PDA

View Full Version : Need computer help

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Ok, so I opened a folder in my D:\ drive called program files.

all my programs are in it.

since i did that, every time i boot my computer, that folder automatically opens by itself.

It's not in the start menu\start folder.

I had this problem once before, and someone told me to delete from the register?

I don't remember how to do that, can anyone help?

I know it's super simple, but I for the life of me can't remember how I fixed this last time.

Thanks!!

MasterKiller
05-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Start / Run / Msconfig

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Ok, THAT was it!!
Thanks!!

Now, from my blundering around trying to remeber this It now tries to run something called regchck.exe, which it cannot find...so I am getting an error from that.

I originally typed tat into the RUN window.

How do I get rid of that?

Mas Judt
05-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Step 1: Buy a hammer

Step 2: Reduce your PC to tiny bits using hammer as a bludgeon

Step 3: Throw out that piece of cr@p

Step 4: Buy a Mac and kiss all that time wasting away.

Seriously, Macs are a certainly more expensive, but you plug them in, and they work. I won't allow a PC int my company due to the ong term costs and reduced productivity that I have observed over the years - as a direct result of the MicroSoft operating system and the challenges of keeping things running that were not always meant towork together.

I hate to be a shill, but switch to a Mac. And you won't have to remember cryptic solutions to cryptic error messages.

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-06-2007, 09:14 AM
You may have a point, BUT I already have this system built and I have other things to do with my money than buy another computer.