PDA

View Full Version : can somebody help me out here?????

hskwarrior
05-07-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YRkeoqDDPc

above is a clip of a master doing Fut Ga from Hong Kong. Can somebody help me out and tell me who he is? the set he did opened like fut san openings, then moved on to look like fut san sup gee, even like siu sup gee that shane lacey performed.

is that guy really fut ga? n if so, is what he's doing fut ga? i could have sworn that's hung sing or buk sing choy lee fut

CLFNole
05-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Wai Lap Kei is the son of Wai Sing, Buk Sing CLF.

hskwarrior
05-07-2007, 06:03 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh, so what he's doing isn't fut ga (unless he's doing what jeong yim originally called his system before CLF) but that explains it.

if you look at the siu ping kuen video i posted up and that of TSE WING BUN you'll see the same thing.

thanks clfnole. i thought it was our CLF.

oh it looks like sup jee and siu ping kuen......may be the whole sup gee.

hskwarrior
05-07-2007, 06:08 PM
ok def it's sup gee.

CLFNole
05-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I remember someone saying it looked like a mix. As far as the Fut Gar title who knows who put the video up they might not have known it was CLF. I remember eating dinner with the performers younger brother one time and we were talking about CLF and he said buk and hung sing were the same.

The Xia
05-07-2007, 06:48 PM
A quote from my thread,
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45413

For Sifu Frank, in Hong Kong many Bak Hsing schools call their gung fu "fut ga" My Sigung called his style Bak Hsing Fut Gar at his school in Vancouver. Sifu expalined that when ever some asked Tam Sam what style he did he said "Fut Ga, Buddha Style," I've seen two or three schools besides mine that describe their Bak Hsing as Fut Ga.

nospam
05-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Well color me shades of green and red - could it be true!? Bak Hsing Fut Gar!? you say?

..go figure..

nospam
:cool:

hskwarrior
05-07-2007, 07:52 PM
oh.....wow......hey.........right on:o

didn't know that thread existed.

hskwarrior
05-07-2007, 08:00 PM
ok let's spill it then......

yeah, jeong yim's gung fu was possibly called fut ga (because he was mainly a student of Ching Cho) and from what i understand is that its even possible his style was called hung sing kuen........but that really upsets chan family members.

and Buk Sing Fut Ga wouldn't be a long shot. hell, ching cho taugt jeong yim fut ga, afterwords he combined the Lee Ga from lee Yau San, and chan heung's choy lee fut with his fut ga.

he didn't open a CLF school for CHAN HEUNG, he opened one for CHING CHO and the hung mun in fut san.

we all clf eff it.

Satori Science
05-08-2007, 05:48 AM
I've talked to a few people who thought that this is Ping Kune, to me it is defiantley Sup Jee. IT is actually the same techniques(the ones shown) in the exact same order as my Sup Jee. Also the distinctive feature of Ping Kuen (as the three trad patterns have few differences between them except for the order and a few specialty movements) is the circle hands that we use to wind up before we step back into the openning three chun sow (snake blocks) after the hoy jong. Here he simply steps back into the chun sows.

However if you look at the HSK CLF celebration vids that Sifu Frank posted you see that Sifu Carrie Wong added those circle hands to his siu sup jee kow da kuen, probably because they represent integral fighting movements in our style. But according to My Sifu who learned Ping Kuen from Grand Elder Lung Jee, traditionally you only see them in that form.

And yes as I said in that quoted thread, Tam Sam was said to have always referred to his CLF as Fut Gar, which we still use in our lineage. And as I said I've seen it used by a few other Bak Hsing schools in Hong Kong as well.

TenTigers
05-08-2007, 09:23 AM
which is the clip with Carrie Wong? could you post a link?

hskwarrior
05-08-2007, 09:51 AM
tt,

sifu carrie wong is the first performer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRnSZaaGp5Q