View Full Version : i busted my arm ,help

golden arhat
05-06-2007, 09:09 AM
i kicked this guy about in sparring

and the fool that i was i thought him too dizzy to take me down

but lo and behold take me down he did
he armbarred me aswell

and i didnt tap out in time
now my arm really stings whenever i extend it i put deep heat on at first and that helped
then when i got home i put some jow on it aswwell
ive had numerous baths which have also helped

but i still cant punch, lift, push or pull without feeling excruciating pain

so what do i do ?

Royal Dragon
05-06-2007, 09:17 AM
XRay, MRI, followed by adhearing to your doctor's recomendations.

Kung Pao
05-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Go to a doctor. You've strained something, maybe even damaged the joint. You might not want to hear that, but armbars can mess up an arm REALLY bad, and you need some medical attention. the worst thing you can do right now is to use that arm. So do yourself a favor and see doc.

cjurakpt
05-06-2007, 10:00 AM
XRay, MRI, followed by adhearing to your doctor's recomendations.

Go to a doctor. You've strained something, maybe even damaged the joint. You might not want to hear that, but armbars can mess up an arm REALLY bad, and you need some medical attention. the worst thing you can do right now is to use that arm. So do yourself a favor and see doc.

what they said; it could be as simple as a biceps strain, it could be an olecronon fracture - and unless you know what the olecranon is, then you don't know enough about anatomy to self-diagnos - I'm not trying to be condescending - just making the point that you can't guess around with these things - go get it checked, even if it's nothing, you get it cleared;

once you get it cleared by an orthopedist, post back aboutwhat he / she says it is, and I may have some suggestions based on that

golden arhat
05-06-2007, 11:04 AM
it feels nore like an elbow thing

my muscles feel fine

but i'l go see a doctor asap

thanx

Mr Punch
05-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Mate, I know this advice is too late, but you really should go to the quack's before you come on KFM asking for help!

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-07-2007, 07:09 AM
ice and whiskey.

whiskey solves all problems. its even so confident in doing so that it will sometimes create new problems that can be solved with more whiskey.

Royal Dragon
05-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Beer - The Cause of, AND Solutin to, all of life's problems. ~ Homer Simpson

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-07-2007, 07:54 AM
different spin on the same idea .... words of wisdom either way.

cjurakpt
05-07-2007, 08:20 AM
ice and whiskey.

whiskey solves all problems. its even so confident in doing so that it will sometimes create new problems that can be solved with more whiskey.

not true - all of the world's problems can be solved with duct tape

herb ox
05-07-2007, 08:50 AM
don't forget the bailing wire!

Duct tape + bailing wire = problem fixed.

Seriously, though, it's a good idea with severe traumatic injuries such as yours to have the limb assessed using western Dx methods - if no fracture, go to the dit dar doctor and get some herbal poultice to speed the healing.

good luck, feel better,

herb ox

Meat Shake
05-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Stop masturbating.
Or use the other hand.

Beginner
05-16-2007, 02:07 AM
Hi Arhat

Think is the tendon. I have this pain before. acupuncture will do the trick. I heal in 2 weeks after a crick crack from an armbar which I failed to tap on time

dougadam
05-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Is there any visible sign of the injury?

Beginner
05-18-2007, 11:46 PM
IT have been doing well & insofar no repercussion. It was abt 4 years ago.

There is no visible sign but the pain was excruiating when I do a punch then.

Mega-Foot
05-20-2007, 06:13 AM
I wouldn't take medical advice from a guy that spells like a half-pizzed mongoloid reading a fortune cookie.

Mega-Foot
05-20-2007, 06:14 AM
Aussie. Figures. I hate Aussies!

Ben Gash
05-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Why oh why oh why does everyone put on deep heat and take hot baths for fresh injuries????? IT MAKES THEM WORSE!!! While you get very brief symptomatic relief due to the muscles relaxing, it makes the bruising much worse, making it more painful for longer :rolleyes:
For the first 24-48 hours rest, ice compression and elevation. It's unlikely that you've broken anything, you've likely sprained your lateral collateral ligament (very common from armbars, indeed, I'm suffering myself at the minute). Take it easy, regular painkillers and ice packs, and it should be right as rain in a week or two. If you're concerned, or the pain gets worse, see your GP.

dougadam
05-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Why oh why oh why does everyone put on deep heat and take hot baths for fresh injuries????? IT MAKES THEM WORSE!!! While you get very brief symptomatic relief due to the muscles relaxing, it makes the bruising much worse, making it more painful for longer :rolleyes:
For the first 24-48 hours rest, ice compression and elevation. It's unlikely that you've broken anything, you've likely sprained your lateral collateral ligament (very common from armbars, indeed, I'm suffering myself at the minute). Take it easy, regular painkillers and ice packs, and it should be right as rain in a week or two. If you're concerned, or the pain gets worse, see your GP.

I definitely agree Ben Gash. :)