PDA

View Full Version : time the bite

Black Jack II
05-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Here is a kino mutai clip blended with bjj. Now it is a bland assertion that anyone can bite but kino mutai helps you think about how to get the uniterrupted bite through timing and positioning.

I picked up a bit of it in JKD and it was interesting to some degree, I feel a lot of the marketing behind it was a little out of left field.

One of the few clips I could find of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3j1AfVsbP8

Here is some of Salvatore Oliva, a skilled jkd player using it in standup clinch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwchMZJeltg

FuXnDajenariht
05-07-2007, 01:08 PM
eeewww.

can you say blood-borne disease?

sanjuro_ronin
05-07-2007, 01:10 PM
So what keeps the other guy from biting back or breaking his teeth ?

Black Jack II
05-07-2007, 01:19 PM
can you say blood-borne disease?

Yeah, that is a risk, but this type of stuff like most aspects of certain arts is for when you have to do anything to try and get the job done. It's better to get lets say ten more good years with a disease than none at all if your dead.

So what keeps the other guy from biting back or breaking his teeth

Bizzare question, that really has no context bro. It is what it is.

sanjuro_ronin
05-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Well, if you advocate biting as a technique to use, certainly you must have some sort of counter if the attacker decides to play your game, right?
How is that bizzare?

GeneChing
05-07-2007, 02:36 PM
We've discussed biting some on the street fighting forum (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45560).

Black Jack II
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
So what keeps the other guy from biting back or breaking his teeth

I guess if you mean what keeps another person from biting you in general is superior positioning.

The breaking his teeth comment is the one I was referring to, but in general you target soft body tissue not bone, nipple, cheek, lat, eyebrow area, so on.

yenhoi
05-07-2007, 05:17 PM
kinomutai is not necessarily just biting. In many systems it includes pinching, tearing, and even some basic nerv attacks.

It means to become or be sharp, in whole, like a knife or blade.

Specifically, biting someone causes instant panic in most people, and if you restrain them while you bite them the physical damage can be horrendous.

:eek:

Oso
05-07-2007, 05:32 PM
so, what happened to the old argument that biting would be no good in a real fight?

if we can meld the two, I'm a big fan of the grabbing pinch applied to the right area as a shock/pain attack in the down and dirty clinch.

Black Jack II
05-07-2007, 09:45 PM
so, what happened to the old argument that biting would be no good in a real fight?

That has never been my assumption. It can be nasty as hell. I have been bite and though it did not stop me from fighting, it sure put a new set of panic motors in.

Kino is gouging as well as biting. I was just showing the biting part of the vid.

Oso
05-08-2007, 03:40 AM
ok, didn't necessarily mean 'your' argument that biting wasn't effective but it sure got poo-poo'd by a large percentage of 'full contact' advocates.

i got bit once but it was just on the forearm and I just kinda looked at him and grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled his head back while pushing with the bitten arm.

I think biting needs to hit the same areas as a good 'fist pinch':

side of neck
side of torso, high under the arm
side of torso, just fwd of the midline and just below the waistline
inside of leg
cheek, nose, ear

Black Jack II
05-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Oso,

I know bro, I was just stating. I am more of the biting is overrated type of guy.

A lot of full core mma guys will bash it to bits, but I believe with the right target location, position, and mindset, hell yeah it can fit in the toolbox.

Oso
05-08-2007, 01:24 PM
"If it's stupid and it works then it isn't stupid''

:D

contextual application applies to every tool in the box.

PangQuan
05-08-2007, 01:26 PM
lets ask Mike Tyson :eek:

:cool: