PDA

View Full Version : Kimbo vs Mercer

SevenStar
05-03-2007, 09:52 AM
who do you think will win?

brothernumber9
05-03-2007, 11:02 AM
If they fight with gloves, I think Mercer will win. Without gloves I say Kimbo.

All of the Kimbo fights I've seen, other than the one with the cop, were extremely short. Although it is controversial, when it went longer with the cop, Kimbo, in my opinion, lacked stamina.

Mercer has a more than little advantage in wind ,if it is a gloved fight, and abides by boxing rounds. In addition, Mercer has the strength to knock out anyone. His drawbacks are that he lacks lateral movement, especially moving his legs, and that he has aged a bit, although I wouldn't be surprised if Kimbo is about the same age or even older than Mercer.

Ifi Kimbo has a chance, it is early on, akin to a tyson type of barrage, otherwise he will gas, and I beleive, ultimately lose.

To follow up, and finish, I don't know if Kimbo has been imprisoned and fought in prison. Survival instinct is, to me, an X factor (and that is regardless of if someone has been in prison or not). If Kimbo uses that "feeling" as reference to his fights, or more importantly, THIS fight. It may make a difference. But this may all just be the rum and coke talkin.

PangQuan
05-03-2007, 11:28 AM
that is a pretty tough one to call.

ill hold out for now.

when is this fight scheduled again? this summer?

TheWhiteDragon
05-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Are you people really that challenged? You actually think a bum street fighter can hang with a former HW Champ of the world? Kimbo could not even hang with Sean Gannon, much less the likes of Ray Mercer. Kimbo has one chance, taking the fight to the ground and getting a GnP victory. Otherwise, he will get destroyed.

Black Jack II
05-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Mercer, unless Kimbo drinks a gallon of pimp juice first.