PDA

View Full Version : An interesting experience, and some thoughts on Dillman No-Touch and Kiai-Jutsu

Ben Gash
05-05-2007, 01:16 AM
I was sparring on Thursday with a friend who's a hypnotist, and midway through a bout he suddenly grabbed my forearms and yelled "SLEEP" at me. Now I'm not particularly susceptible to suggestion at the best of times, but for a split second it felt like I was sinking into blackness :eek: Apparently if you're emotionally charged, such as in the middle of a real fight, you're quite susceptible to suggestion, making it more effective.
This got me thinking about the Dillman stuff, and especially Kiai-Jutsu. If you cultivated this skill, could you get the results they claim? Slightly more mundane than their explanations, but it's results that matter.

Mega-Foot
05-05-2007, 05:35 AM
In point of fact, yes--you can.

David Jamieson
05-05-2007, 07:11 AM
omfg, did you start laughing and find it hard to punch him after that? :p

Ben Gash
05-05-2007, 07:29 AM
No, once I shook it off I popped him one in the face :D

Scott R. Brown
05-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Next time you spar with him grab his forearms and yell, "QUACK LIKE A DUCK!!" and see what happens. If he quacks like a duck you may be on to something.

Then when we walk down the street everyone we see quacking like a duck we will know to avoid.

Black Jack II
05-05-2007, 09:46 AM
No, you can't. Its complete and utter mindless bullsh!t for people wanting to believe in a fantasy.

TheSwedishChef
05-05-2007, 10:16 AM
No, you can't. Its complete and utter mindless bullsh!t for people wanting to believe in a fantasy.

When did you study hypnotism?

Black Jack II
05-05-2007, 04:57 PM
We are talking about Dillman right. If so anyone who believes you can do a no touch knockout on another person needs to get out more.