PDA

View Full Version : Shoes

switters
05-08-2007, 08:14 AM
I saw a guy at a workshop last weekend with some thick-soled Kung Fu/Tai Chi shoes. They looked pretty similar to the standard cloth version, except the sole was about 1/2 thick, black instead of white, and the shoe itself looked much sturdier - maybe it was canvas or a different material.

I have a pair of the standard kind and they're ripped to shreds. I'd like to get a new pair like the ones the guy at the workshop had, but unfortunately I wasn't able to ask him where he got them. I've searched around the Internet but all I can find are the standard cloth/thin-soled versions.

Has anyone seen what I'm talking about and know where to get them?

Thanks.

doug maverick
05-08-2007, 10:33 AM
i always get the rubber soled ones myself. they last longer and you don't have to worry about slipping and busted yo a$$

switters
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
sounds good - but where do you get them?

doug maverick
05-11-2007, 11:23 AM
got them from blt in nyc chinatown, i think there on the web.

zippo_88
05-11-2007, 02:24 PM
karatedepot has rubber soled kung fu shoes as well

Scott R. Brown
05-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Walmart, the soles are the gum colored ones though.

BraveMonkey
05-14-2007, 11:19 AM
I just wear skateboarding shoes (Airwalks, Vans, etc) because they tend to be sturdy, comfortable, and the bottoms are smooth and flat with out being slippery. They come in lots of colors and styles, but you can get a good pair that isn't too flashy and can look nice with a traditional uniform.

They don't look "kung fu-ishl" exactly, but they work for me. Another bonus is I can (and do) wear the same kind of shoes for everyday walking about so if I ever need to physically defend myself, I'll be able to move as freely as I am used to when I practice. Not a great advantage in a fight, I suppose, but every little bit helps, right?