PDA

View Full Version : chick has some mad skillz

Black Jack II
05-05-2007, 05:28 PM
She has some sweet balisong manipulation skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uwq8-ynH2w

SanHeChuan
05-05-2007, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTkEGNj1DkE&mode=related&search=

Black Jack II
05-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Good find. Same chick.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-06-2007, 07:14 PM
yeah thats hawt no doubt, but can she castrate a moving pig?

tug
05-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Cool. :cool:

Too bad the vid rez is not clear enough to actually see every move.

(either that, or she's just too d@mn fast...)

Shaolinlueb
05-06-2007, 08:29 PM
imagine what else she could do with that knife? shes got all the boys here on alert. :P

tug
05-06-2007, 08:35 PM
imagine what else she could do with that knife? shes got all the boys here on alert. :P

TTT.......

Samurai Jack
05-07-2007, 12:44 AM
I never understood the point of this particular form of martial art. Is there more to this style of knife fighting than opening and closing your weapon as you twirl it? Why not just open it and use it?

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-07-2007, 06:54 AM
I never understood the point of this particular form of martial art. Is there more to this style of knife fighting than opening and closing your weapon as you twirl it? Why not just open it and use it?

why dont the harlem globetrotters just play basketball?

why dont figureskaters just race?

why dont people who can do cool **** with lighters just light their **** cigerette.

somet things are just not questioned out of their own inherent coolness. except figureskating. figureskating is teh ghey.

Shaolinlueb
05-07-2007, 08:30 AM
if someone pulled out a knife and did all that twirling stuff i would be like hmm, and run.

tug
05-07-2007, 09:14 AM

Dexterity, confidence and ultimately, intimidation.

I'm with Lueb, though - outta here.

GeneChing
05-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Personally, I've survived more encounters strictly through intimidation - they never went to blows. Also you can often predict who will win the fight, especially in boxing and MMA, during that first face-to-face moment just prior to the fight. It's sheer intimidation.

tug
05-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Personally, I've survived more encounters strictly through intimidation - they never went to blows. Also you can often predict who will win the fight, especially in boxing and MMA, during that first face-to-face moment just prior to the fight. It's sheer intimidation.

The face-off is important.

xcakid
05-07-2007, 09:39 AM

Yes.

In the daga y daga portion of arnis, while using the balisong. Various twirls are either blocks that turn to stab or slash. They can also be used to trap and disarm another balisong. Of course thats a double edged technique, since it can be done to you as well. They are also used as faints to certain moves. There are some open balisong technics where they are used to assist in Chin Na like applications.

Black Jack II
05-07-2007, 09:51 AM
The Batangas or balisong knife is really not filipino, its actually French in origin.

It's believed from france the spanish picked it up and during the course of their trades and occupation of the philipines the Batangas area then started making the blades.

As for the odd twirling, that is for mostly amusement and fun. It's a utility knife at heart but when used in a logical fashion, the twirls are just for show or intimadation.

PangQuan
05-07-2007, 09:53 AM
if someone pulled out a knife and did all that twirling stuff i would be like hmm, and run.

ya, or they are giving you a perfect opportunity to get your weapon out un molested. and if your carrying a firearm, well....thanks for twirling dumb asses

BoulderDawg
05-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Just because she can twirl that thing around her fingers doesn't mean that she can use it. That's no more than a slight of hand skill.

Shaolin Shi
05-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Just because she can twirl that thing around her fingers doesn't mean that she can use it. That's no more than a slight of hand skill.

For the most part, I agree... but if the blade is nice and sharp, all it takes is a flick of the wrist to leave you gaping and bleeding profusely.

Black Jack II
05-07-2007, 09:42 PM

What it does show is a great familiarity with the weapon. Which is something to consider.

GeneChing
05-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Before all of you start saying you can cut some one with balisong twirling, you should try it first. Or just think a little about the design of the balisong and the dynamics of the twirl. You have a blade nestled within the handle with a pivot point where the blade meets these two handles. So when you twirl it open, what's going to hit you first, the blade or the handle? The handle. Since the blade is inside the handle, the handle leads when it is twirled open. Now while that can cause some injury, it's not going to cut you. The handle is going to effectively 'close' the blade by covering it. Try it. Do a basic balisong song twirl against a chunk of cheese or a melon or something and see if you can cut it.

This being said, there are some combat applications beyond just intimidation for twirls. If you crack open any manual on Filipino arts (http://www.martialartsmart.net/Filipino_Arts_Videos.html), you'll find that they have excellent blade work. But for the most part, the balisong twirls are just flair. It's a lot like nunchuk twirling.

All I can say is an attractive woman twirling a balisong is a great way to advertise said product. I'm not only impressed by her skills, but also their marketing. Now if only I can get an attractive woman to spin a nunchuk (http://www.martialartsmart.net/Nunchakus.html)in a bikini....

BoulderDawg
05-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Why even put her in a bikini. Let's have her twirling these weapons completely nude!:D

GeneChing
05-08-2007, 09:50 AM
I remember when I used to sell swords at gun shows - there was this series of videos of women in bikinis and pumps while shooting big guns - machine guns, shotguns, that sort of stuff. There was this one that had an automatic shotgun. The chick pulled the trigger and was bounced back out of frame. Hilarious. Now that's entertainment. For some reason, I don't think it would have been as good nekkid.

PangQuan
05-08-2007, 01:35 PM
someone should post a youtube internet challenge match to that chick for a knife fight.

xcakid
05-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I remember when I used to sell swords at gun shows - there was this series of videos of women in bikinis and pumps while shooting big guns - machine guns, shotguns, that sort of stuff. There was this one that had an automatic shotgun. The chick pulled the trigger and was bounced back out of frame. Hilarious. Now that's entertainment. For some reason, I don't think it would have been as good nekkid.

I have a few of those videos. One chick in a flag print bikini firing a Mac10 with a shoulder stock in full auto with boobies bouncing. :D The other one in solid colored bikini firing an M4 also full auto. The other wearing a white bikini firing a Benelli semi shotgun.

I always found women that shoots very sexy. I have taught all of my ex GF's how to shoot. That is just such a turn on. Guess it cause I am a gun afficionado.

OK, must go to bathroom for a few.......BRB. :p