PDA

View Full Version : excellent fight ,

golden arhat
05-05-2007, 04:01 PM
i train with this guy ]
he's called jhonny and hes 17
if u look at 00:23 the guy walking behind johnny with the short black hair is my teacher, behind him is the bald guy (shaved obv lol) ozzy and behind him is another shaved dude called phil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqIZf5Qf6kw

golden arhat
05-05-2007, 04:22 PM
WATCH IT

seriously

xcakid
05-05-2007, 04:25 PM
I bet that dude had a headache the next day.

golden arhat
05-05-2007, 04:32 PM
turned out later on that the welsh dudes arm was in fact fractured from that arm bar(if u watch u will see how far it got bent back)

xcakid
05-05-2007, 04:38 PM
turned out later on that the welsh dudes arm was in fact fractured from that arm bar(if u watch u will see how far it got bent back)

I could not believe he did not tap out the first go around. What was even more unbelieveable was that Johny kid hanging on to that arm after the dude got up. I would say both showed great heart and tenacity.

Mr Punch
05-05-2007, 07:41 PM
The Welsh kid seemed outclassed. Fair play to him for sticking it out.

Ya man Johnny's pretty good, but he's gonna find it hard to so completely disregard his boxing guard when he faces a harder hitter. He had no guard on the way in and was taking some serious shots... OK for now, but when he gets punched a bit more and a bit harder, he's gonna feel it sooner.

Where was it? What was the promotion? Nice to see more of these fewer rule fights happening in the UK.

BTW, what style is this? Shouldn't it be in the MMA board!? :D

golden arhat
05-06-2007, 07:54 AM
lol maybe but its gonna get more hits here on this forum

it was in wales in april i think
the first time the match was set up the guy backed out so they set it up again a couple of weeks later with this guy

johnny's recently got a lot tidier with his boxing
that particular fight we had all been training
with the 20 to 2 pad drill(where u try to throw 20 punches jab cross in 20 seconds then 16 then 14 etc to train endurance and speed) so that influenced him alot

more vids coming soon :D

i also put it up in the mma board

cjurakpt
05-06-2007, 08:16 AM
oh yeah - no way that elbow wasn't fractured - I mean, that was some serious hyperextension he got on it!

goes to show you what people can fight through when they are pumped

LeeCasebolt
05-06-2007, 11:32 PM
I'd say that's more "asskicking" than "fight". A poor display of refereeing, too.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-07-2007, 08:37 AM
why bad reffing ... the dude wanted to keep fighting and if he could have made it to round two he might have had a better chance to at least lose by decision.

good vid any which way.

bodhitree
05-07-2007, 08:58 AM
why bad reffing ..

Letting somebody's arm break in an armbar is obviously bad reffing, I would have called it during the armbar, it's his job as a ref to step in when a fighter's stupid pride won't let him submit.

Good job to the kid!

Oso
05-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Letting somebody's arm break in an armbar is obviously bad reffing, I would have called it during the armbar, it's his job as a ref to step in when a fighter's stupid pride won't let him submit.

Good job to the kid!

agreed.

the more amature the event, the better the reffing should be cuz the fighters aren't as smart but I guess that it's the obverse...or is that the 'converse'...dang, my 'logics' teacher would be miffed and standing on his desk screaming about now...

anywho...kudos to Johnny.