PDA

View Full Version : To Kill a Mastermind

jethro
05-05-2007, 11:26 PM
This movie looks VERY good, but since Celestial has not released it yet, it has become one hell of a legend. THis and Kid From Kwangtung are the 2 Shaw movies that kung fu fans are talking abotu the most right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhrgMG1nCoY

jethro
05-08-2007, 03:37 PM
TO Kill a Mastermind will not be released. Here is what Celestial said-

"Actually, not all of the Shaw Brothers titles will be remastered and released due to our company’s business strategy." :mad: :( :(

mickey
05-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Greetings jethro,

I saw this movie before. The choreography was very good. The real star for me was Yuen Hua. His style in the movie was Eagle Claw: the three fingered version (unlike other actors at the time, he actually flexed his fingers as if he was trying to catch something). When he was about to be taken out by his comrades Yuen Hua did an aerial cartwheel and landed on a point about three feet higher that he was standing. It did not look faked at all. I am still impressed by that display of lightness.

mickey

Jimbo
05-12-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm really hoping for a proper release of The Kid from Kwangtung. I've been hoping for about 24 years now! It's been that long since I've seen it; I saw it twice in a Chinese-language theater that year, and it's my all-time favorite Hwang Jang-Lee performance as villain. It's one of only two Shaw Bros films I know of that Hwang appeared in (the other was Ghosts Galore).

Most of the time when you mention Kid from Kwangtung, people just go, "Huh?" Oddly, it stars Huang Yu, who though he wasn't the greatest martial talent, surprisingly, he was in some of the best old-school KF films.

CLFNole
05-13-2007, 10:04 AM
I believe it is coming out within the next few months from Celestial. Many people have been emailing Celestial to push them to remaster "To Kill a Mastermin" as it seems to be somewhat of the "holy grail" for Shaw fans.