of the common public doesn't know look for in a martial art. It's like asking a non car enthusiast the difference between engine types - they don't care - to them, it's just a car. Also, there are a lot of kids surfing youtube. take a vid of someone training either cool looking forms or at least semi realistic apps and add a cool anime theme song, and teens will love it. they will then ask their parents to shell out money to put them in it. I have already seen this with a crap school in my city.

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-01-2007, 07:13 AM
I was able to use online vids to trace the origin of Chung Moo Quan. By comparing various clips of the forms from Korean taught Chinese martial arts

I was able to figur out what line of Kung Fu John C Kim was from, and also that he only learned about 9 months or so, maybe a year. You can see some of his forms match up to that point, and then you can clearly see how he just started inventing on his own after.

For example, in his super long form called Tang nan (supposedly takes 7 hours to complete), only the first 20 or so moves match up, and the rest of the set is all mish mash Kim made up himself.

SPJ
05-01-2007, 07:14 AM
youtube did a lot of "public" service by hosting personal vid's.

most people are there to view and listen to musical vid or MV.

some are there to watch movies, tv series, --

like everything else on the internet, since all may post stuffs.

the material is only as good as the poster.

--

:eek: :D

hskwarrior
05-01-2007, 07:23 AM
this aint gonna help them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyzfckRW8Ck

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Nope, nothing posted about them helps. I am actually suprised they can even keep a school open in this day and age.

Oom Yung Doe is basically a really poor rip off of Bak Nam Park's system done with bad Kong Su Do mechancis, a whole bunch of material (at least 70%) from old Shaw Brother's movies, and everything twisted as far to the extreme as possible to make the workouts really hard.

They are also taugt in such a way as to make it easy for the higher ups to beat on the students...thus making them *Appear* superior when they are not.